Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Happy Fox

Iheanacho

1 hour ago, Steve Earle said:

He really isn’t I’m afraid. 

How many teams that think they are better than us are trying to sign him?

I don’t think teams trying / not trying to sign a player is a criteria for a players ability when so much of that is conjecture. He delivered brilliantly when needed and trusted in 20/21, but he’s not had the same run in the squad since.

He got something like a goal or assist every 100 mins in 20/21, that’s a phenomenal output IMO. 

• Like 4

12 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

He really isn’t I’m afraid. 

How many teams that think they are better than us are trying to sign him?

Look at his record for goals/assists per Vs his minutes played in the last couple of years. Imagine if he'd actually played a lot more to help his development. Yes he's prone to sloppiness and the ridiculous but that's part of the charm; makes him so unpredictable and hard to defend against. When he's on it, the bad elements of his game (i.e. his touch) suddenly become the best.

In this age of 'no formations and just systems instead' a good manager would fine a way to include him. The fact Daka is being chosen ahead of him at the moment is an embarrassment (and I still think there's something there with Daka). Iheanacho must have a bloody strong mentality to deal with the awful treatment from Rodgers and still produce when he gets 20 mins here and there.

• Like 2

26 minutes ago, dmayne7 said:

Look at his record for goals/assists per Vs his minutes played in the last couple of years. Imagine if he'd actually played a lot more to help his development. Yes he's prone to sloppiness and the ridiculous but that's part of the charm; makes him so unpredictable and hard to defend against. When he's on it, the bad elements of his game (i.e. his touch) suddenly become the best.

In this age of 'no formations and just systems instead' a good manager would fine a way to include him. The fact Daka is being chosen ahead of him at the moment is an embarrassment (and I still think there's something there with Daka). Iheanacho must have a bloody strong mentality to deal with the awful treatment from Rodgers and still produce when he gets 20 mins here and there.

Many good points there, and he did as much as anyone to get us to the Cup Final and stay in contention in the league that season.

But we can't afford the luxury of a £25M+ third choice striker - who can?

Oh, and he was as bad as Daka on Saturday!

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

Many good points there, and he did as much as anyone to get us to the Cup Final and stay in contention in the league that season.

Would be good to see him get a consistent run of starts so we can get a proper view on where he’s at this season. These cameos just aren’t right. 

2 minutes ago, 5waller5 said:

As soon as we have a competent manager Nacho will be our main goal scorer 

Agree 100% I think it should be him plus one of the other strikers. He compliments our other strikers he just needs a run in the team again.

6 minutes ago, lcfcsnow said:

I think it had more to do with empty stadiums.

I think there is a bit of this as well, he's not as clinical since crowds came back. But still has a lot to offer. 

That chance vs Spurs to make it 3-1 in the CL decider, aaargh!!!! Who knows if there hadn't been a crowd...

Edited by lcfc_forever

2 hours ago, Steve Earle said:

He’s got a better all round game than Daka tho. The thing that lets Iheanacho down is his first touch. It’s sometimes sublime but it’s often almost as bad as Daka’s. 

25 minutes ago, funkyrobot said:

He’s got a better all round game than Daka tho. The thing that lets Iheanacho down is his first touch. It’s sometimes sublime but it’s often almost as bad as Daka’s. 

Daka looks like he’s trying far to hard; running at anything and throwing his body everywhere instead of being there to get the ball ( often endin up on his arse in the process) 

4 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Daka looks like he’s trying far to hard; running at anything and throwing his body everywhere instead of being there to get the ball ( often endin up on his arse in the process) 

Yep he's too desperate to impress. A competent manager would have addressed this by now but he's been the same for ages.

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, Clarkey123 said:

Quite understandable given he only comes on for the last 15-20mins, by which time we're often struggling as a team. I've no doubt Nacho would get double digit assists/goals in a season given he plays regularly. Criminally under used by Rodgers who values a neat 1st touch and possession over creating/scoring goals. He's wasting the best years of his career here.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, pmcla26 said:

I think that when our squad is built for 352, it's ashame we haven't used him more often and in that system when we have used it.

The conundrum is that if Nacho starts, how do you fit him in with Maddison, Vardy and Barnes all pretty much nailed on starters. 

I mean you can't really have all of those. 

If we play a 352 then two of Iheanacho, Daka, Vardy and Barnes start up top unless Barnes can either adapt to rotate with Madders at 10 or be coached in to playing as a wing back which I can't see happening. 

I don't think he'd be dreadful playing as a striker in a 352 but I do think he's the worst finisher of the "four."

In an imaginary ideal world where everyone is full of confidence and in decent form I'd probably have Daka and Iheanacho starting in front of Maddison with Vardy and Barnes swapping in on 60 odd minutes if we need to freshen things up. 

But that's assuming a manager that properly utilises an aggressive 352 which is a big assumption currently. 

I like nacho, he'll always be a fans favourite. My issue with him is that even when he's had consistent runs in the team, its the mistakes and missed chances that always stick in the back of my mind.

3 minutes ago, Phenom said:

Tbf, that’s better than what we’ve put out there.

I'd pay good money to watch Bielsa coach that in an exhibition.

Preferably against a Kevin Keegan select 11.

Edited by Finnegan
  • Like 1