Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sampson

Ukraine

19 minutes ago, Innovindil said:

Sounds like one of those wild bullshit whataboutisms to come out of this war but it's actually true. Someone ****ed up somewhere and a literal nazi got a standing o in parliament :blink:

https://www.ctvnews.ca/canada/jewish-group-demands-apology-after-mps-honoured-man-who-fought-for-nazis-1.6575593

:huh::appl:

Way to give the Putin apologist wingnuts who go on about "Nazis" ammunition, guys.

• Like 3

Apparently Russia has announced that their top commander of the Black Sea fleet is NOT dead after all and has shown him on a grainy video link to prove it ! ..  on this occasion I tend to believe them as I’ve come across a very recent picture of him too showing him on the phone to the captain of one of his battleships ..  

IMG_0370.jpeg

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, Countryfox said:

Apparently Russia has announced that their top commander of the Black Sea fleet is NOT dead after all and has shown him on a grainy video link to prove it ! ..  on this occasion I tend to believe them as I’ve come across a very recent picture of him too showing him on the phone to the captain of one of his battleships ..  

IMG_0370.jpeg

Russia wouldn’t lie…

• Haha 3

Russian official line on Ukraine is they want to get rid of the N**i regime of Ukraine and free the people. To do that they have created a letter to associate the war, spread fake propaganda, target innocent people and central cities, change the Russian curriculum to suit the narrative, promote the war and it's 'justification' to kids, force the occupied regions to vote to be part of Russia. Now who looks like the dodgy ones. The biggest ringing endorsement is that, as a country, you have the main backing of North Korea!! There are also Russian officials actually openly talking about starting the end of the world if they 'dont get their way' as such. Most might be sabre rattling, but to even have that in your thoughts if bonkers. 

My mind blows that, even with history teaching us, it's happening again. Ukrainian people, Russian soldiers, people just ordinary people are dying for this. It's so frustrating. 

My rant due to not being able to sleep, but I'm lucky. I live in a country where I can say these things, be in bed awake and be safe. 

Edited by fox_favourite
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, MPH said:

so Putin’s claim is that Prighozin and friends blew their own plane up  by juggling hand grenades whilst drunk / high on drugs.

I mean, can any Russian claim they actually believe that? lol

They won’t believe it, Putin knows they won’t believe it but what are they gonna do about it? It’s these exact methods which help him to maintain power and stability. For all the talk of a coup, he’s once again emerged in a position which is generally unscathed long term. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

I can name at least three members of this forum that will. 

Agree entirely.

As should the human rights abuses in Russia itself; the 20,000 arrests following anti-war protests or the recent imprisonment of Vladimir Kara-Murza who having survived two poisoning attempts for speaking out against the war, was placed in an isolation cell before being sent to a penal colony in Siberia. 

I'm now waiting for some clown to show up again, brand us all as sheep and post an X or Tik Tok meme as 'evidence' saying that the missile was fired from behind Ukraine lines. 

TBF I can see Russian mercs being so idiotically machismo that they might do something as stupid as that, but I'm also pretty damn sure that didn't happen in this case.

27 minutes ago, fox_favourite said:

Nah they’re deratifying a non testing treaty which they’ve signed. Both the US and China never ratified it in the first place, so it puts them on the same footing. I think a lot of it is negotiation tactic to get some kind of new nuclear agreement beyond just a US-Russia one. 

• Like 1

https://www.politico.com/news/2023/10/17/ukraine-uses-secretly-shipped-u-s-missiles-to-launch-surprise-strike-00121932

Interesting piece and nice to see they've got things that should have been delivered months ago.  Also nice to see this kind of equipment provided on the sly and rather the fanfare with other equipment giving Russia the opportunity to counter or prepare.

• Like 1