Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Houssem Aouar

18 hours ago, Bordersfox said:

No money for Perez but pushing for Aouar 😏

Running theme at the moment. Inter could only loan Soy despite receiving huge money for  outgoings. Torino throwing money at everyone but cant afford Praet. These clubs know that we need them out and they know eventually we will give in. We are going to be mugged off across the board because english teams wont touch our guys. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Lambert09 said:

Running theme at the moment. Inter could only loan Soy despite receiving huge money for  outgoings. Torino throwing money at everyone but cant afford Praet. These clubs know that we need them out and they know eventually we will give in. We are going to be mugged off across the board because english teams wont touch our guys. 

Sadly I think that's spot on, I hope by the time players start to depart we can get one or two in that will actually impact the first 11.  The only positive we can take as a club is to try and ensure we don't let ourselves get into this situation again.  The best lessons are generally learnt in adversity.  

16 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Sadly I think that's spot on, I hope by the time players start to depart we can get one or two in that will actually impact the first 11.  The only positive we can take as a club is to try and ensure we don't let ourselves get into this situation again.  The best lessons are generally learnt in adversity.  

Unfortunately it doesnt take much for a transfer to go wrong and we have set the bar now with high wages. 

We didnt learn from Musa and slimani. We didnt learn from, Silva. We didnt learn from Ghezzal. 

Of course we cant be 100% with our transfers but weve created this problem for ourselves as a means of keeping the players we do want at the club.  Is paying Hamza too much worth it because on the flip side it puts us in a strong position with Barnes. Of course this method means someone like Alves is more likely to stay... or impacted Fofana signing a new deal. Whether the balance is wrong or not is hard to work out. Maybe the reward is worth the risk and the annoyance of struggling to offload?

Problem is, we are now seeing what it looks like when we havent got a big sale to compensate. 

It never felt like we spent the maguire money, or the chilwell money because they compensate for the way the club operates. Rightly or wrongly.  

Bottom line, we cant bring in a senior squad option and offer him 40k if we are paying the youth teamers more than that. 

Edited by Lambert09
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Unfortunately it doesnt take much for a transfer to go wrong and we have set the bar now with high wages. 

We didnt learn from Musa and slimani. We didnt learn from, Silva. We didnt learn from Ghezzal. 

Of course we cant be 100% with our transfers but weve created this problem for ourselves as a means of keeping the players we do want at the club.  Is paying Hamza too much worth it because on the flip side it puts in a strong position with Barnes. Of course this method means someone like Alves is more likely to stay... or impacted Fofana signing a new deal. Whether the balance is wrong or not is hard to work out. Maybe the reward is worth the risk and the annoyance of struggling to offload?

Problem is, we are now seeing what it looks like when we havent got a big sale to compensate. 

It never felt like we spent the maguire money, or the chilwell money because they compensate for the way the club operates. Rightly or wrongly.  

Yes and I certainly don't pretend to know what the solution is!

There's obviously always a risk in any transfer, it just seems we're getting more wrong than right recently.  Or perhaps as a club the mistakes feel bigger because we aren't awash with money.  Plenty of other clubs are wasting absolutely incredible amounts of money at times and you do wonder where the due diligence is.

I'm almost less concerned about Hamza's wages because I'd rather take a punt with players coming through the academy or younger talent.  If we need to pay at that level to keep them and we get the odd Hamza along with the likes of Barnes, KDH etc seems a risk/benefit we can live with.  The thing I found odd with Hamza was why didn't we get him out on loan last season, even covering a large chunk of his wages? He never figured in Rodgers plans. I don't think he's half as bad as gets made out, if he had a decent season we've seen with other clubs that might lead to getting something for him in the transfer window.  

However, the contract situation generally is a bit of a mess with too many players nearing the end of contracts which is definitely allowing other clubs to have our trousers down a treat.  That's my biggest grumble.  If players aren't extending and the contract is in the last two years then we should probably sell if at all possible.  Easier said than done.  

1 minute ago, Bordersfox said:

Yes and I certainly don't pretend to know what the solution is!

There's obviously always a risk in any transfer, it just seems we're getting more wrong than right recently.  Or perhaps as a club the mistakes feel bigger because we aren't awash with money.  Plenty of other clubs are wasting absolutely incredible amounts of money at times and you do wonder where the due diligence is.

I'm almost less concerned about Hamza's wages because I'd rather take a punt with players coming through the academy or younger talent.  If we need to pay at that level to keep them and we get the odd Hamza along with the likes of Barnes, KDH etc seems a risk/benefit we can live with.  The thing I found odd with Hamza was why didn't we get him out on loan last season, even covering a large chunk of his wages? He never figured in Rodgers plans. I don't think he's half as bad as gets made out, if he had a decent season we've seen with other clubs that might lead to getting something for him in the transfer window.  

However, the contract situation generally is a bit of a mess with too many players nearing the end of contracts which is definitely allowing other clubs to have our trousers down a treat.  That's my biggest grumble.  If players aren't extending and the contract is in the last two years then we should probably sell if at all possible.  Easier said than done.  

Couldnt agree more on Hamza. I  think he will eventually calve out a very good career for himself somewhere. We just never seemed to have the suitable role for him. If youd had him in a midfield like Burnleys, he'd probably have seemed quality. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

Remember that Celtic transfer window, where they sold Demble and didn't sign anyone. They were in a weaker position and the longer this goes on, the more it's looking like this won't happen.

Praet goes out on deadline day and we sign Lookman. Rogers says he's happy with the squad and he's moved youth players to the first team.

We're one of 2 clubs in the top 5 leagues not to sign anybody and we've not had any concrete links to anybody.

It's really really worrying.

1 hour ago, Genesis1 said:

Remember that Celtic transfer window, where they sold Demble and didn't sign anyone. They were in a weaker position and the longer this goes on, the more it's looking like this won't happen.

Praet goes out on deadline day and we sign Lookman. Rogers says he's happy with the squad and he's moved youth players to the first team.

We're one of 2 clubs in the top 5 leagues not to sign anybody and we've not had any concrete links to anybody.

It's really really worrying.

I'm genuinely not that worried yet over the lack of signings.  Our injury ravaged team did okay last term so even in the absolute worst case I think we'd be okay next year.  An elite coach (hate that term but pundits seem to love to apply it to Rodgers) should have more than enough with what we've got already to navigate the premier league.  Yes other teams will have strengthened but spending cash does not automatically mean success.  

I also do, perhaps over optimistically, think it'll be a more busy end to the window for us as some fringe players finally bugger off and we will manage to get some of our targets over the line.  We made a right feck up of last summers transfer window so I am hopeful the club are just being cautious.  

Rudkin and Top must know we're taking a hit on our fringe players, a serious one.  I guess it's down to whether King Power are prepared to cover that and provide more money for players in regardless. 

If we do lose Youri which seems pretty likely then we absolutely have to be in a position to get in a replacement.  

I'm more concerned about how we've ended up with so many players to move in one window, that to me is something that perhaps could have been avoided with more foresight.  And as @Lambert09 said that has put us in prime position to be fleeced by foreign clubs who know we are desperate.  

• 3 weeks later...
2 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Linked again here - supposedly a target if Maddison goes:

https://www.footmercato.net/a4702392853485546787-leicester-fait-dhoussem-aouar-sa-priorite

Don't know much about Aouar but aren't they different types of player? 

They're quite similar. Maddison has transformed in to a much stronger and dynamic player though these past 12 months IMO. Aouar can probably play the Tielemans role a bit more naturally than Maddison but Maddison is far better scoring goals than Aouar.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

They're quite similar. Maddison has transformed in to a much stronger and dynamic player though these past 12 months IMO. Aouar can probably play the Tielemans role a bit more naturally than Maddison but Maddison is far better scoring goals than Aouar.

Cheers, thanks for clarifying! I'd read before that he was supposedly our Tielemans replacement

• Like 1