Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Iheanacho

45 minutes ago, JimJams said:

COURSE YOU CAN!

1323548856_Defendingbedamned!_.thumb.png.399dcc501a527018107f5dab7e280747.png

I can see absolutely no possible downsides to this setup whatsoever!

Bit of a defensive team that lol

Frankly, it's a shame more managers don't appreciate the genius of my 2-5-3 formation I busted out in FM12.

6 hours ago, lcfcsnow said:

I think it had more to do with empty stadiums.

Possibly. 

Can’t have done his confidence much good to look like our main man, then be frozen out. 

Another example of awful man management from Rodgers

6 hours ago, pmcla26 said:

I think that when our squad is built for 352, it's ashame we haven't used him more often and in that system when we have used it.

The conundrum is that if Nacho starts, how do you fit him in with Maddison, Vardy and Barnes all pretty much nailed on starters. 

Our squad does not have enough effective cbs to he built for 352.

17 hours ago, majaco said:

Our squad does not have enough effective cbs to he built for 352.

Not sure I agree with this to be honest. 

We should be able to field Soyuncu, Evans, Fofana with Vestergaard and Amartey in reserve and Castagne and Justin both quite good at the auxiliary CB that a lot of managers like to use in the wide CB positions of a back three. 

When we signed Vestergaard we were expecting an experienced Premier League defender with stacks of Danish caps and Soyuncu was fantastic in his first full season here alongside Evans. 

That Fofana wants to leave, Vestergaard turned out to be useless and the manager has completely fallen out with Soyuncu is another matter entirely. 

4 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

We have a manager who can't coach a 3-5-2.

We have a manager that got us into Europe with a 3-5-2 and won us the FA Cup final playing it too.

All for having a go at Rodgers but ffs.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

We have a manager that got us into Europe with a 3-5-2 and won us the FA Cup final playing it too.

4rznni.gif

Pretty sure you'd have a good case that we got the points we needed in those seasons largely playing 433 or a version of, no? I mean 19/20 in particular we started well playing 433 and started hemorrhaging points once we swapped, albeit admittedly out of a perceived necessity. 

Rodgers is pretty poor at coaching his preferred form of football in a 352. The passing and attacking patterns aren't there at all, it's a complete shambles. 

If parking the bus in a low block and counter attacking doesn't work (which did in the FA Cup final and in away wins at Leeds and Man City, for example) then we're absolutely boned and by his own admission that isn't his preferred way of playing. 

We've almost never managed to actually create proper chances and break down a team from open play playing a 352 under Rodgers. 

You'd have to be really clutching at straws to pretend otherwise. We've looked largely horrific playing that way under him except for a few exceptions against teams who wanted to dominate the game and step to us. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

4rznni.gif

Pretty sure you'd have a good case that we got the points we needed in those seasons largely playing 433 or a version of, no? I mean 19/20 in particular we started well playing 433 and started hemorrhaging points once we swapped, albeit admittedly out of a perceived necessity. 

Rodgers is pretty poor at coaching his preferred form of football in a 352. The passing and attacking patterns aren't there at all, it's a complete shambles. 

If parking the bus in a low block and counter attacking doesn't work (which did in the FA Cup final and in away wins at Leeds and Man City, for example) then we're absolutely boned and by his own admission that isn't his preferred way of playing. 

We've almost never managed to actually create proper chances and break down a team from open play playing a 352 under Rodgers. 

You'd have to be really clutching at straws to pretend otherwise. We've looked largely horrific playing that way under him except for a few exceptions against teams who wanted to dominate the game and step to us. 

I'm not particularly interested in going that deep into it but in he did get us to and won us the FA Cup as well as getting us into Europe despite seemingly thousands of injuries. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/leicester-city/spielplandatum/verein/1003/plus/0?saison_id=2020&wettbewerb_id=&day=&heim_gast=&punkte=&datum_von=-&datum_bis=-

I don't doubt that we're better off in a 4-3-3 type formation, but I disagree that he can't coach a 3-5-2 type formation just because we didn't perform as well as his preferred formation with his preferred players.

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Not sure I agree with this to be honest. 

We should be able to field Soyuncu, Evans, Fofana with Vestergaard and Amartey in reserve and Castagne and Justin both quite good at the auxiliary CB that a lot of managers like to use in the wide CB positions of a back three. 

When we signed Vestergaard we were expecting an experienced Premier League defender with stacks of Danish caps and Soyuncu was fantastic in his first full season here alongside Evans. 

That Fofana wants to leave, Vestergaard turned out to be useless and the manager has completely fallen out with Soyuncu is another matter entirely. 

it looks like you sort of agreed.

Soyuncu has not been great in a 3.  Amartey has limitations.  Fofana is eyeing up the exit door.  Vestegaard moves like the queen.  With Perreira, injured we need Castagne and Justin as fbs/wbs.

With the transfer situation as it is, we are not recruiting.   It is hard to identify what our squad is set up for.   

6 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Help by Nacho have the best period of his career. 

Don't get me wrong he has had his moments when deploying a 3-5-2, but as he has got more risk adverse and more pragmatic this formations has become a terrible option.

When was the last time we played well with a 3-5-2, I can't think of a game last season.

Part of being a good coach is playing players in the right position and role. 

This season has seen him shoe horn in 4 CM, rather than Nacho who has been one of the biggest successes of playing 3-5-2.

He also played Amartey as a left of a 3, which is alien too him.

In a good 3-5-2 the wide players are the most important aspect of good attacking play, not one of Castange, Ricardo, Justin or Thomas has looked comfortable as a Wingback.

Now they could all be crap at playing in that role or the coaching isn't up to scratch.

The whole idea of a 3-5-2 is to create overloads, in the midfield and forward areas, we end up with wingback that get a nosey bleed when they cross the halfway line.

O'Neill show how effective a 3-5-2 can be with less impressive individual parts.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, AKCJ said:

Yeah didn't we beat City away playing 352 as well... 

the problem isnt that he cant coach it, he just plays the wrong players

33 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Yeah didn't we beat City away playing 352 as well... 

the problem isnt that he cant coach it, he just plays the wrong players

We set up in a 5-4-1 when we thrashed them 2-5

I honestly think if Ihenacho went to Brighton or Newcastle or someone of that ilk he would be setting the PL alight. He’s being wasted by Rogers who just won’t give him the chance he’s so deserves. 

• Thanks 1

26 minutes ago, Jakemoore said:

I honestly think if Ihenacho went to Brighton or Newcastle or someone of that ilk he would be setting the PL alight. He’s being wasted by Rogers who just won’t give him the chance he’s so deserves. 

So drop Vardy?