Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Houssem Aouar

10 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Rebuilding the squad when contracts are running down and players leaving is important. I guess the wages issue is still one reason but I wonder if there’s another.

The one thing for me is as long as we survive this season we can have a proper refresh next summer with so many out of contract. Get glover in and tell him we need players in the following positions, off you go. No excuses next summer not to be ready with our signings! 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

Rebuilding the squad when contracts are running down and players leaving is important. I guess the wages issue is still one reason but I wonder if there’s another.

Oh for sure, and I too do wonder what is going on - it seems unlikely we cannot shift more of our crap deadwood, must assume we are either asking/waiting for higher prices, or something else is at play. :dunno:

19 minutes ago, Foxxed said:

The other is Rodgers IMO. 

He's obviously has his influence cut within the club. It's no longer the BR show. I see this as a good thing. 

From medical doctors to recruiting his influence is too much and we've eroded alot of things that made us great. Largely recruitment to be fair. 

I think Forest will struggle to get all of these new signings to gel. The mass recruitment drive is a gamble, hasn't worked for Fulham and QPR in the recent past.

The other issue for Forest is that if these guys don't gel then that's a bloody big wage bill you're having to manage in the Championship 

45 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

Forest spending big. Not only have they spent all of this years money but also took a loan out against next years prem payments/parachute and gambling it all. 

As well as the wages they would have to have laid out to entice these players to come as not 1 would have gone for the “exciting project” prospect 

Regardless of what forest are doing it’s just annoying that it seems to be another getable target that has moved onwhy we just around wait around for youri to do what ever he wants and the big 6 just wait patiently for us to sell him on the cheap with no time to replace. There will be panic buys and and we can all see it but nothing at all can be done to prevent it. It’s a very sad state of affairs. The mismanagement from the board and Rodgers is literally undoing  the years of good work. 

28 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Are Forest not affected by FFP?

They've started off with a much lower wage base coming from the Championship so can presumably splash the cash a bit now and still comply with FFP.  Not like they're getting anywhere near Europe any time soon anyway :whistle:

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Tielemans63 said:

I think Forest will struggle to get all of these new signings to gel. The mass recruitment drive is a gamble, hasn't worked for Fulham and QPR in the recent past.

The other issue for Forest is that if these guys don't gel then that's a bloody big wage bill you're having to manage in the Championship 

They have no choice in fairness, they lost half of their first team and half of their squad players before the start of the season, they needed to sign a minimum of 11 players before they go to make any upgrades to what they had left from the Championship. None of the players they had on loan joined permanently. 

Their problem was over reliance on the loan market, solved a short term problem but has caused massive instability when they unexpectedly got promoted… when Cooper took charge early last season they looked like potentially getting relegated. 

Edited by FoxesWalk

Forest getting him is good news. All the Lyon fans says he ain’t that good and it’s getting worse and that’s normally a good indicator.

dodged a bullet.

Forest throwing a lot of shit so some will stick but don’t think he will.

Edited by Cincinnati Fox

1 hour ago, Danny280995 said:

Brendan confirmed yesterday after the match, We're not signing anyone else, unless something major happens. So that's its we're done 

We’ll according to Brendan’s comments after the match we wouldn’t go for an overseas signing anyway as our team “lacks Premiership experience”!! 👀

1 hour ago, MalletFox said:

We’ll according to Brendan’s comments after the match we wouldn’t go for an overseas signing anyway as our team “lacks Premiership experience”!! 👀

The last two he signed with Premiership experience didn't work out to good. Vesty and Bertrand.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1