Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

Anyway...

This is hardly surprising given how few sanctions we have imposed and given how strict our Ukranian refugee policy is (and how we've stopped Ukranian citizens applying for visas) compared to the rest of the western world

• Like 1

Remember Putin saying back on 24th February that he feared Russia was about to be invaded by Ukraine and that, supposedly, was enough for him to order his military to advance. That decision was based on utter hogwash.

A country with a much reduced land mass compared to that of Russia, a population of 40M compared to over 140M plus all the military might Putin has it is fanciful in the extreme.

3 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Visa and MasterCard have also pulled out of Russia.

To their credit. 

Will make no difference in Russia as all Russian credit card transactions are handled within russia

it will affect Russians trying to spend outside Russia with Russian bank cards and those from outside Russia trying to spend money within the country on their cards. 

• Like 1

There seems to be 

Just now, urban.spaceman said:

Visa and MasterCard have also pulled out of Russia.

To their credit. 

And Russia are turning to China to use their credit system. Seems an awful lot of coincidental events going off over the last few years. Us leaving the EU, mysterious virus,  Trump removed from office, Russian invasion, China bailing out the russian economy, whatever next.

1 minute ago, Mike Oxlong said:

He asked the mods to give you a life ban 

Not sure why though ! 

Just now, Benguin said:

Ah I see. Me neither. 

As if. Stop shit stirring Oxlong :rolleyes:

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Sampson said:

Apparently I am the author of this thread. I don't remember making it. :D

'Ukraine' is not even a thread. What is 'Ukraine'? It is a muddle instead of a thread. It does not exist' 

It seems that the whole Ukraine catastrophe is worth nothing as opposed to civilised attacks on the moderators. Oh well, that's life, I suppose. I can always find better things to do. I'm setting up a crowdfunding website in order to buy a second-hand Mig 29 which I can donate to the Ukrainian Air Force :(

• Like 1

1 hour ago, yorkie1999 said:

There seems to be 

And Russia are turning to China to use their credit system. Seems an awful lot of coincidental events going off over the last few years. Us leaving the EU, mysterious virus,  Trump removed from office, Russian invasion, China bailing out the russian economy, whatever next.

i don’t  understand the link you are making between all of the above?

10 minutes ago, Line-X said:

'Ukraine' is not even a thread. What is 'Ukraine'? It is a muddle instead of a thread. It does not exist' 

Maybe we should rename it to "The Ky-thread-an Rus" to symbolosie the "shared history" of this thread with its closely aligned predecessors.

• Haha 1