Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
1884Man

Stadium atmosphere

8 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

Last night was absolutely brilliant.   It was a very rare situation that I can't remember us having in the last 50 years, ie win and we actually achieve something (win a trophy).  I'm excluding "win and we get to a final" type cup or playoff games.   I can't remember another away game where a win has definitely meant a title, a promotion or avoiding relegation ... and actually doing it and getting a win!

Even going back to 1980 when we took 10,000 to Orient, it wasn't quite in our hands as Sunderland had a game in hand and we needed them to drop a point for us to be certain of the title ... which they did half an hour after our game had finished.   Possibly away to Portsmouth in 1971, but I can't quite remember the exact details of that season.    Since then though, we've generally won titles/won promotion/avoided relegation either when we were at home, or when we weren't even playing.

Plus last night we had a great end.  One nice solid square chunk of steep rake seats.   A full 5700 away following at Preston's ground is about as good as it gets.   Most other clubs wouldn't give that many tickets for a league match.  Blackburn possibly, but their end is split into upper and lower tiers, so not as good.

What I'm getting at is ... last night was unique in the last 50 years, certainly for an away league match.  Don't expect the same on Saturday!    But it's great to be reminded that we've still got it in us.  I jumped around and sang so much, I actually felt a bit ill when I calmed down afterwards.   Definitely an age thing, but who cares?

It was a fantastic night ... even if I didn't get back till 03.00 thanks to lots of road closures.   

Yeh good point, think Deepdale was the perfect ground for us last night. Only other one I can think of with that sort of size and layout is Barnsley? Have some good memories there too.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, HybridFox said:

Weirdly not sure how it's gonna compare at the weekend. Would be nice if the club let the post match songs dictate themselves. Fans will stay back. Then blasting out 3 Kungs and whatever songs they force down us. Although would like when you're smiling played when we're parading the trophy with Top

Likely to be similar to what the club played post match yesterday at their stadium watchalong session. WYS / Voulez Vous / Wonderwall / I predict a riot etc. Worked really well for a singalong. 

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, BrummieFOX said:

Yeh good point, think Deepdale was the perfect ground for us last night. Only other one I can think of with that sort of size and layout is Barnsley? Have some good memories there too.

Yep.  Good point Barnsley great away end.  And maybe also Wigan would give you a whole end.   That's about it.

21 minutes ago, SemperEadem said:

Blackburn and Bolton

Yeah, I was thinking Preston/Barnsley/Wigan are the best, as they have one contiguous chunk of seating.  

Blackburn and Bolton are split upper/lower tiers, which are usually not quite as for singing together.

25 minutes ago, Stuntman_Mike said:

Last night has left me on a real high, not sure I can wait until August for an away game.

Hopefully we get an interesting pre season awayer.

German terrace would be superb (yes LCFC there's a club what really want to do it) - late July, just before their Pokal game. 

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, CosbehFox said:

German terrace would be superb (yes LCFC there's a club what really want to do it) - late July, just before their Pokal game. 

A few of us are actually over there that weekend for a wedding.

Dunno if Bochum would offer it again after LCFC knocked them back for a ‘bigger club’.

12 minutes ago, Itsthejoeker said:

Anyone who went to Huddersfield ten years ago, how did last night compare?

No comparison.   

10 years ago, we were already confirmed champions before going to Huddersfield, so there was no "tension" as such.

A nice easy 2-0 win, but we did have a mini pitch invasion at the end ... albeit mostly confined to in front of the away fans, rather than the whole pitch!

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, worth_the_wait said:

No comparison.   

10 years ago, we were already confirmed champions before going to Huddersfield, so there was no "tension" as such.

A nice easy 2-0 win, but we did have a mini pitch invasion at the end ... albeit mostly confined to in front of the away fans, rather than the whole pitch!

IIRC their fans ran on as well, but in our end on the pitch I’m sure Nigel was amongst the fans, long time ago now but I’m certain I saw him.

3 minutes ago, promised land said:

IIRC their fans ran on as well, but in our end on the pitch I’m sure Nigel was amongst the fans, long time ago now but I’m certain I saw him.

He was. I was on the pitch and he was a few metres away singing along to “One Nigel Pearson”. Was a fantastic day out but more of a festival atmosphere than last night which was bordering on feral (in a good way). 

4 minutes ago, Dan LCFC said:

Up there with the best away end I've ever been in. Preston away really was the perfect fixture we could've had in many ways.

The only one I can think of that runs it close was Brugge but even then I don’t think it gets better than last night 

• Like 1

Almost 24 hours on and it's near enough all I've thought about all day.  I'm not an obsessive and I have a life away from Leicester city but jeeeez I have to say it again.  F**k that was good.  But I'm also a little sad.  Nothing is going to match that in terms of atmosphere and feel good factor. I've accepted it.  Nothing in 30 years before has and I doubt I'll get that again.  I hope I'm wrong but that really was way beyond the ordinary 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, rugbyblue said:

Almost 24 hours on and it's near enough all I've thought about all day.  I'm not an obsessive and I have a life away from Leicester city but jeeeez I have to say it again.  F**k that was good.  But I'm also a little sad.  Nothing is going to match that in terms of atmosphere and feel good factor. I've accepted it.  Nothing in 30 years before has and I doubt I'll get that again.  I hope I'm wrong but that really was way beyond the ordinary 

Don't think like that.   We don't know what the future holds.

2 months ago, we had people believing that we were beyond hope and would never see a decent away end again.   Well here we are, and have rather surprised ourselves.    Just enjoy it.  

With our finances and point deductions coming up ... we could be doing it again in a couple of years!

• Like 2