Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Bundesliga 22/23

It was so there for BVB..We just can’t turn major games to our advantage..

Well Mainz05 ,were definitely not on the Beach..

Bayern should of this season,been left well behind,but like tradition shouts out,

The others including Dortmund, are so duff,to take advantage, & again mental strength fails BVB, then Bayern deliver when it matters..

29 minutes ago, Mark_w said:

Just VAR a penalty it's ****ing boring Bayern always winning it.

It will be a miracle..when they don’t..

The football between 2nd and 20th can be quite magic sometimes..

but Bayern are just so far in front ( without Arab millions) hate them yes,

but Hoeness put an organisation muster inside them,where others can’t compete,often because of poor intern politics,or disruptions…

Any bad headlines for Bayern,they just lap it up, ride it & get on with it,no matter how

many manager disruptions they have…

I hate them ,like I hate Arsenal( traditional dislike) & Man.city ( Arab unsatuable millions & FFP trangretions  )

Why was Mainz try so hard and playing so well? What was in it for them?

I thought the whole of Germany was rooting for bayern to not win the title this year?

dortmund bottled it in the 1st half epic arsenal style. Too too late at the end. Such a shame to lose out like that. Gutting!

6 hours ago, Gazza3 said:

Back to second League for Schalke. I m sure we will be back straight away. At least Dortmund blew it . 

Look I am through & through BVB…But I really don’t understand how Schalke has

slipped so low over these many past seasons.There was a time they would look

down financially at clubs like Leipzig…Union Berlin..

Dortmund have their stories of woe,but Schalke’s lack of club general organisation

& investment has been staggering..They are (were) a stable competitive Bundesliga

story…

Forget the BVB - Schalke rivalry and drop dead banter…The were special days out.

Maybe both just became too middle class & their boards take too much hype on board..

49 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Look I am through & through BVB…But I really don’t understand how Schalke has

slipped so low over these many past seasons.There was a time they would look

down financially at clubs like Leipzig…Union Berlin..

Dortmund have their stories of woe,but Schalke’s lack of club general organisation

& investment has been staggering..They are (were) a stable competitive Bundesliga

story…

Forget the BVB - Schalke rivalry and drop dead banter…The were special days out.

Maybe both just became too middle class & their boards take too much hype on board..

I saw a video about Schalke's downfall. If I'm not mistaken, a lot of it boils down to a lack of good players coming from their acsademy which used to serve them so well and that they started paying over the odds for average players from other Bundesliga clubs. 

7 hours ago, CosbehFox said:

A story better for the soul is Union Berlin making the CL. 

That’s Conference League, Europa League and now Champions League in three seasons. 

Freiburg making the Europa League again after narrowly missing out on the champions league is worth a mention too. Good club that are regularly punching above their weight. 

Berlin has massively underachieved as a football city over the years. It really is long overdue that the city be represented in the champions league. 

That was just brutal.  I don't particularly hate Bayern - they're far from the worst of the big clubs.  I just hate all the big clubs winning constantly.  Dortmund should have had about six goals in the second half alone - there was one where Haller headed his teammate's free kick wide when it was going in the top corner.  But by the last few minutes most of them looked like they'd just given up.  Guess none of them saw the Man City-QPR game.

1 minute ago, Deeg67 said:

That was just brutal.  I don't particularly hate Bayern - they're far from the worst of the big clubs.  I just hate all the big clubs winning constantly.  Dortmund should have had about six goals in the second half alone - there was one where Haller headed his teammate's free kick wide when it was going in the top corner.  But by the last few minutes most of them looked like they'd just given up.  Guess none of them saw the Man City-QPR game.

Of all the elite clubs in Europe, Bayern are probably the most respectable. They're not state-owned, they don't circumnavigate the German 50+1 rule, they hold open training sessions, they keep their standing season tickets very well-priced and every year they send at least one player to represent the club for Oktoberfest. 

Having said that, them winning the league every season is boring and does pose somewhat of a threat to the 50+1 rule because opposition to it might see the only way of breaking Bayern's dominance is to allow external investors. 

• Like 3

7 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

Freiburg making the Europa League again after narrowly missing out on the champions league is worth a mention too. Good club that are regularly punching above their weight

They've done a Leicester lol

8 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

I saw a video about Schalke's downfall. If I'm not mistaken, a lot of it boils down to a lack of good players coming from their acsademy which used to serve them so well and that they started paying over the odds for average players from other Bundesliga clubs. 

Very average, & in German football transfers ..over the top transfer & wages..

Some seemed  the cross clubs ‘for the boys’ clique..

Like I said BVB fan,but still quite sad..