Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
lcfc_forever

Maxence Lacroix

7 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Is he still? He’s been playing less and less games for wolves each year and could hardly get a game last season (although I don’t know if he was injured). Think he’d be a poor replacement for fofana and we’ve already got enough of them 

But we are desperate and he could plug a gap for a year? 

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

That's why you target players with release clauses and a year left on their deals. Lacroix has a £34m release clause. 

We won't go that high for 1 player I can't see us doing that, wouldn't be surprised he is even a real target we're actually looking at, cheaper options we will be looking at

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

Not happening, every club will know we will have £80 million from the fofana sale, They will up there prices cause of it and also its very late in the window, clubs don't want to lose there top players this late, therefore adds more price to there players and and they will have to find a replacement. I can't see theses quality signings happening now...to late

...yes it is very late in the window but most clubs, like the media, only hear that we are short of money to go out and do business!!!

The Fofana money to them would be us trying to make ends meet. I do not believe clubs will be hiking prices because of the Fofana deal, or because it is so late in the window, they will want to offload just as much as we wish to buy.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, turlo said:

If we don't at least try and replace Fofana with a half decent CB then we're asking for a lot of trouble this season. I can't believe we'd take that risk. 

I agree but I'm not sure we really have the cash for more than a loan and this seems like far too much for us to spend on one player.

1 minute ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...yes it is very late in the window but most clubs, like the media, only hear that we are short of money to go out and do business!!!

The Fofana money to them would be us trying to make ends meet. I do not believe clubs will be hiking prices because of the Fofana deal, or because it is so late in the window, they will want to offload just as much as we wish to buy.

Clubs offload players deemed not good enough or surplus to requirement. For the life of me I can't see what good they are to us. We are trying to replace a core player and that is bound to be expensive and difficult.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Danny280995 said:

We won't go that high for 1 player I can't see us doing that, wouldn't be surprised he is even a real target we're actually looking at, cheaper options we will be looking at

...Lacroix is 22, 3 years older than Fofana when we bought him for the same fee!!!

Three seasons in the Premier League and we can shift him on for double the fee when he is in his prime. On the face of it, a sound investment.

I am even more excited by Ndicka, he looks like a defender who thinks he should be playing further up the field. He does some outrageous things on the ball and you pay your money to see players who are excited and are having fun out there on the pitch.

If there are three players we need to bring in this window for me would be, Ndicka, (Mady Camara and Mo Kudus are hard to separate), but I will go for Kudus, and the icing on the cake would be to prise Tete from his present club (his contract expires in 2023).

We only have money to cover these, Lacroix would be a good investment, but with Rodgers still, here, he will be looking to play a back three, with all this talent available to him. That would mean Rodgers's indecision will impact Barnes unless he chooses to play him in a two up front.

34 minutes ago, An Sionnach said:

Clubs offload players deemed not good enough or surplus to requirement. For the life of me I can't see what good they are to us. We are trying to replace a core player and that is bound to be expensive and difficult.

...you are not going to be enquiring about a player's availability unless you believe he will be of value to your club, we are not seeking to pick up other clubs' "hand-me-downs"!!!

16 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...Lacroix is 22, 3 years older than Fofana when we bought him for the same fee!!!

Three seasons in the Premier League and we can shift him on for double the fee when he is in his prime. On the face of it, a sound investment.

I am even more excited by Ndicka, he looks like a defender who thinks he should be playing further up the field. He does some outrageous things on the ball and you pay your money to see players who are excited and are having fun out there on the pitch.

If there are three players we need to bring in this window for me would be, Ndicka, (Mady Camara and Mo Kudus are hard to separate), but I will go for Kudus, and the icing on the cake would be to prise Tete from his present club (his contract expires in 2023).

We only have money to cover these, Lacroix would be a good investment, but with Rodgers still, here, he will be looking to play a back three, with all this talent available to him. That would mean Rodgers's indecision will impact Barnes unless he chooses to play him in a two up front.

Never seen him play but you’ve sold him to me..

35 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

Any idea how much Ndcika would cost he looks a real talent.

I cant understand the hesistancy in signing this quality of player.

There's profit in them after they prove themselves and you just know the ones that have that extra talent.

• Like 1

This guy is similar to Soyuncu in both good and bad. Definitely cult status potential for sure!

Personally I’d like us to sign Tasoba. He’s an absolute unit who is fantastic in the air but also very comfortable with his feet. He’s ok for pace too. He’d probably cost a ton - 45m potentially, but he’s mentally strong and would improve our set pieces issue. 

This guy would be fun to watch though, and would make the high press more effective. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I'd still take Dawson from WH proven at this level and guaranteed Goals.

He'd cost very little while we sort ourselves out and sign a few younger options to take us forward.

Isn't he injured? 

1 hour ago, Clever Fox said:

I'd still take Dawson from WH proven at this level and guaranteed Goals.

He'd cost very little while we sort ourselves out and sign a few younger options to take us forward.

Him and Johnny in tandem? Are we playing walking football now??

Edited by mozartfox
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, reynard said:

I can't see us paying that much. We also need to get rid of more players before we can sign anyone even with Fofana leaving.

The noises coming from the club are, the only reason we're selling Fofana is to get some signings done. 

1 hour ago, Danny280995 said:

We would pay that much, I think it will be triggered tomorrow.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, StriderHiryu said:

This guy is similar to Soyuncu in both good and bad. Definitely cult status potential for sure!

Personally I’d like us to sign Tasoba. He’s an absolute unit who is fantastic in the air but also very comfortable with his feet. He’s ok for pace too. He’d probably cost a ton - 45m potentially, but he’s mentally strong and would improve our set pieces issue. 

This guy would be fun to watch though, and would make the high press more effective. 

Are you talking about Ndicka or Lacroix in the first para above?

Edited by Sunbury Fox

21 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

I don't see the problem if Lacroix is good enough even at 34 million and given his age he would be a good signing.

Then when he proves himself we can sell him on for 80 + million in a few years.

I've seen milk turn quicker.

• Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Clever Fox said:

Any idea how much Ndcika would cost he looks a real talent.

I cant understand the hesistancy in signing this quality of player.

There's profit in them after they prove themselves and you just know the ones that have that extra talent.

...Transfer Market has him at £28.8m, with his contract expiring June 2023!!!

• Like 1