Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

World Football Thread 2022/23

3 minutes ago, StanSP said:

Its all very nice but surely they could've organised drop off point rather than throwing them on the pitch during a game.  I do wonder how much this is done for PR or social media reasons.  Cynical I know.

Edited by purpleronnie

Just now, purpleronnie said:

Its all very nice but surely they could've organised drop off point rather than throwing them on the pitch during a game.  I do wonder how much this is done for PR or social media reasons.  Cynical I know.

I think this method is taken from Ice Hockey games where it seems to happen.

• Like 2

“After an on-pitch clash between Marash Kumbulla and Frank Tsadjout, Mourinho asked Serra for an explanation, and was reportedly told to “mind your own f**king business.” Predictably, the Roma coach and his staff were furious with this response.

Following the red card, Serra then allegedly said to the Portuguese coach that “they all take the p*ss out of you, go home.””

6 hours ago, The Bear said:

It baffles me in general why managers go nuts at the fourth officials though. What are they supposed to do about it? Run on the pitch and force the referee to change his decision?

Equally, I'd love to know what 4th officials say to managers apart from 'calm down'. And I bet even then it's more wanting to say 'calm the fvck down you maniac'.

It must just constantly be 'the referee's made his decision, it may be checked if VAR feel the need...' or words to that effect.

In fact, 4th officials seem utterly useless. They used to be there to keep managers in check, but when you see what the likes of Pep/Arteta/Klopp get up to, why are they even there. Managers get on to the pitch with barely any restraint these days. 

• Like 1

On 01/03/2023 at 12:07, The Bear said:

It baffles me in general why managers go nuts at the fourth officials though. What are they supposed to do about it? Run on the pitch and force the referee to change his decision?

Yes…

better than VAR…