Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
urban.spaceman

Deathlist 2023

36 minutes ago, Tuna said:

What sad news about Matthew Perry, Chandler was my favourite character in Friends and I watched every episode. Tragic.

DAMN!   Those celebrity LA bathtubs are dangerous- remind me never to buy one.
Whitney Houston went the same way!

3 hours ago, EastAnglianFox said:

The Nottingham Panthers ice hockey player who had his throat cut by a skate in a freak accident last night has unfortunately passed away 

Saw a clip of that earlier and it’s the definition of a freak accident. The immediate reaction from the referee and players at the sheer amount of blood is harrowing. Just awful.

• Sad 1

Charlie Aitken, the long-serving Aston Villa defender died yesterday. City fans of my generation will remember his name from our games against Villa in the 1960s and 1970s. In fact, he scored against us at Villa Park in a 2-2 draw on 28th August 1965 in the then League Division One.

Edited by String fellow
  • Sad 1

• 3 weeks later...
58 minutes ago, urban.spaceman said:

Henry Kissinger, 100.

The master of Realpolitik, with all the consequences that brings.  Hard to imagine someone of such influence with so little concern for the impacts of his decisions or advise on anyone outside his interest these days.  In the West at least.

Edited by Jon the Hat
  • Like 2

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

The master of Realpolitik, with all the consequences that brings.  Hard to imagine someone of such influence with so little concern for the impacts of his decisions or advise on anyone outside his interest these days.  In the West at least.

A truly despicable man.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, urban.spaceman said:

Henry Kissinger, 100.

"I've never wished a man dead, but I have read some obituaries with great pleasure." - Clarence Darrow

4 hours ago, Jon the Hat said:

Speaking personally, I can imagine there are a great many people of such influence and with such little care for people outside their particular interest in the western world today. They're just not as obviously placed as he was.

• Like 2