Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Most Famous Person You've Met

NO FOOTBALLERS! TOO EASY!

Inspired by me and the Mrs watching the Commonwealth Games and having a chat, who's the most famous person you've ever met?

As I say, footballers don't count.

Mine are underwhelming, but I'll start...

Matt Smith, Dr Who actor, his family now live in Northamptonshire and his mum was a regular in the old pub I managed.

Also, Derek Redmond...lovely guy, he too lives in Northamptonshire and provided one of the most iconic Olympic moments.

Edited by tom27111

Dave Gilmore who asked us to make room for him and his party at the Crooked Billet pub in Stoke Row. It was just after the Live Aid Wembley concert and they were discussing that, not that my ears were flapping at all; just they were sat rather close to us. Those were the days before mobile phones when fairly famous people could go out and not be hassled. You would see quite a few well known folk out and about around the Berkshire/Oxfordshire border.

• Like 1

Jonathan Ross, Ian brown a few times, rest of the stone roses briefly , Liam gallagher, by far the biggest nob I've ever met was Jack Whitehall, Chris moyles, Shane meadows. Suppose Liam gallagher the closest thing to a superstar and he was really sound. Ian brown also a really nice bloke just doesn't suffer fools and doesn't like the media or music industry so think he comes across as a much bigger tosser than he really is. 

• Like 3

26 minutes ago, Thefox81 said:

Stephen Graham in a cafe in Ashby de la zouch. Didnt speak to him as he looked like he was enjoying his fry up

Lives in  Leicestershire doesn't he? Near Rothwell? 

I've heard interviews where he hates the fact his Mrs is a Leicester fan lol

Edited by tom27111

14 minutes ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Jonathan Ross, Ian brown a few times, rest of the stone roses briefly , Liam gallagher, by far the biggest nob I've ever met was Jack Whitehall, Chris moyles, Shane meadows. Suppose Liam gallagher the closest thing to a superstar and he was really sound. Ian brown also a really nice bloke just doesn't suffer fools and doesn't like the media or music industry so think he comes across as a much bigger tosser than he really is. 

Alright, unless anyone says "Yeah I'm big mates with Mick Jagger and the Queen" you win lol

Shared a couple of Scotches propping up the bar with Lemmy in Gossips in London, where he was a regular so was really no big deal. Over a decade later I bumped into him in the Rainbow on Sunset Strip where he not only remembered, but returned the gesture and bought several rounds. Thoroughly good bloke. 

• Like 3

6 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Alright, unless anyone says "Yeah I'm big mates with Mick Jagger and the Queen" you win lol

Not friends with any of them, suppose Ian brown closest thing to a famous mate, was on the guest list at Heaton Park and will be going backstage for a bit at rock City in October. But definitely more famous people about people have met than Ian brown or Liam gallagher, though obviously with his recent resurgence Liam is a big star. 

Sure I met Steven Fry in Covent garden many years ago, during the period when he disappeared for a while. We were both watching a living statue and he commented on how remarkable it was that he wasn’t blinking and tears were running down his face as a result. 

Also when at the Le Mans Grand Prix one year we sat at a table in a bar where there was two other chaps sitting there. My mate joked with one of them that he was Nigel mansell (look a like) this chap rolled his eyes looked bored and said “I’ve not heard that before” he was wearing a Williams baseball cap and jacket and had the moustache. Anyway we gently ribbed him for a bit before just having a few beers and chatting with them. It was only later that I said to my mate that if he was so bored of looking like Nigel Mansell why did he go to so much effort to look like him lol I then started to wonder if it was him lol I don’t think it was however.

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, tom27111 said:

Lives in  Leicestershire doesn't he? Near Rothwell? 

I've heard interviews where he hates the fact his Mrs is a Leicester fan lol

No idea i work in rothley but we have a cafe down in ashby. I had to do the bread run there as the driver called sick and nobody to take the produce for the day. He was eating a fry up and looked like he was enjoying it so left him alone as i was represting our gaff. Norths in Rothley. Sorry for the shameful plug

1 minute ago, Steve_Guppy_Left_Foot said:

Not friends with any of them, suppose Ian brown closest thing to a famous mate, was on the guest list at Heaton Park and will be going backstage for a bit at rock City in October. But definitely more famous people about people have met than Ian brown or Liam gallagher, though obviously with his recent resurgence Liam is a big star. 

I know mate, only joking, but that's an impressive list. 

Was it a job you did?

1 minute ago, Thefox81 said:

No idea i work in rothley but we have a cafe down in ashby. I had to do the bread run there as the driver called sick and nobody to take the produce for the day. He was eating a fry up and looked like he was enjoying it so left him alone as i was represting our gaff. Norths in Rothley. Sorry for the shameful plug

I meant Rothley! I said Rothwell by accident, that's a Northamptonshire place, where I live now!

I've heard a few interviews with him and his Mrs is a big City fan.

My mate gigged with Ed Sheeran back in the day and I hung out with him for an evening. Was alright.

Cannon and Ball asked me to move my car as I'd blocked them in. 

Had a drink with McFly. Didn't know who they were til after. The one from Busted was an absolute knob. 

1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

I meant Rothley! I said Rothwell by accident, that's a Northamptonshire place, where I live now!

I've heard a few interviews with him and his Mrs is a big City fan.

I have no idea just left him with his brekkie. Yeah i work in Rothley next to the steam train station

• Like 1