Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
dbtcity

Twitter Transfer Rumours

2 hours ago, EnderbyFox said:

Potential 40 Million euro bid by the end of the Transfer Window, yeah right. Can't even afford any defensive reinforcements on loan- surely we aren't spending that on an 18 year old forward lol

it’s ALMOST as bad as spending £30m on a 19 year old defender with only a handful of first team games  in Lique 1!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 26/01/2022 at 02:00, MPH said:

it’s ALMOST as bad as spending £30m on a 19 year old defender with only a handful of first team games  in Lique 1!

He's referring to how much we've got not how much the  player is.

I genuinely believe we would/can spend this for the right person and right position. And especially for the future.

If he is the rw we need, this is where the money is better spent rather than spunking it now on yet another defender to get us through what is a shit nothing season.

Start again next year, do the best we can this year. Still in 2 winnable cups, and even the shit league has euro spots if we did come good. And if we don't. **** it, we are more than 1 season. Even that season!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, gw_leics772 said:

if we don't. **** it, we are more than 1 season. Even that season!

Explain that to the rabid mob on here if we lose the next six matches. On here any sort of defeat is totally unacceptable. Long term planning is always secondary to winning matches. If we lose to Forest, head for the hills.

1 hour ago, An Sionnach said:

Explain that to the rabid mob on here if we lose the next six matches. On here any sort of defeat is totally unacceptable. Long term planning is always secondary to winning matches. If we lose to Forest, head for the hills.

....irrespective of who or which league you support, any team losing 6 on the trot will encounter an adverse reaction in their fan base!!!

Calling posters a "rabid mob", seems to be an over reaction to people not going with your take of the situation, as there are posters who you are never going to change, with any kind of discourse, and you just read their post and move on.

Losing to Forest, will not be something that you would expect any LCFC supporter to embrace, I do not want to see that play out, as I suspect nor would you.

14 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....irrespective of who or which league you support, any team losing 6 on the trot will encounter an adverse reaction in their fan base!!!

Calling posters a "rabid mob", seems to be an over reaction to people not going with your take of the situation, as there are posters who you are never going to change, with any kind of discourse, and you just read their post and move on.

Losing to Forest, will not be something that you would expect any LCFC supporter to embrace, I do not want to see that play out, as I suspect nor would you.

Of course not, but results trump everything and as you can see at Watford short termism usually rules. I will say though that overreaction to odd goal defeats is becoming more common on here. The club as a whole has constantly moved forward since promotion and is now a well known outfit in world terms , something I never thought would happen. It rarely runs smoothly in football though so we have to be more accepting of the odd below average period. Six was perhaps too many but we will sooner or later lose three in a row but that is not necessarily a catastrophe.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Of course not, but results trump everything and as you can see at Watford short termism usually rules. I will say though that overreaction to odd goal defeats is becoming more common on here. The club as a whole has constantly moved forward since promotion and is now a well known outfit in world terms , something I never thought would happen. It rarely runs smoothly in football though so we have to be more accepting of the odd below average period. Six was perhaps too many but we will sooner or later lose three in a row but that is not necessarily a catastrophe.

....losing by the odd goal and bemoaning that defeat requires context.....!!!

If you review the Brighton game, although it was a draw, a poor decision by Rodgers put us on the back foot (literally). We lost to Man. City 6-3 but the forum was offering praise regarding how we managed to comeback from 4-0 down, losing is not necessarily the problem, all teams lose games, but how it came about, is the real issue.

When perception is that we are hindering ourselves by poor team formation and managerial decisions it is not easy to accept periods where our progress stalls when clearly it was(or perceived to be) avoidable. Playing a 4-4-1-1 against Man. City is asking for trouble, it was too easy for them, eventually we got to a 5-4-1 and that suited us more.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

If you review the Brighton game, although it was a draw, a poor decision by Rodgers put us on the back foot (literally). We lost to Man. City 6-3 but the forum was offering praise regarding how we managed to comeback from 4-0 down, losing is not necessarily the problem, all teams lose games, but how it came about, is the real issue.

When perception is that we are hindering ourselves by poor team formation and managerial decisions it is not easy to accept periods where our progress stalls when clearly it was(or perceived to be) avoidable. Playing a 4-4-1-1 against Man. City is asking for trouble, it was too easy for them, eventually we got to a 5-4-1 and that suited us more.

Southampton have blunted Man.City twice this season , whether that was playing a rigid formation or on field flexibility is hard to say. Perhaps Rodgers is too wedded to rigid formation instead of letting the players respond to what can be an ever changing threat.That is something I would like to see change. This demands a leader on the pitch which we lack.

3 hours ago, An Sionnach said:

Buncha willy pullers. **** 🤣🤯 em.

43 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Southampton have blunted Man.City twice this season , whether that was playing a rigid formation or on field flexibility is hard to say. Perhaps Rodgers is too wedded to rigid formation instead of letting the players respond to what can be an ever changing threat.That is something I would like to see change. This demands a leader on the pitch which we lack.

I feel like it's more.likely the opposite. He ****s about with the team changing formations per team and also too mich per game instead of concentrating on us.

Substitutions have recently cost us and my main gripe is going defensive. Ever. (Unless it's like when we walloped man city)

But see my earlier post. I would like to think I am doing reasonably well with perspective and how he has earned a "meh!" season imo.

That is my balanced view but don't get me wrong. I moan like **** about it verbally. 

Just think (like you appear to) that the tirade of moaning posts on here could also do with a little perspective at times.

It is however difficult cos when we're shit, we are usually very very shit (but when we are good we can also be excellent)

• Like 3

1 hour ago, gw_leics772 said:

I feel like it's more.likely the opposite. He ****s about with the team changing formations per team and also too mich per game instead of concentrating on us.

Substitutions have recently cost us and my main gripe is going defensive. Ever. (Unless it's like when we walloped man city)

But see my earlier post. I would like to think I am doing reasonably well with perspective and how he has earned a "meh!" season imo.

That is my balanced view but don't get me wrong. I moan like **** about it verbally. 

Just think (like you appear to) that the tirade of moaning posts on here could also do with a little perspective at times.

It is however difficult cos when we're shit, we are usually very very shit (but when we are good we can also be excellent)

Bang on. Rodgers just appears to get timings wrong, almost like he's preplanned things. He changes things when we are on top but also shuffles things too late in games.  

The last few games are great examples. Against Spurs we were clearly getting over run all over the place late in the game, a defensive switch to see the game out would have been a good idea in the last 10.   But at brighton he made the move with about 30 minutes to go... even the well drilled teams struggle to absorb pressure for that long. No team top heavy team would take that approach. 

When liverpool were a laughing stock at the back they rarely sat back and hoped a 1 goal win would work, they pushed on. Of course there was always a chance they would concede but they also won many games by 3 or 4 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

That's how I see it too. It's not necessarily the defeats themselves but the context and decisions made that led to those defeats. When there seems to be repeated poor decisions and seemingly no lessons learned, it would be odd if there wasn't comment and an amount of derision or frustration. 

• Like 2

25 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

....United is having a laugh, he is over priced and under valued, at 29 and his experience, we could do with some of that!!!

I wonder if they view us as a team where they would choose not to sell to. He needs to get away from that club, far away.