Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jaspa

Roma v Feyenoord - Conference League Final

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Like or loathe his style, you have to accept that what Mourinho does makes then ludicrously hard to beat. Wouldn't be overly harsh on Slot or Rodgers for not beating this side. 

Receiving messages saying we’d have beaten either of these two teams tonight. Naa it’s just Mourinho, a winner 

1 minute ago, Corky said:

The Europa Tinpot now the biggest for a few days in the English press because The Special One wins it.

It's the tinpot trophy again now we got knocked out, just like it was when Spurs were in it and we were in something better.

:whistle:

• Like 2

Just now, Cardiff_Fox said:

Exactly my thoughts.  

Slot a really impressive managerial prospect but that was pretty bad by him tonight. It was like a replay of our two games vs them. 

Jose loves anti football.

Got to score first against them or you are in trouble!

2 minutes ago, Corky said:

The Europa Tinpot now the biggest for a few days in the English press because The Special One wins it.

6 minutes ago, Mike Oxlong said:

Congratulations Roma on your success in the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy (European edition)

First winners of what will go on to be a trophy every bit as coveted as the old cup winners' cup. I'd absolutely love it on my CV

• Like 3

Brilliant collective defensive performance by Roma. Feyenoord huffed and puffed but, like us, they couldn’t break down that solid red and yellow wall.

Well done, Mourinho. Five European finals with four clubs - all victories. You can’t argue with that.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Paninistickers said:

First winners of what will go on to be a trophy every bit as coveted as the old cup winners' cup. I'd absolutely love it on my CV

I view it as more akin to the old Uefa cup 

Third tier competition to generate more revenue for corrupt UEFA and that I pmsl at when Spurs were in it 

Ths only positive is that it gets you in the Europa League if you win it 

2 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

So would I but it is very amusing to see the press and pundits who are sniffy and belittling about anything below Champions League loving this as it proves Jose has still got it or something.

You've got to begrudgingly respect how difficult Roma make games, you simply have to take any chance that comes, it's always a game of ridiculous efficiency vs Mourinho as they'll always bag their only clear cut chances so you have to do it and do it first too.

Feyenoord were hideous that final 15 mins, it was exactly like watching us actually hahahaa. 

Senesi, Kokcu and their keeper still did well though overall. I'd love us to get a couple of them in.

2 minutes ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

At least Feyenoord got into some decent positions and made Roma work a little bit for it. They just perhaps overplayed too much when they got into those positions.

Yeah but they weren't playing them on their own patch tho.  Chasing a game away in front of 70k home fans and an intimidated referee is harder than a neutral venue

I view it as more akin to the old Uefa cup 

Third tier competition to generate more revenue for corrupt UEFA and that I pmsl at when Spurs were in it 

Ths only positive is that it gets you in the Europa League if you win it 

More I would say the cup winners cup 

4 minutes ago, Bert said:

More I would say the cup winners cup 

This is from the cup winners cup Wiki page which is how I remember things 

The Cup Winners' Cup was regarded by UEFA as the second most prestigious European club competition, behind the European Cup and ahead of the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup (later the UEFA Cup). 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

We had a home leg too. We didn't do enough there either.

I'm not denying Roma the win. Deserved winners of the competition. 

Just don't think Feyenoord did better than us. Chances are, had we have squeezed past Roma (maddisons slip in the first leg proving critical in the end) we'd have had too much fir Feyenoord (as we had for PSV) 

This is from the cup winners cup Wiki page which is how I remember things 

The Cup Winners' Cup was regarded by UEFA as the second most prestigious European club competition, behind the European Cup and ahead of the Inter-Cities Fairs Cup (later the UEFA Cup). 

Cup winners' cup was defo number 2  until the  champions league. After that, the usual cup winners often opted for the CL instead (having finished, say, 3rd in the league too) and the CWC was consequently destroyed, often being played out in its latter years by the cup runners-up , often of obscure teams

The old uefa cup didn't even have a proper final until its latter years. 2 legged final home and away was the format 

Edited by Paninistickers
Uefa cup
  • Like 1

9 minutes ago, Paninistickers said:

I'm not denying Roma the win. Deserved winners of the competition. 

Just don't think Feyenoord did better than us. Chances are, had we have squeezed past Roma (maddisons slip in the first leg proving critical in the end) we'd have had too much fir Feyenoord (as we had for PSV) 

Well that makes me feel even worse :(