Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Deathlist 2023

1 hour ago, The Syrup said:

Yep, quite funny back in the day. Decent theme tune as I recall as well.

One minute starring in Bread, the next you're brown bread. RIP

Yeah was quite funny,  you mentioned the theme tune and whilst not heard it in what 30yr I reeled off a few bars without even thinking about it, not word perfect but something like “gotta get up gotta get out and give the world a shout” and then something about “buy it..sell it” which I think Jean did the voice bit for if I remember rightly.

1 hour ago, Andy11111 said:

They used to all sit down for dinner and stick cash in that pot on the table from what I can remember 😆 

Loved it too. Joey used to put the most in the pot from a few shady deals, the other brother, an aspiring poet didn't. Neither did the aspiring model sister, Avaline.

Can't remember what I was doing this morning but I remember all that from 30 years ago!

8 hours ago, Andy11111 said:

Can't remember what channel it was but they were showing re runs of it a while ago, used to show a lot of auf weidersehen pet aswell 😁 classic

Yes, think some channel also recently showed the eighties award winning  'The boys from the black stuff' which Jean was also in.  Think she played a DHSS official, rather different from her bread role!   Geez that was 40 years ago, no wonder I feel old!  😁

5 hours ago, Torquay Gunner said:

Yes, think some channel also recently showed the eighties award winning  'The boys from the black stuff' which Jean was also in.  Think she played a DHSS official, rather different from her bread role!   Geez that was 40 years ago, no wonder I feel old!  😁

gizza job!

On 26/09/2023 at 01:17, PAULCFC said:

Shame that....used to love The invisable man!

Funny you should say that...

On 09/09/2023 at 22:34, SpacedX said:

Who remembers 'The Invisible Man' featuring David McCallum as Dr. Daniel Westin? Woke up this morning with the theme music inexplicably resounding in my head. 

1 hour ago, Foxdiamond said:

A wonderful player

He certainly was - and I remember him for that as opposed to his ill fated Chairmanship at Man City. I always find it tragic when a club legend sullies the memory of their heydey by returning in an unsuccessful capacity. 

The first thing that enters my head when anyone says Franny Lee, is: 'interesting...very interesting...Ohhh! Look at his face...just look at his face". The second is his bog roll business that Peter Kay once worked for! 

RIP. 

Edited by SpacedX
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, SpacedX said:

He certainly was - and I remember him for that as opposed to his ill fated Chairmanship at Man City. I always find it tragic then a club legend sullies the memory of their heydey by returning in an unsuccessful capacity. 

The first thing that enters my head when anyone says Franny Lee, is: 'interesting...very interesting...Ohhh! Look at his face...just look at his face". The second is his bog roll business that Peter Kay once worked for! 

RIP. 

Yes  wonderful commentary from Barry Davies. Also I seem to remember the bog roll business made Franny a lot of money

Just now, Foxdiamond said:

Yes  wonderful commentary from Barry Davies. Also I seem to remember the bog roll business made Franny a lot of money

He pledged to upgrade the Kippax and throw himself off it if they got relegated, which they did after appointing best mate Alan Ball to manage the team.