Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Forest Away

9 minutes ago, Voll Blau said:

Says it all that our away end at Old Trafford 2016 was one of the flattest I can remember.

Said it before but I'm actually glad we didn't win it that day, with our team being politetly applauded to their first ever league title by a bunch of people who looked like they'd never been to a football match before. LCFC's continued attitude towards freebies for big games is baffling.

Chelsea on the final day and Madrid were just as bad

• Like 1

Just now, LCFC99 said:

Any idea how many tickets left? Surely everyone that wanted to get one today would of done so first thing. So the remaining should be available tomorrow.

You’d think that but iv been keeping an eye on it and about 30 are going every hour still for some reason. 

5 minutes ago, MattFox said:

Chelsea on the final day and Madrid were just as bad

Can imagine. Couldn't make Madrid due to lack of funds but mates who were told me the guys behind them openly admitted to being Tigers fans who weren't interested in football but had managed to get tickets!

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, Cardiff_Fox said:

He doesn't run the ticket office any more but he's been compliant to a culture within it that's been there years. Of course him and a few of others are perfectly fine with it because they get their tickets and the club pays for them to run hotel collections abroad. I might be harsh here. Jim is humble on the whole with it all. But there's some involved who have a huge ego with it and I have personally seen them make statements such as 'you are never going a game again' to lads who use others STs etc. 

They get all righteous about reference swapping but they take no issue at all with flogging them to faceless mates of mates or as I personally know ex-hools via box holders/matchday sponsors. 

Makes you laugh when you think back to that whole farce with Warsaw away when they refused to go on general sale to stop trouble makers going over.

I can guarantee that a massive number of the ticket office ‘allocation’ go to said troublemakers.

The worst I’ve seen it was the Everton game when we lifted the prem. I’m sk1 and there was a massive tent set up for I’m not joking about 1000 Thais who had all the new shirt on. Wound me up big time. Real Leicester fans never got the chance to see the greatest moment in our history because of it. The price you pay for success though. King power FC.

• Like 4

1 minute ago, Footballwipe said:

Ah don't worry, they'll lob us a free t-shirt, beer, scarf or some other cheap tat at a future game and the usual suspects will be out defending the club to the hilt and all of this will be forgotten.

Until the next time it happens, of course. Rinse and repeat the cycle.

Do wonder what the replies would be in the main forum…

10 minutes ago, Munshi said:

If I miss out by one point and some guy who prints names on to the back of shirts is at the game with his girlfriend with their 2 free tickets i’m going to be fuming. 

I'm sure they'll be really bothered about you fuming.

The real question is what can you do about it?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Surprised it's taken so long for people to cotton on to tickets going walkabout. Been going on for years. 

I assume it wasn't so prevalent for the FA Cup final purely based on the number of tickets we had allocated to us, so they had to be pretty cautious. If we'd had the 25,000 full allocation it would have been interesting to see how many were skimmed off.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Footballwipe said:

Ah don't worry, they'll lob us a free t-shirt, beer, scarf or some other cheap tat at a future game and the usual suspects will be out defending the club to the hilt and all of this will be forgotten.

Until the next time it happens, of course. Rinse and repeat the cycle.

Unfortunately this is exactly the case.

Pure contempt for the "legacy fans" of the club washed over by a free mince pie at Christmas.