Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
tom27111

Most Famous Person You've Met

Valentino Rossi at an event with work in Munich.

Jackie Stewart at his house in Aylesbury 

Noel Edmunds in a lift in Kensington (I think)

Phil Mitchell in Rat and Parrot.

Brian Clough at the King Power.

Oh and Pierluigi Collina at and after dinner event in Amsterdam.

Edited by Strokes

Played football in a charity match against a load of z list celebrities a few years back now. Danny Miller was playing and he was sound had a few beers with him and a few others but the best thing about it was he was going out with Kaya Scodelario (effy from skins for those around my age)  at the time and she was really nice, brought loads of drinks and just kept laughing that she was sitting at Butthole Lane in Shepshed! 

14 minutes ago, grobyfox1990 said:

Actually wtf am I saying, Emily Ratajkowski last November takes the prize. Well fit and smart etc, been absolutely obsessed with her ever since and now she’s SINGLE

Emily Ratajkowski? Emily RatajWOWski more like!!!! 

Feel free to use the above 

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Webbo said:

I met Strokes once.

Funny you should mention that.

Years ago, I was walking down some side street in London, round the back of a Virgin Record store.

Talking to one of my mates and not looking where I was going.

I saw a black people carrier pull up a few yards in front of me, completely oblivious, I carried on talking to my mate, looking at him, and then I bumped into someone.

I unreservedly apologised and the guy just said, in an American accent "It's cool man".

It was The Strokes, about to do a performance at the record shop. I literally bumped into The Strokes.

At the time, I didn't realise for a few seconds, but my mate just stood there open mouthed, staring.

Oh, you really meant @Strokes, not The Strokes.

My bad.

I hope he didn’t advise you on ceramic drill bits lol

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, oakman said:

We were in a pub in Parsons Green years ago and Kemp was in there with some people. He was taking the piss out of one of our friends and though it started quite good-natured and a bit of fun, he just wouldn't drop it even though he saw my mate was no longer seeing the funny side. My friend (who's only a little guy), told him to go f**k himself, Kemp and his friends promptly squared up to us, pushed my friend in the chest and asked what he was going to do about it. Someone threw a punch and in the ensuing 5 second melee I planted a little love-tap on Kemps noggin. 

Amazing.

Kemp has risked his life by making documentaries spending time with some of the most dangerous gangs in the world that kill people for fun.

The only time it's ever kicked off was when he crossed paths with someone from FoxesTalk.

Pure gold lol

• Haha 2

Mostly wrestlers at various events for me as far as famous folk I've met. 

Booker T, Bret Hart, Bobby Fish, Brian Kendrick, Adam Cole, The Briscoes, Sami Zayne, Drew Mcyntire, Lance Storm

As far as footballers, I've met Paul Mcstay quite a few times as he was a friends godfather. Ally McCoist, Derek McCinnes, Nacho Novo.

A few musicians. A good friend when I was younger was dating Mince from the Frattelis just as they were kicking off. Pete Doherty, Rob Zombie, the guys from Children of Bodom, Alissa from Arch Enemy, the Biffy Clyro guys. 

Martin Compston quite a few times as I'm from the same small town. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

Mostly wrestlers at various events for me as far as famous folk I've met. 

Booker T, Bret Hart, Bobby Fish, Brian Kendrick, Adam Cole, The Briscoes, Sami Zayne, Drew Mcyntire, Lance Storm

Did you resist the urge to shout "Can you dig it, suckaaaaa" lol

• Haha 1

This has been done a few times over the last few years but here goes

Frank Sinatra - Mancuso's Restaurant Rancho Mirage. We shook hands and chatted for a while.

He stayed drinking at the bar. My mate of some 53 years, a huge Sinatra fan asked him for an autographed photo, which was duly sent to England and is still hanging in pride of place at their home.

Elton John on Concorde on two separate occasions. Nice guy!

Gerald Ford and Bob Hope in Palm Springs.

Stevie Wonder Mancuso's Palm Desert after a tribute concert for Elizabeth Taylor

Billy Idol, Marriott Hotel, Yosemite. Very approachable and we talked about his accident.

To be regrettably topical, Bernard Gribbins after he appeared in "Anything Goes'. Elaine Page was also there.

Jasper Carrot.- Lichfield

Lord Lichfield gave us photography tutoring

Tommy Lasorda, Coach for LA Dodgers. A day of management training

David Prowse the original Darth Vader voice. Some pub in South London

Rod Laver, John Newcome and John Lloyd at a tennis tournament in Indian Wells. John Lloyd, husband of Chris Evert at the time was so engaging and talkative.

Sonny Bono of Sonny and Cher,  called me one day at the office for a charity donation.

We went to see Manhattan Transfer in Birmingham and after the show they were eating at the next table in the Italian restaurant close by. We chatted for a while.

Ian Botham after a test match after he retired. We chatted at the hotel across the road from Lords.

I know there are more, especially sportsmen but I think that will do.

Edited by Smudge
  • Like 3

Drove Aussie captain Mark Taylor in my taxi driving days... nice enough but not chatty as he was taking a young lady back to his hotel. Few other sports and "celebs" in the cab.

In my other life...Rupert Murdoch at a News Ltd Conference brief chat before he spoke, then shared a "Grange" with the News Corporates at the table... I hate wine , red wine especially, an amazing waste of money. 

2 hours ago, Smudge said:

This has been done a few times over the last few years but here goes

Frank Sinatra - Mancuso's Restaurant Rancho Mirage. We shook hands and chatted for a while.

He stayed drinking at the bar. My mate of some 53 years, a huge Sinatra fan asked him for an autographed photo, which was duly sent to England and is still hanging in pride of place at their home.

Elton John on Concorde on two separate occasions. Nice guy!

Gerald Ford and Bob Hope in Palm Springs.

Stevie Wonder Mancuso's Palm Desert after a tribute concert for Elizabeth Taylor

Billy Idol, Marriott Hotel, Yosemite. Very approachable and we talked about his accident.

To be regrettably topical, Bernard Gribbins after he appeared in "Anything Goes'. Elaine Page was also there.

Jasper Carrot.- Lichfield

Lord Lichfield gave us photography tutoring

Tommy Lasorda, Coach for LA Dodgers. A day of management training

David Prowse the original Darth Vader voice. Some pub in South London

Rod Laver, John Newcome and John Lloyd at a tennis tournament in Indian Wells. John Lloyd, husband of Chris Evert at the time was so engaging and talkative.

Sonny Bono of Sonny and Cher,  called me one day at the office for a charity donation.

We went to see Manhattan Transfer in Birmingham and after the show they were eating at the next table in the Italian restaurant close by. We chatted for a while.

Ian Botham after a test match after he retired. We chatted at the hotel across the road from Lords.

I know there are more, especially sportsmen but I think that will do.

im beginning to think i just need to meet @Smudge and ill win the thread. lol

• Haha 1

Stephen Graham - A few times. 

Italian Rugby Team - They we’re staying at a hotel I was in Northampton. They were all sat around in the bar. 

Carol Vordermann - She’d just got stuck in a lift in Wales working for TV / Radio, so I was chatting away with her upon her release. We discussed the upcoming Wales rugby game. I can’t even remember who they were playing. 

Green Bay Packers Squad - Las Vegas, chatting away in MGM. I’ve no idea about NFL, so we walked “soccer” and being “British”. 

David Guetta - Las Vegas, Caesars Palace My wife walked straight into him. had a few minutes chatting. 

Dillion Whyte - Loughborough Uni. Spoke more to his entourage as I was waiting for knee physio and they delayed me. 

Jimmy Carr - I went to an an awards ceremony and ran into him after he’d did some talk and abused half the room. Funny bloke. 

Frank Bruno - I was quite young and my dad had to tell me who he was. I think he was jogging around Packington. He’s stopped, so my dad did to wish him well. 

Kelis - Of Milkshake game, whilst she DJ’d to about 200 people at a Vegas pool party. 

Also I’m pretty sure I once played football

against Tom Hopper (Umbrella Academy). 

I sat on the same hospitality table as “Jordan” as she was at the time at Old Trafford. From memory they were playing Manchester United and it was Verons home debut. Something DHL had taken me to. A very frail looking George Best was also in the room. 

I’ve seen a few people also whilst in Dubai, Heathrow etc, however only from afar and not spoken to them. Years ago I got to go into the pits at Silverstone and met the likes of Damon Hill, David Coulthard etc.