Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
ry.cunningham.5

Bournemouth

5 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

Any idea which services aren't running now? I've booked annoyingly.

Cross Country are striking which is a pain.

Full striking operators are;

Avanti, Chiltern Railways, Cross Country, Greater Anglia, Great Western, Hull Trains, LNER, London Overground, Northern, Southeastern, TransPennine, West Midlands Trains.

3 hours ago, Fox92 said:

Cross Country are striking which is a pain.

Full striking operators are;

Avanti, Chiltern Railways, Cross Country, Greater Anglia, Great Western, Hull Trains, LNER, London Overground, Northern, Southeastern, TransPennine, West Midlands Trains.

I might be being daft but that looks to me like you can still get from Leicester to Bournemouth. EMT and SWR.

• Like 1

train companies affected by the strikes:

Chiltern Railways

Cross Country Trains

Greater Anglia

LNER

East Midlands Railway

c2c

Great Western Railway

Hull Trains 

Northern Trains

South Eastern

South Western Railway

Transpennine Express

Avanti West Coast

West Midlands Trains

GTR (including Gatwick Express

7 hours ago, Kegworthfox said:

train companies affected by the strikes:

Chiltern Railways

Cross Country Trains

Greater Anglia

LNER

East Midlands Railway

c2c

Great Western Railway

Hull Trains 

Northern Trains

South Eastern

South Western Railway

Transpennine Express

Avanti West Coast

West Midlands Trains

GTR (including Gatwick Express

Not even lying was going to book my train tickets yesterday glad I saw this. Going via coach now.

On 23/09/2022 at 11:10, Dan LCFC said:

I might be being daft but that looks to me like you can still get from Leicester to Bournemouth. EMT and SWR.

Going via London? If so you won't be on a cross country train so you should be fine. Will just take about 4 hours each way lol.

Also remember the ground is served by Pokesdown station not Bournemouth. Bournemouth station puts you a half hour walk away from the only away "pub". 

43 minutes ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

Going via London? If so you won't be on a cross country train so you should be fine. Will just take about 4 hours each way lol.

Also remember the ground is served by Pokesdown station not Bournemouth. Bournemouth station puts you a half hour walk away from the only away "pub". 

What is the only away pub called Sol?

3 hours ago, l444ry said:

What is the only away pub called Sol?

Mello Mello on Boscombe high Street. Walking past earlier there's a new Irish bar on the other side of the street but no idea what that's like for away fans.

The old Spoons that was next door lost it's license a few years back lol

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Sol thewall Bamba said:

I've sacked the train off now. We can't even get to London. Total non starter. Gonna be a driving job sadly.

6 hours ago, SemperEadem said:

Its a pretty poor away day thinking about it. Ground miles out and little pub options.

It's rubbish. Was only willing to take these up if they came at Forest's expense. Obviously if we go down we'll go and bring these and West Ham with us.

On 25/09/2022 at 13:00, Sol thewall Bamba said:

The getting to London part on EMT (not on strike) looks ok, but can’t see any way of then getting to Bournemouth that doesn’t involve SWR or Cross Country which are both on strike?