Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
K1FOX

Forest Away

1 hour ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Surprised it's taken so long for people to cotton on to tickets going walkabout. Been going on for years. 

I'd say most on this forum know, it's just the usual cycle of info.

Some take it too far, others defend to the death. Both arguments die on a hill and nothing gets done. 

Then we get another injury and they all move onto something else. 

Just need to look at both sets of reactive users to see what happens

Edited by UniFox21

24 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Have really got 3000 plus fans in 1st to 3rd priority. wonder how brighton diidnt sell in 2 days or southampton? or even Liverpool away in league in couple of weeks? (it wont happen but the idiots on here and there are numerous and on facebook etc buying tickets for their mates should be banned for life. Wouldnt be hard when someone goes to game they have to show season ticket or members card, photo id and and ticket with name on, they dont match the ticket gets confiscated and season ticket holder banned for life.

Unless it our own corrubt section managers etc doing the checking

Welcome to the forum, Vish.

• Haha 4

29 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

Have really got 3000 plus fans in 1st to 3rd priority. wonder how brighton diidnt sell in 2 days or southampton? or even Liverpool away in league in couple of weeks? (it wont happen but the idiots on here and there are numerous and on facebook etc buying tickets for their mates should be banned for life. Wouldnt be hard when someone goes to game they have to show season ticket or members card, photo id and and ticket with name on, they dont match the ticket gets confiscated and season ticket holder banned for life.

Unless it our own corrubt section managers etc doing the checking

There'll be fans now who have never been to forest away, it's a big draw whichever way you look at it, far more than Birghton, Soton etc. I seem to remember in the champo days the allocation was around 2000 and it used to go to general sale??

1 hour ago, Footballwipe said:

The Supporters Club have no say, power, hold no real representation of LCFC fans or respect from the club hierarchy. Nor would they challenge and potentially lose the few tiny privileges they have left.

Ginnetta is a dinosaur. The Gordon Taylor of Supporters Club chairs. You'll never hear a bad word from him.

Just seen Ginnetta's wife (I take it it's her) pop up twitter replying to that tweet about ticket office getting staff. I had to reply to her comment "You're moaning because you haven't got a ticket" or something along those lines.

30 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

Just seen Ginnetta's wife (I take it it's her) pop up twitter replying to that tweet about ticket office getting staff. I had to reply to her comment "You're moaning because you haven't got a ticket" or something along those lines.

Believe it's his daughter, she used to work for the ticket office a few years back. Unsurprisingly a staunch defender of her friends

^ In fact is his wife. Photo threw me.

Edited by Jackubu
  • Like 3

1 hour ago, grobyfox1990 said:

There'll be fans now who have never been to forest away, it's a big draw whichever way you look at it, far more than Birghton, Soton etc. I seem to remember in the champo days the allocation was around 2000 and it used to go to general sale??

I dint care how big this draw is we have moronic fans who spoil if for everyone else. but because the draw is huge its allowed to happen what crap

Edited by Lesterlad

2 minutes ago, Lesterlad said:

I dint care how big this draw is we have moronic fans who spoil if for everyone else. but because the draw is huge its allowed to happen what crap

Personally I dont think  he could organise his own shit in the mornings

Edited by Lesterlad

2 minutes ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

People are still allowed to be annoyed at it, particularly if they just miss out because of it. I understand their frustration. There are plenty of things that could be improved on the ticketing front that would make things fairer and more reasonable (and please more people, I know it is impossible to please everyone).

For starts, only a certain percentage of an allocation should be made available to corporates/staff/players. For example. for every away game 10% is reserved for staff/players and another 10% is reserved for corporates. The remaining 80% goes to STH's/members.

If corporates demand exceeds availability, tough. It's unlikely to be an issue unless it is a big game. Give them 2 tickets for this match (first come, first serve) with the ability to demand more if not all of the 10% ringfenced allocation is taken up. It is very simple and keeps it fair so that everyone gets a fair chance. It avoids situations like these were (if figures are true) nearly 40% of tickets don't make it to STH's/members.

And there are plenty of other potential improvements re priority bands/points and so on...

I am in agreement that it isn't fair, but this situation of what is fair and what isn't is what happens in the real world of tickets, whatever sporting situation - whether its F1 at Silverstone or an NBA game in the states - demand will sometimes exceed supply and you will have people prepared to pay over the odds, or who have developed contacts over the years to obtain such tickets. 

My point is there isn't much anyone can do about it - its been happening forever and continue to. The club are in charge of ticketing and frankly they can do as they wish 

18 minutes ago, Osavo said:

What a load of tosh. So because the club are in charge we should just lie back and accept whatever decisions they make, even if they are completely unfair on loyal, match attending fans?

I'm in charge of what I do as well. If I came and threw a brick through your window, would your reaction be "ah well, fair enough, he's entitled to do as he wishes", or would you in fact demand an explanation for my actions? 

Thats pretty different, they aren't doing anything criminal like property damage and are abiding by the ticketing by laws of the club, t&c's 'we have the right to refuse permission' blah blah blah which we presumably all sign up to when we buy tickets from lcfc. So in that sense, they can do what they want because they're in charge and we've agreed to that.

However that does not give them the right to act without explainng themselves, which they bloody well should do here!!!

Absolutely disgraceful that this kind of stuff occurs for the big games. Don't recall 1000 disappearing from the allocation for a midweek trip to Southampton. I don't begrudge a percentage going to staff/family/friends but potentially 33% is quite frankly criminal. Sadly I don't really see what power we fans have to change it though, which is the depressing part. To get to 415 points for if they reach tomorrow you would have had to spent a fair few thousand quid following the club, but you have almost no chance of getting a ticket because someone who cuts the grass on the training ground or prints the numbers on the back of the shirts is allowed 2 tickets.

58 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

People flapping at box holders getting tickets or tickets dissapeaing to friends and family.....I am afraid this is the way the world works, right or wrong. Wake up!

Box holders plough more money into lcfc than any average fan, and money talks...they are bound to get tickets, and so what really. Its a shame Bob from Broughton who has been to 10 away games every season since 2005 can't get a ticket but its like crying over spilt milk, its spilt. 

Every fan who manages to go depending on your varation of loyalty, enjoy the game and hopefully we're into the next round comfortably.

Bob from Broughton would have 490 points and should have bought his ticket yesterday. If it sells out and he doesn't get a ticket he's an idiot and I have no sympathy for him.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, KrefelderFox666 said:

You can sell them but it has to be someone who doesn't have a ST or a membership. Preferably someone who doesn't even support Leicester.

And who is under 30, rock hard, will sing for the full 90 and won’t even think about sitting down for the entire day.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Tommy G said:

People flapping at box holders getting tickets or tickets dissapeaing to friends and family.....I am afraid this is the way the world works, right or wrong. Wake up!

Box holders plough more money into lcfc than any average fan, and money talks...they are bound to get tickets, and so what really. Its a shame Bob from Broughton who has been to 10 away games every season since 2005 can't get a ticket but its like crying over spilt milk, its spilt. 

Every fan who manages to go depending on your varation of loyalty, enjoy the game and hopefully we're into the next round comfortably.

They should make it clear how much of an allocation is going where. Tell us how many are going to box holders and then people can see the actual allocation after all of that.

• Like 2

44 minutes ago, Osavo said:

What a load of tosh. So because the club are in charge we should just lie back and accept whatever decisions they make, even if they are completely unfair on loyal, match attending fans?

I'm in charge of what I do as well. If I came and threw a brick through your window, would your reaction be "ah well, fair enough, he's entitled to do as he wishes", or would you in fact demand an explanation for my actions? 

I am afraid you do have to “lie back” and accept their decisions as they are well within their rights to do as they please when it comes to selling tickets, or anything else commercially or within the framework of the law. Is it fair that a loyal punter of Tesco’s misses out on reduced food item ahead of someone who just walked into the shop for the first time and picked said yellow ticket item off the shelf, no. 

You are comparing tickets for an away match with throwing a brick through my window. I think if you don’t understand the difference between the two then there is no hope. Jeez 

4 minutes ago, Fox92 said:

They should make it clear how much of an allocation is going where. Tell us how many are going to box holders and then people can see the actual allocation after all of that.

Do they need to? Because all that does is open up more questions than answers on a clearly emotive subject. 

No shaking of fists will suddenly change the view of how the club have divvied up tickets. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 11 years, my dad since Filbert St. you could argue a point that that is more “loyal” than someone who has been going to 10 away games per season since we won the league. 

Either way if I don’t get a ticket on Monday so be it! 

2 minutes ago, Tommy G said:

Do they need to? Because all that does is open up more questions than answers on a clearly emotive subject. 

No shaking of fists will suddenly change the view of how the club have divvied up tickets. I’ve been a season ticket holder for 11 years, my dad since Filbert St. you could argue a point that that is more “loyal” than someone who has been going to 10 away games per season since we won the league. 

Either way if I don’t get a ticket on Monday so be it! 

In my opinion, a "business" should be transparent. If we have 4000 then tell us what goes where. Then everybody knows what the true allocation is.

I think people are emotional about it because we know it happens for these big games but it's all secret, so to speak.

• Like 1