Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Iheanacho

4 minutes ago, buzzer_b said:

Vardy is out of form and 35. Why not try Nacho and Daka together? Also Nacho and Vardy seem to play well together.

Was a genuine question, and I agree starting both Daka and Nacho are sense, at least on occasion (hopefully getting more frequent over time)

Just now, Dahnsouff said:

Was a genuine question, and I agree starting both Daka and Nacho are sense, at least on occasion (hopefully getting more frequent over time)

Yeh it makes sense to at least give them a good run in the side together. I love Vardy but it’s time to start thinking about life after him. He obviously still has a massive part to play and is still important to us but we need to move forward. It would be criminal not to give Nacho and Daka a decent run in the team this season.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, sphericalfox said:

Or the right players are injured…

Kelechi is never injured. Playing Vardy & Kelechi in a 352 would solve a few of the problems for me!

Also, Ricardo aside, we have a XI that could play that formation quite well at the moment, in my opinion!

3 minutes ago, daddylonglegs said:

Kelechi is never injured. Playing Vardy & Kelechi in a 352 would solve a few of the problems for me!

Also, Ricardo aside, we have a XI that could play that formation quite well at the moment, in my opinion!

Like your point about 2 up front with V &  K,  but its the 3 at the back bit I'm  not sold on I'm afraid. Not a fan of 3-5-2.

18 hours ago, buzzer_b said:

Vardy is out of form and 35. Why not try Nacho and Daka together? Also Nacho and Vardy seem to play well together.

Daka is an awful player, totally useless last night with nacho. Him and vardy together, Daka i would sell ASAP

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

10 minutes ago, Angus Scott said:

How many more years do we have to wait for Nacho to come good. He seems to have been here forever but is still the same as when he came, can't control the ball, has no pace, no right foot, no brain, no balance & can't head it. To sum up he's absolutely hopeless, but still people think he's the answer

He has been good and is good. Like someone has said, saved our season. I’d argue that he can play adequately up front on his own also, it’s just a myth peddled by Rodgers. Deserves more playing time even it is at the expense of the GOAT

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Claridge said:

Daka is an awful player, totally useless last night with nacho. Him and vardy together, Daka i would sell ASAP

To be fair he scored a few goals in his first season here from a foreign league - I hope you remember Vardy wasn't the best for the first couple of seasons here? Some young players need a chance to bed in! Calling him awful is a bit hyperbole to be honest. I believe he will develop well and next season (if he's still here) score 20+ goals for us. 

Might sound a bit better off here but I’m convinced his good period came because of the lack of fans. As a result he never felt pressure. Lingard a similar example. 

That said I’m reluctant to call out any of our strikers playing our current tactics. 

Edited by Cardiff_Fox
  • Like 1

where was it that Rodgers said he likes technical players because thats what he was, and wants to prove that players like him would be more successful

cant help but feel thats why he doesnt rate/trust Nacho

pretty poor that he would rather prove a point than go with someone who has been a relative success output wise

2 hours ago, hejammy said:

To be fair he scored a few goals in his first season here from a foreign league - I hope you remember Vardy wasn't the best for the first couple of seasons here? Some young players need a chance to bed in! Calling him awful is a bit hyperbole to be honest. I believe he will develop well and next season (if he's still here) score 20+ goals for us. 

Score 20+ is proper hyperbole as well, he has the touch of a carthorse

1 hour ago, Claridge said:

Score 20+ is proper hyperbole as well, he has the touch of a carthorse

19 goals and 7 assists  20/21

8 goals and 9 assists 21/22

The man makes goals happen, which is a miracle considering our football is not at all conducive to scoring goals.

Annoyingly he's the only reason Rodgers is still in a job, yet Rodgers is responsible for stifling his career. It's very weird.

@Claridge I foolishly expected people were discussing  Iheanacho in the Iheanacho thread, apologies if you were talking about Daka. I disagree still, but I assumed you were on about a player who had contributed  45 goals over the past 2 seasons :D

Edited by filbertway

1 hour ago, filbertway said:

19 goals and 7 assists  20/21

8 goals and 9 assists 21/22

The man makes goals happen, which is a miracle considering our football is not at all conducive to scoring goals.

Annoyingly he's the only reason Rodgers is still in a job, yet Rodgers is responsible for stifling his career. It's very weird.

@Claridge I foolishly expected people were discussing  Iheanacho in the Iheanacho thread, apologies if you were talking about Daka. I disagree still, but I assumed you were on about a player who had contributed  45 goals over the past 2 seasons :D

True, I would like to see nacho and vardy in the team together, if that doesn’t work then bring on Daka, hopefully he will be better than I think he is

7 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

If this Isak chap is going for £60m after one good la liga season what is iheanacho worth?!

£5.50 and a packet of Revels, this includes the buying from Leicester City discount

• Haha 1