Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

Only the Express seems to be reporting this Putin news - and in the same article they're attributing it to "cardiac arrest" and a "heart attack", which are 2 different conditions (the latter may or may not cause the former).

Would be astonishing if the Express had scooped the world, while not knowing what it was talking about medically. Sounds like bollocks....whether that's good or bad news, I don't know, not knowing who might replace Putin. 

No way that’s happened naturally. Fit and healthy man. He’s been poisoned, if that’s true.

I will say this though everyone… if Putin goes, there are  people equally as mad/ worse who might fancy the gig. Believe it or not, in the context of Russian politics, he’s not a hardliner. compared to others who might fancy a go..

Just now, MPH said:

No way that’s happened naturally. Fit and healthy man. He’s been poisoned, if that’s true.

I will say this though everyone… if Putin goes, there are  people equally as mad/ worse who might fancy the gig. Believe it or not, in the context of Russian politics, he’s not a hardliner. compared to others who might fancy a go..

Fair point. But equally how can someone like him backdown now. He can’t ..  but one way round the problem is to get rid of him and put a new man in who says it was a huge mistake and push for a negotiated peace.  If they can keep the gains they have made they could broadcast it to the people as a ‘victory’. Ok the Ukrainians would not settle for that but its western backers might see things differently ..  

7 minutes ago, Countryfox said:

Fair point. But equally how can someone like him backdown now. He can’t ..  but one way round the problem is to get rid of him and put a new man in who says it was a huge mistake and push for a negotiated peace.  If they can keep the gains they have made they could broadcast it to the people as a ‘victory’. Ok the Ukrainians would not settle for that but its western backers might see things differently ..  

yes a new progressive person who isn’t warmongering and sees the  USSR as a thing of the past would be the preferred option. I would also say that I think and hope if he was to go that there would be free and fair elections… that this would be the time for the people to take to the street and voice their call for democracy.

it would also be a good opportunity for a reset in the area and the best chance of Russia pulling out of Ukraine, sanctions lifted and a better life  for all.

in fact it would be to good to be true if something had happened to him so I dare not hope until there’s more concrete evidence..

15 minutes ago, MPH said:

Fit and healthy? There have been rumours for years that he has a serious medical condition and is only being kept alive by a heavy cocktail of drugs.

3 minutes ago, ClaphamFox said:

Fit and healthy? There have been rumours for years that he has a serious medical condition and is only being kept alive by a heavy cocktail of drugs.

Parkinson's. Technically, that's a neurological condition and you can still be healthy with Parkinson's. First indication of heart problems, though..

11 minutes ago, Dunge said:

Someone has to replace him eventually, whether it be tomorrow or 20 years from now.

I figure the lack of an obvious successor likely means there would be a big power scramble from numerous parties.

which will hopefully  at least rattle on long enough to make their position in Ukraine untenable due to lack of funding/ will to fight on…

9 minutes ago, SkidsFox said:

Also quite possible that Vlad himself has put out the rumour of the heart attack, to test the loyalty of his hierarchy. 

I don’t think he’d fake a heart attack. I think he’ll  be advised that this is unwise  as it would sow seeds of doubt in his ability to do the job and he wants absolutely everyone in line and behind him

thats not to say this is definitely true as someone else could spread false news to destabilize him.. 

Edited by MPH

1 hour ago, MPH said:

.....an English or American freelance writer, quoting sources of a former Russian lieutenant-general on Twitter and the Express. Might or might not be true, but not a reliable story based on those sources.

If the story was credible, other mass media outlets would be running it. Even if it was only semi-credible, they'd probably report it as an unconfirmed story.

Again, she states "doctors diagnosed cardiac arrest - a heart attack" (though the description suggests cardiac arrest). But a journalist who doesn't know the difference suggests someone unreliable.

A cardiac arrest is when the heart stops and is fatal within about 10 minutes unless it is restarted. A heart attack (blocked artery killing some heart muscle) can also be serious/fatal, but can be quite minor. My uncle had a heart attack and didn't even notice it until a doctor told him weeks later. This is quite common. My uncle lived another 10+ years, had no further heart issues and died of lung cancer after a lifetime of smoking his head off. :whistle:

• Like 2

The Mirror is now reporting the Putin cardiac arrest story but ridiculing the reliability of the source: https://www.mirror.co.uk/news/world-news/putin-resuscitated-after-having-cardiac-31259024

On the other hand, at the end of the Mirror article, it says that Putin's motorcade made an unexplained dash to the Kremlin late yesterday evening.... will become interesting if reputable sources start repeating or adding to this.

1 hour ago, Alf Bentley said:

.....an English or American freelance writer, quoting sources of a former Russian lieutenant-general on Twitter and the Express. Might or might not be true, but not a reliable story based on those sources.

If the story was credible, other mass media outlets would be running it. Even if it was only semi-credible, they'd probably report it as an unconfirmed story.

Again, she states "doctors diagnosed cardiac arrest - a heart attack" (though the description suggests cardiac arrest). But a journalist who doesn't know the difference suggests someone unreliable.

A cardiac arrest is when the heart stops and is fatal within about 10 minutes unless it is restarted. A heart attack (blocked artery killing some heart muscle) can also be serious/fatal, but can be quite minor. My uncle had a heart attack and didn't even notice it until a doctor told him weeks later. This is quite common. My uncle lived another 10+ years, had no further heart issues and died of lung cancer after a lifetime of smoking his head off. :whistle:

I understand the difference  between a cardiac arrest and   A heart attack- I work in the medical field and in fairness  she does say at the end of the article that he was resuscitated.

IF this article is true, he probably had a heart attack that stopped his heart but he was resuscitated. The kremlin has its own medical facility so they would have had everything needed right there.

But again, IF this article is true.

But I will add, more sources do seem to be picking up on this.

however , it would totally be the sort of demoralizing event that Ukraine would plant to gain the upper hand on the battlefront.

I guess it’s a wait and see. I just wouldn’t put any money on The kremlin to come forward and volunteer  some  potentially catastrophic news for them..

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, st albans fox said:

It would, probably be one of his body doubles anyway 

maybe no one knows who the real vlad is now 

im Spartacus !

If it  happened in his private chambers as alleged  then most likely him.

However it’s totally Russia  for him to be in a coma and body doubles to be used.  There’s such sophisticated technology around that they’d  only be able to get away with that for so long, mind. 

Edited by MPH

C’mon guys, it’s not true. Putin gets killed off by the press every couple of weeks, in fact it’s been far too long since I last saw a death rumour. And if you want anything concrete to prove it’s fake news, Lavrov just gave a press conference regarding the Armenia/Azerbaijan conflict. If Putin was really dead, I think he’d have bigger fish to fry. 

• Like 2