Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

5 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Don't think like that.   We don't know what the future holds.

2 months ago, we had people believing that we were beyond hope and would never see a decent away end again.   Well here we are, and have rather surprised ourselves.    Just enjoy it.  

With our finances and point deductions coming up ... we could be doing it again in a couple of years!

I hope you are right.  We all have problems and worries in life but for a few hours yesterday nothing and I mean nothing else mattered.  That feeling is a drug and you just want more when youve had it.  I guess this is the comedown/hangover 😂😂

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

Almost 24 hours on and it's near enough all I've thought about all day.  I'm not an obsessive and I have a life away from Leicester city but jeeeez I have to say it again.  F**k that was good.  But I'm also a little sad.  Nothing is going to match that in terms of atmosphere and feel good factor. I've accepted it.  Nothing in 30 years before has and I doubt I'll get that again.  I hope I'm wrong but that really was way beyond the ordinary 

On the upside though, there's no way it can be as bleak as it must be for Preston. Play in an absolute dump, every fan gets three seats, no atmosphere unless it's generated by the quarter of the ground they give to away fans, awful team lacking even a single player who seems to give a shit. I mean, **** me that club desperately needs Nigel Pearson to come in and rip everything up.

• Like 2

56 minutes ago, Nolucklcfc said:

The only one I can think of that runs it close was Brugge but even then I don’t think it gets better than last night 

Brugge was different scenario though, as others have said only really Bolton is the equivalent.

Plus Brugge was bloody hot! 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, rugbyblue said:

I hope you are right.  We all have problems and worries in life but for a few hours yesterday nothing and I mean nothing else mattered.  That feeling is a drug and you just want more when youve had it.  I guess this is the comedown/hangover 😂😂

I totally agree.   Every time I've been in a great crowd with a fantastic atmosphere, or even just one great moment in a match (injury time winner) ... you want that feeling again and again.   It is a drug, more addictive than crack cocaine or any other substance.   I've been addicted for 50+ years and no chance of weaning myself off it.

I understand the comedown/hangover.   I felt a bit like that after the 2016 Premier League win.   That was different though because I knew I'd never feel like that again.   But you just deal with it, and look forward to the next great moment.  :scarf:

Just now, worth_the_wait said:

I totally agree.   Every time I've been in a great crowd with a fantastic atmosphere, or even just one great moment in a match (injury time winner) ... you want that feeling again and again.   It is a drug, more addictive than crack cocaine or any other substance.   I've been addicted for 50+ years and no chance of weaning myself off it.

I understand the comedown/hangover.   I felt a bit like that after the 2016 Premier League win.   That was different though because I knew I'd never feel like that again.   But you just deal with it, and look forward to the next great moment.  :scarf:

After we won the Premier League I almost immediately felt down as I knew the team would be broken up and we’d not see them play again or be able to mount a reasonable defence - not sure if I have bipolar tendencies 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, CrazyKopCorner said:

After we won the Premier League I almost immediately felt down as I knew the team would be broken up and we’d not see them play again or be able to mount a reasonable defence - not sure if I have bipolar tendencies 

Endorphins are a funny thing, also we only failed to mount a reasonable defence of the title because the rules changed about defenders bullying players in the box. Hence we did well in the champions league where we could play like the season before without being punished.

Edited by tinpot_fox
So I didn’t add another reply.
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Agree with every word.  I'm the same.  Addicted.  I'll keep feeding the craving looking for that rush for a few years yet don't worry 😂

Wow this is quite deep and emotional for foxes talk isn't it 😂😂

34 minutes ago, Holly B said:

Think we ought to give a bit of credit to Preston in terms of the stewarding 

To say there were quite a few people standing where they possibly shouldn’t have been would be a massive understatement 

We have all been to grounds where the stewards have been right little Hitlers and completely ruined the atmosphere but last night they pretty much let us get on with it. We helped ourselves by being joyous without being total pricks ( maybe one or two exceptions … ) so it does work both ways

Agree.  Stewards were great.  A few were even chatty with us.  But I thought Leicester fans were great.  Yes it was wild yes it was rowdy as hell but it was good natured....not even a sniff of aggro and 99 per cent were just happy and didnt behave like c0cks as you say.  

On 01/05/2024 at 20:52, An Away Move said:

Some inspiration!

I was meant to go to a Dortmund game about 11 years ago. Stupidly forgot my passport was still in Leicester and not where I lived at the time (id flown recently but it was to Scotland...idiot). They lost the game 5-0.

• Haha 1

Posted (edited)

The music was a bit pathetic from the club I won't lie lol

Seems we didn't have a big enough CD either for more songs/ones actually synonymous with our club

But heigh ho it was a laugh and to see us lift a trophy is more than many can say let alone what we've achieved over the last decade or so. Up the foxes with plenty of beer :scarf:

Edited by HybridFox

Absolutely pathetic effort from everyone in G1/G2 and SK2/3/4. Felt like a pointless midtable league fixture at points. You’d think we were getting relegated instead of winning the title. Seriously seriously needs addressing the lack of atmosphere in them areas if they all can’t seem to even be interested on a day like this. On another note, fuvking massive fair play to UFS, that Tifo was second to none and one of the only good things in our club outside of the team.