Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
SemperEadem

World Football Thread 2022/23

Nagelsmann hs a 71% win rate. 1 Bundesliga title and 2 German super cups. And he's in the quarter finals of the Champions League. I get that they didn't want to muss out on Tuchel, but it's harsh.

56 minutes ago, Super_horns said:

Likes of Martinez won't be able to play games at penalties anymore.

lol

I can't see that being enforced. 

When attackers can stutter and jump and hesitate deliberately, it's favoured so much towards them. 

Goalkeepers couldn't touch the woodwork anyway I thought. 

It's like they basically have to be robots until the kick is taken. 

'unfairly distract the taker' - teams will just find a way around this and push the limits for it with either the goalkeeper or the players. 

• Like 1

Emi Martinez strikes me as a bad gimp but there's nothing wrong with what he does in penalties, I think it all adds to them if anything. Some of those rules are also hugely subjective – "don't unfairly distract the taker" and "don't behave in a manner that shows disrespect" will be borderline impossible to consistently enforce because they're both incredibly broad, not to add vague.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, Miquel The Work Geordie said:

Emi Martinez strikes me as a bad gimp but there's nothing wrong with what he does in penalties, I think it all adds to them if anything. Some of those rules are also hugely subjective – "don't unfairly distract the taker" and "don't behave in a manner that shows disrespect" will be borderline impossible to consistently enforce because they're both incredibly broad, not to add vague.

Incredibly broad??  
Don’t touch net

Dont touch goalposts

dont unfairly distract GK..( one part which was released earlier,no standing on    
                                        Penalty spot or skuff ,penalty spot)

I’ll grant you..When any of the above do happen,it will be interesting how the ref reacts,but he will be obviously put his position in jeporday if he ignores it…

Its a one off event,so Yellow followed by red ,should be immediate to GK,or player

ignoring rule…Some players have it automatically in their mindset,so how they can stop themselves will be further interesting…

Whether ref gives warning in the first few weeks…??

NWSL season started over the weekend, watched one of the games on DAZN’s YouTube channel last night and the domestic game there seems to be back going from strength to strength.

Likewise with the MLS I’ll probably watch a couple games and then forget about it until next year but it was a nice change.

On 24/03/2023 at 17:32, Super_horns said:

The owners/board do seem very outspoken at Bayern and not afraid to speak their mind .

What happens if Tuchel doesn’t win anything too ?

Bayern have probably in Europe the best set up in Europe as far as owners/board is concerned…Legacy from Hoeness & Beckenbauer approach,backed by solid board.

Even 40yr BVB Fan,I might dislike/hate how they work,but equally respect their running of Bayern for Bayern…& German International team supporting also non-Bayern players..One reason German football clicks..

If/when England get knocked out,I can follow Germany..:ph34r:

England could be turning the tide a little recently..

& Vardy‘s goal still sits deep in the memory…

I never liked Tuchel even at BVB,  but he’s done well and has a good CV.

He won’t dissappoint at Bayern, he will win trophies for Bayern, there will come

a time he knows he will be moved on…Successfull 3-4yrs, half successfull 1-2yrs

Too early arrogant & mouthy…6 months.