Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Mark

Match Ratings: Leicester City 2-3 Tottenham - Vote Now

Leicester City 2-3 Tottenham

You do not have permission to vote. Please login to vote.
  1. 5.6

Total Average Rating

123 votes
  2. Highest Rated Player

James Maddison 7.0
  3. Lowest Rated Player

Jannik Vestergaard 2.8
  4. Manager Confidence 86% -12%

Season: 2021/22
Voting Starts: 19/01/22
Voting Ends: 22/01/22

1. Kasper Schmeichel
  2. Hamza Choudhury
  3. Çağlar Söyüncü
  4. Jannik Vestergaard
  5. Marc Albrighton
  6. James Maddison
  7. Youri Tielemans
  8. Kiernan Dewsbury-Hall
  9. Luke Thomas
  10. Patson Daka
  11. Ademola Lookman
  12. James Justin (sub)
  13. Harvey Barnes (sub)
  14. Boubakary Soumaré (sub)

Not sure why Vestergaard is getting more flak than Soyuncu tbh. He wasn't great but Soyuncu was dreadful tonight imo, constantly dragged out of position into midfield leaving huge gaps behind him. His style of defending is kamikaze and it makes his partners (who have to cover it) look worse.

• Like 1

When you have Tielemans, who gave away the ball at least 3 times whilst under no pressure making a match wining pass to the opposition with seconds to go then he's gets a lot of blame for the loss maybe not for the draw.

9 hours ago, Lesterlad said:

Vestergaard played ok soyunchu and Tielemans lost us that game

Vestergaard literally can not and should not be playing football. No one person or even 2 people lost us that game if you are pinning that loss on Tielemens then also look at Schmeical were was he, his starting position of being glued to his goal line cost us nuerous goals a season from through balls like yesterday, corners/ free kicks that he should be clearing up etc etc.

Yes Youri had a stinker but everyone has a bad day

Vestergaard saves Tielemans from bottom spot ... just!

Tielemans was extremely poor with the exception of two very decent passes. At best, his performance was extremely lethargic throughout. KDH for me was our best midfielder and gave his all so I was particularly annoyed when Tielemans had a bit of a go at him on a couple of occasions because he was hardly leading by example. He also bottled out of several challenges and for me, wasn't worth his place on the pitch.

Tielemans in some games can come up with the odd defence splitting pass or brilliant goal but many on here appear to get star struck by this and readily forgive so many mediocre overall performances. He's nowhere near good enough for a starting position in a team like Manchester City and would have to really up his energy, workrate and overall contribution for any supposed big club. I think he's coasting here now and has been for a while. When Ndidi returns, I think he, Maddison and KDH are the first midfield names on the sheet and Tielemans could do with a spell on the bench. 

I don't think the 3 at the back helped us either last and rarely does. When you arguably haven't got one in form centre half, why accentuate the problem by playing three? Whilst I can somehow forgive Vestergaard's lack of pace because of his size, what absolutely bemuses me is how weak and non aggressive he is for his size and build, he needs a rocket up his arse because he has the attributes of a passive pack mule.

Edited by volpeazzurro
  • Like 1

36 minutes ago, volpeazzurro said:

Vestergaard saves Tielemans from bottom spot ... just!

Tielemans was extremely poor with the exception of two very decent passes. At best, his performance was extremely lethargic throughout. KDH for me was our best midfielder and gave his all so I was particularly annoyed when Tielemans had a bit of a go at him on a couple of occasions because he was hardly leading by example. He also bottled out of several challenges and for me, wasn't worth his place on the pitch.

Tielemans in some games can come up with the odd defence splitting pass or brilliant goal but many on here appear to get star struck by this and readily forgive so many mediocre overall performances. He's nowhere near good enough for a starting position in a team like Manchester City and would have to really up his energy, workrate and overall contribution for any supposed big club. I think he's coasting here now and has been for a while. When Ndidi returns, I think he, Maddison and KDH are the first midfield names on the sheet and Tielemans could do with a spell on the bench. 

I don't think the 3 at the back helped us either last and rarely does. When you arguably haven't got one in form centre half, why accentuate the problem by playing three? Whilst I can somehow forgive Vestergaard's lack of pace because of his size, what absolutely bemuses me is how weak and non aggressive he is for his size and build, he needs a rocket up his arse because he has the attributes of a passive pack mule.

Vestergaard was even more exposed on the left of a back 3 as our left wing back is also going to be pushed high up the pitch in that system. If we are going to play a back 3 I thought Rodgers should've played him in the middle with our quicker CBs either side, so they could better cover that space between the left CB and our wing back. His lack of strength in 1 v 1 duels and in the air is very frustrating - i've been watching some of his old highlights from Southampton & Germany and he was much stronger/commanding in air back then. Needs to get some red meat in him as looks like he's not being properly fed. 

• Like 1