Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Ryy

Houssem Aouar

i think we would have a lot to get excited about if he came in. 

it was only last summer arsenal were throwing everything they could at this. 

Things can go stale in football, doesn’t mean he’s not quality still.  It’s no different to all the people thinking youri isn’t good because of last season… they are just blips. 

him and benjy B would be top bargains that would drastically improve the quality of the squad (in a post youri world) 

Edited by Lambert09

3 hours ago, coolhandfox said:

More going of what I've read online from Lyon fans seems to not have the best of attitudes and they don't seem that bothered.

I wouldn’t rely too much on fan forums. Look at how divided people’s opinions are on here. Pick the wrong thread on, or set of comments on here and you’ll get very different views of players  

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HoustonFox said:

I wouldn’t rely too much on fan forums. Look at how divided people’s opinions are on here. Pick the wrong thread on, or set of comments on here and you’ll get very different views of players  

Southampton fans weren't wrong :cool:

26 minutes ago, Fox 4 Life said:

Didn't the Monaco fans and coach hate Youri.....

....yes...!!!

Pretty much replicating his performance from last year for them. They couldn't wait to show him the door, they felt a British team would be the only way that they could get him out the door, we duly obliged at a price no one was expecting for him.

18 hours ago, Old Fox said:

I have news for you they are premier league  - I hate reading this as though we are something special and forest beneath us - let’s not become like lots of fans from some clubs as though we are billy big balls - I hate Forest more than any other club buy don’t think we are on a different planet - time will tell but I think they will surprise a few !!

We are on a different planet both player quality and club infrastructure. Yes they are in the PL, but they scraped through the playoffs and imo have a mediocre squad at this level at best and I belive they'll be relagated. 

Edited by UHDrive
Typo
  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

4 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

....yes...!!!

Pretty much replicating his performance from last year for them. They couldn't wait to show him the door, they felt a British team would be the only way that they could get him out the door, we duly obliged at a price no one was expecting for him.

They said the same about Ghezzal aswell tbf so hard to judge..

2 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

They said the same about Ghezzal aswell tbf so hard to judge..

....Ghezzal was stated to be very slow and according to fans did not come with any great endorsement!!!

I felt he underperformed in the games for us, too intimidated it seems in games, had bags of skill, just never believed in himself out on the pitch. A totally different demeanour at his new club, but we were warned.

4 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

Not a bad replacement that....if true that is

I suspect we’d need to sell Youri plus one other MF player (Soumare, Mendy, Choudhury) in order to do this, given the noises coming out of the club. But not a bad name to be linked with 

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2022/nottingham-forest-and-leicester-city-pushing-to-sign-houssem-aouar/

NOTTINGHAM FOREST AND LEICESTER CITY PUSHING TO SIGN HOUSSEM AOUAR

As reported by L’Équipe, Nottingham Forest have made their first offer for Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar, who is, for the third summer in a row, expected to leave OL before September.

The newly-promoted Premier League club have been in contact with the player’s entourage for several days, say the sports daily, and their offer is the most concrete of the interest received by the player this summer. Forest have made a first official offer to Lyon and, although the amount has not filtered through, it has been rejected by OL with it being too far below the asking price.

Aouar, now 24-years-old and with one season left on his deal in France, is not against the idea of moving to Forest this summer with more talks planned for the coming days. Lyon have received several offers from several clubs this summer but no agreement has been reached with any of them.

Foot Mercato, meanwhile, add that Leicester City are also actively pursuing the midfielder with Lyon prepared to accept a fee of €15m to allow Aouar to leave the club, OL’s valuation is a 75% decrease on their 2020 demands.

After interest from Real Betis, who offered William Carvalho in exchange, for much of the off-season too, Aouar now has a strong preference to move to England.

1 minute ago, moore_94 said:

https://www.getfootballnewsfrance.com/2022/nottingham-forest-and-leicester-city-pushing-to-sign-houssem-aouar/

NOTTINGHAM FOREST AND LEICESTER CITY PUSHING TO SIGN HOUSSEM AOUAR

As reported by L’Équipe, Nottingham Forest have made their first offer for Lyon midfielder Houssem Aouar, who is, for the third summer in a row, expected to leave OL before September.

The newly-promoted Premier League club have been in contact with the player’s entourage for several days, say the sports daily, and their offer is the most concrete of the interest received by the player this summer. Forest have made a first official offer to Lyon and, although the amount has not filtered through, it has been rejected by OL with it being too far below the asking price.

Aouar, now 24-years-old and with one season left on his deal in France, is not against the idea of moving to Forest this summer with more talks planned for the coming days. Lyon have received several offers from several clubs this summer but no agreement has been reached with any of them.

Foot Mercato, meanwhile, add that Leicester City are also actively pursuing the midfielder with Lyon prepared to accept a fee of €15m to allow Aouar to leave the club, OL’s valuation is a 75% decrease on their 2020 demands.

After interest from Real Betis, who offered William Carvalho in exchange, for much of the off-season too, Aouar now has a strong preference to move to England.

Forest will get him, we're to slow to act 

• Like 1