Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

11 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

when we sold chillwell there were some quite strong links. Supposedly if we hadn’t got Castagne we would have gone for him. of course i hope its all rubbish, but as with vestergaarde there can be some substance 

Pretty sure he was just one of many possible replacements that were brought up?

Tagliafico, Joe Bryan, Wijndal, Telles…

• Like 1

1 hour ago, surrifox said:

this is the sort of rumour that makes people think that BR cannot be trusted to make signings or dictate transfer policy

....interesting development here!!!

Aston Villa[edit]

On 1 July 2019, Targett signed for newly-promoted Aston Villa for an undisclosed fee.[17] He made his debut on 27 August in a 6–1 EFL Cup second round victory over Crewe Alexandra, although he was only able to play the first 42 minutes of the game before suffering a hamstring injury.[18]

He recovered and returned to the squad on 25 September, in a 3–1 victory in the next round at Brighton & Hove Albion,[19] and then made his first Premier League start for Villa three days later in a 2–2 home draw against Burnley.[20] Targett scored his first goal for Aston Villa on 19 October, defeating Brighton 2–1 at Villa Park in the fourth minute of added time.[21]

At the end of the 2020–21 season, Targett was the only outfield player to start all 38 Premier League matches, and was voted Players' Player of the Season by his teammates.[22]

Newcastle United (loan)[edit]

On 31 January 2022, Targett joined Newcastle United on loan until the end of the 2021–22 season.[23]

Edited by sacreblueits442
Update

1 hour ago, BKLFox said:

i don't rememebr his name being mentioned as a replacement but i do remember Sergio Reguilon, Kieran Tierney & Robin Gosens

1 hour ago, moore_94 said:

Pretty sure he was just one of many possible replacements that were brought up?

Tagliafico, Joe Bryan, Wijndal, Telles…

my point is that when the same players seem to keep cropping up (ones that haven’t previously played for the manager or some other obvious jump for the press) then there’s a little more chance of the truth behind it 

doesn’t make them the top target (no pun intended) but potentially a sign that it’s a player that interests us in some way. 

Edited by Lambert09

6 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Diallo came on and played 20 minutes, involved in the 2nd goal with his header from a corner (which was going wide) going in off Verratti

https://v.fodder.gg/v/5at4yg

....the most significant part of that was that he actually got his head to the ball!!!

He looks an asset who gives us something different. Rodgers does not want a big target man, but this player is big enough to trouble any CB and good enough on the ground to go around them.

1 hour ago, Flannel_Fox said:

Screenshot_20220505_103115_com.twitter.android_edit_423738998557736.jpg

....seems to know where the goal is, strong and has creativity in his game!!!

If we do not bring in CDK then you would think Piroe would be a good replacement, although Diallo would be just as good a shout. It seems that the ability to settle is a big hurdle, as to how much we can expect the player to perform on arrival, so him already being at Swansea has got to be a plus.

A total of 22 goals and 6 assists in the league so far, is a good return from 44 matches played. He will have a presence upfront but he seems to have the #10 position or an inverted #10 role in a 3-4-2-1. So he is either taking Maddison's role or playing alongside him in a 2.

9 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....not sure why he found himself at Swansea!!!

I wonder how much they aaer looking for him. Transfer Market values him at less than £2m , he was tipped to go far at PSV.

He looks like he's got a lot of potential, reminds me a bit of the early days of Van Persie when Arsenal got him.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He looks like he's got a lot of potential, reminds me a bit of the early days of Van Persie when Arsenal got him.

...he was being talked about in 2018 as a potential next Van Nistelrooy, quality player!!!

Now 4 years later, to him being at Swansea, in a team in the second tier and making up the league numbers, strikes me as strange unless there has been injuries that has blighted his progression.

We have had Vardy, who is like a whippet and his pace, strength and mentality has produced a very special player, we have not had a big imposing forward leading the line for us, or someone we could target as an option since Ulloa. If we should have, CDK, Daka, Piroe and Vardy, we will have good options to use throughout the season.

nb.

Having checked, there has not been any significant injuries that has held him back.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, jruizc_ said:

Very difficult to happen then if Borussia Mönchengladbach is interested as they don't have restrictions.

We could sign him and loan him out but I don't think we have that luxury given what in's and out's we need to do this summer.