Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sly

Leicester City FC Women Transfers

4 minutes ago, Sly said:

It feels like we’re reacting to the position we’re in.

I don't think there is any doubt that we are. It's just a shame we can't strengthen more before Sunday, Sunday's an important and winnable game. I'm expecting to see both signings start. 

https://www.lcfc.com/news/3029593/georgia-brougham-leaves-lcfc-women

LCFC Women can confirm that Georgia Brougham has left the Club following the termination of her contract via mutual consent.

- Defender departs LCFC Women by mutual consent
- The 26-year-old joined the Foxes in 2021 

The 26-year-old joined the Foxes during the 2021 summer transfer window ahead of their maiden season in the Barclays Women’s Super League. A successful campaign followed as Georgia helped City retain their WSL status.

LCFC Women would like to place on record its thanks to Georgia for her contribution and wish her well for the next phase of her career.

It's like walking through an evolving door with the women's team. 

If the men's team had players contracts "mutually terminated" so often, it'd be a different world.

Hopefully they'll stabilise more with the current managers tactics and players he wants in those roles.

4 minutes ago, HighPeakFox said:

Can a door ACTUALLY evolve? :P

For the love of God I did not say that 🤫🤐. What I meant was, the players in the club are like an evolving door.

He say.... Caught!

Mens game is where £££££££ are involved and I hope that the women's game also becomes better and stronger.

But at this moment in time, it is probably an unwanted distraction for the club as all resources, so be it coaching,.money needs to be pumped into the mens team as we are dancing around the Relegation zone and in BIG trouble

Let's be frank, the LCFC women's team is a joke and probably would not be able to compete with a U16 boys team. 

As I said, women's game is important but at this moment in time, really do not give a damm.

Serious question. Are there any FFP type rules in place in the women's game? Seems that the top teams are still the same as the usual suspects in the men's game (greedy 6 etc) which implies those clubs splashing the cash to get the best players.

if so, presumably they have to have separate accounting or what is to stop them just using money from the mens team sponsors, commercial activity etc.

16 minutes ago, urban fox said:

Serious question. Are there any FFP type rules in place in the women's game? Seems that the top teams are still the same as the usual suspects in the men's game (greedy 6 etc) which implies those clubs splashing the cash to get the best players.

if so, presumably they have to have separate accounting or what is to stop them just using money from the mens team sponsors, commercial activity etc.

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there is a rule whereby the clubs that qualify for the men's Champions League must allocate a certain amount of their income to their women's teams. Or that they can offset the costs of running their women's team against FFP. Something like that. Which to me just helps to ensure that the women's game looks like the men's game in terms of which clubs are successful.

Edited by SouthStandUpperTier

4 hours ago, urban fox said:

It's not just the money players attracted to them due to their status in the men's game and because the media including the BBC chooses to show more greedy 6 linked clubs than any others. 

It's fast becoming a clone of the PL Mens game. 

It would have been much better if they were independent of the men's clubs as they were for many years, sure they may have developed more slowly but we could have ended up with a balanced and financially fair league where all teams stood a chance of success.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, SouthStandUpperTier said:

I'm sure someone will correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe there is a rule whereby the clubs that qualify for the men's Champions League must allocate a certain amount of their income to their women's teams. Or that they can offset the costs of running their women's team against FFP. Something like that. Which to me just helps to ensure that the women's game looks like the men's game in terms of which clubs are successful.

...I  do recall a member of the board saying that our failure to qualify for the Champions League meant the ladies team missing out on finance!!!

1 hour ago, davieG said:

It's not just the money players attracted to them due to their status in the men's game and because the media including the BBC chooses to show more greedy 6 linked clubs than any others. 

It's fast becoming a clone of the PL Mens game. 

It would have been much better if they were independent of the men's clubs as they were for many years, sure they may have developed more slowly but we could have ended up with a balanced and financially fair league where all teams stood a chance of success.

I agree with some of your points and wished that lessons had been learned from the men’s game but if there was no affiliation with men’s teams there would be no women’s games as it is now. Affiliation has brought in supporters who weren’t bothered before, it has also transformed girls grassroots football and at the top level, the academy’s the standard is getting very high. Easily as good as the boys they play against at the same ages in many instances. 

1 hour ago, Vlad the Fox said:

I agree with some of your points and wished that lessons had been learned from the men’s game but if there was no affiliation with men’s teams there would be no women’s games as it is now. Affiliation has brought in supporters who weren’t bothered before, it has also transformed girls grassroots football and at the top level, the academy’s the standard is getting very high. Easily as good as the boys they play against at the same ages in many instances. 

As I said development would have been slower but there were already quite a number of established women's clubs like Doncaster Belles who have been in effect cast aside by the big PL clubs. I'm also sure that if those existing clubs had been given the massive amount of exposure the PL linked clubs have had then the Women's game would still have grown a fair bit.

Anyway it's all too late the cast has been made and it wont change but I've not got any great desire to follow LCFC Women's team that have little or no chance of winning anything as like the men's team they'll never be able to match the money and Kudos the Super6 have. 

2 minutes ago, davieG said:

As I said development would have been slower but there were already quite a number of established women's clubs like Doncaster Belles who have been in effect cast aside by the big PL clubs. I'm also sure that if those existing clubs had been given the massive amount of exposure the PL linked clubs have had then the Women's game would still have grown a fair bit.

Anyway it's all too late the cast has been made and it wont change but I've not got any great desire to follow LCFC Women's team that have little or no chance of winning anything as like the men's team they'll never be able to match the money and Kudos the Super6 have. 

...it is nice to win trophies, but just good to support the team!!!

It feels very familiar in relation to the men's team's position, back in the days, on the outside, looking in. It will be good to watch us grow and dream of going to finals and competing with the big boys, as I said a very familiar feeling.