Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
BenTheFox

Bundesliga 22/23

4 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

Very average, & in German football transfers ..over the top transfer & wages..

Some seemed  the cross clubs ‘for the boys’ clique..

Like I said BVB fan,but still quite sad..

On another note, it's incredible how many big clubs find themselves in 2. Bundesliga. Next season there will be Hertha Berlin, Schalke, Kaiserslautern, Nürnberg and probably one of HSV or Stuttgart. In recent years Werder Bremen and Köln have been down there and Borussia Mönchengladbach have been there within the last 20 years. 

16 hours ago, Gazza3 said:

Back to second League for Schalke. I m sure we will be back straight away. At least Dortmund blew it . 

I reckon it’s more sad watching Bayern grab it, even More sad than our local rivalary

cops up to…There might be the city & land(county) boundaries,

but again Scheis Bayern..!!!
I was 8 when I fell in love with BVB,as my 2nd club,then coincidently worked/lived a few years …The old factories & miners rift,between the clubs fans really died when

the major industries ,bread on the table did…Though some hardenned youths,

try to keep it going,plus the traditional older banter rocks up every Derby.

Not like every day, when they live and worked together…

2 minutes ago, fuchsntf said:

I reckon it’s more sad watching Bayern grab it, even More sad than our local rivalary

cops up to…There might be the city & land(county) boundaries,

but again Scheis Bayern..!!!
I was 8 when I fell in love with BVB,as my 2nd club,then coincidently worked/lived a few years …The old factories & miners rift,between the clubs fans really died when

the major industries ,bread on the table did…Though some hardenned youths,

try to keep it going,plus the traditional older banter rocks up every Derby.

Not like every day, when they live and worked together…

It's such a crazy part of the world. It's basically 4 cities that make one really big city. Sometimes it's hard to know when you are in Dortmund, Bochum, Gelsenkirchen or Essen. 

10 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

It's such a crazy part of the world. It's basically 4 cities that make one really big city. Sometimes it's hard to know when you are in Dortmund, Bochum, Gelsenkirchen or Essen. 

The scent in Dortmund is usually urine so that gives it away.

• Haha 1

6 hours ago, BenTheFox said:

On another note, it's incredible how many big clubs find themselves in 2. Bundesliga. Next season there will be Hertha Berlin, Schalke, Kaiserslautern, Nürnberg and probably one of HSV or Stuttgart. In recent years Werder Bremen and Köln have been down there and Borussia Mönchengladbach have been there within the last 20 years. 

Yes thes last 40 yes have really took the wind out of the Real big  German clubs sails..more so Shalke,Gladbach,HsV. and the old otto Rehagels  Bremen..

Kaiserlauten were never an automatic BL side,but had a great run period  like City,that opened up the BL for awhile..

BvB were able to hold their high status after their first struggles & Frankie Mill,rides that Legend status..That abled us to take a couple of championship trophies...and we did really bottle a few more..ditto this season...

Once a few years ago Hoeness was asked how Bayern managed to steal the title despite their struggles...

He said..first that EOS mental strength,

Squad organisation,but having put & keeping good individual player pressure.

An arm around the shoulder is only a short thought,because these guys or any Bayern player needs to be occasionally told.".You signed into the Bayern family..prove you earn the teammates & fans respect"

Plus the other clubs seem too duff to take advantage....( With a wry smile)

On 02/06/2023 at 22:57, Lionator said:

If you include this assuming a Stuttgart win, only 3 of the last 15 relegation play offs have ended up with the teams swapping divisions. 

If it was similar in English football, do you reckon we’d beat Luton? 

It would be interesting to see if the outcomes of their system (which is in theory fairer but often much less interesting) would be any different of the game was turned into a one-off final instead of two legs.

58 minutes ago, BenTheFox said:

HSV seem to have rinsed all their luck in the mid-2010's when they kept surviving by their skin of their teeth. Now they can't find a way out of the second tier. 

Hopefully the same will eventually happen to Everton in this country. 

• 4 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 months later...

Prices are a bit out of date, but even so..

One reply:

For context the remise of what he says is right, their Season Tickets low price (about €165 euros) only apply in the standing area where their ‘Ultras’ stand, and it’s a small section. Other non standing parts the cheapest is roughly €400 euros, and go up to about €1000 euros.

1 hour ago, SkidsFox said:

Prices are a bit out of date, but even so..

One reply:

Saw something the other day that suggested that Spurs average about £100 per person per home game.

Say they get 25 home games in a season after the 19 league games, few in Europe and a couple in the cups... in their 62k stadium they're pulling in more than £150m.

• Like 1

On 28/05/2023 at 08:41, BenTheFox said:

This past weekend more fans attended games in the Bundesliga 2 than the Bundesliga 

14 hours ago, Voll Blau said:

Oh look, organised fan power winning again while England has divs like Wor Flags sucking up to the horrific regime that owns their club.

I wouldnt be so sure our fans wouldnt do the same if we were bought by PIF.