Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

Was gunna say it mentions Swansea but also if they weren’t asking 6m,8m10m & the manager was really really liking the way he played then I’m sure if it was us/Enzo we would have been able to pay the 5m-5.5m at most of what they wanted.

We’ll see in 4mths or so I guess.

50 minutes ago, lcfc_forever said:

Reporting that McAtee was indeed at Seagrave and Man City wanted him to sign for us but McAtee was adamant about signing for Sheff Utd.  

https://x.com/nathanh79/status/1700464066098045107?s=46&t=5dEusx6GpOJy2u7qXWRC0g

Yep

seems that enzo also knows we lack creativity in the midfield 

surprised that we chucked all our eggs in one basket though 

• Like 1

If Man U weren’t so badly run we could have got Danny Van De Beek but now looks like after messing his career about he’s off to Turkey.

I know he’s had his injury issue but he could have been a very good/great loan signing as plays in all central areas, he’d be good Winks cover but also as 1 of those 8s.

Whether he’d be to proud to drop to championship is a question but EFL or Turkey, I know where I’d try and get my career back on track.

10 minutes ago, Drink Water said:

More promising and ambitious than Turkey, seeing it as a way to come back to the Prem via Leicester.

Not really. If it's Gala or Fenerbahce he will be in European competition where a handful of decent performances can be enough to drum up interest from European sides. Galatasary are in the same CL group as Man Utd so that might be extra motivation. That's as well as being able to win the league in Turkey too and experience the intercontinental derby which pretty much shits on anything he'd get in the championship.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, JimJams said:

Not really. If it's Gala or Fenerbahce he will be in European competition where a handful of decent performances can be enough to drum up interest from European sides. Galatasary are in the same CL group as Man Utd so that might be extra motivation. That's as well as being able to win the league in Turkey too and experience the intercontinental derby which pretty much shits on anything he'd get in the championship.

You're underrating Leicester's pull and the money aspect too. 

24 minutes ago, Drink Water said:

Many on here over estimate our pull which is proven by the McAtee situation. How many on the McAtee thread were swearing blind that he would choose us over Sheff Utd due to our pull and Maresca being more of a pull than the now Premier League side he played for last season? Loads and as expected, Premier League was more of a pull than Leicester.

1 hour ago, Drink Water said:

The money aspect? With Icardi on £120k a week, Zaha 85k, Ndombele, Ziyech all on tidy sums I think maybe you're underestimating things. And pull? Gala in the champions league or us in the champonship? We've been outdone by new premier league clubs so not sure why you think we have a bigger pull right now than a club in the CL.

@LCFCJohn @JimJams With us, its not a short term fix. Players see our journey and what has happened, they see our history, they also see our plans and capabilities to get back to our heyday. With a confident owner who is fully backing his new manager, Leicester are in the long-game. Short-sighted players might want to kick the ball around in the Champions League with Turkish clubs, its not like they will go far in that competition if we're being real. Whereas Leicester actually look like a club that can go on to achieve bigger things.

24 minutes ago, Drink Water said:

@LCFCJohn @JimJams With us, it’s not a short term fix. Players see our journey and what has happened, they see our history, they also see our plans and capabilities to get back to our heyday. With a confident owner who is fully backing his new manager, Leicester are in the long-game. Short-sighted players might want to kick the ball around in the Champions League with Turkish clubs, it’s not like they will go far in that competition if we're being real. Whereas Leicester actually look like a club that can go on to achieve bigger things.

It’s not clear cut. Players will want different things. Some will opt for the longer project and others will go for the play in Europe now. To suggest we have a bigger pull than Turkish giants whilst in the Championship is subjective. To suggest we would be more attractive as a general rule is a bit of blue tinted specs which is fair as we are support Leicester.

As I say, it’s not like they are more attractive to all players either. Just depends. But there has been a lot overestimating our pull over the likes of Sheffield United with McAtee.

1 hour ago, LCFCJohn said:

It’s not clear cut. Players will want different things. Some will opt for the longer project and others will go for the play in Europe now. To suggest we have a bigger pull than Turkish giants whilst in the Championship is subjective. To suggest we would be more attractive as a general rule is a bit of blue tinted specs which is fair as we are support Leicester.

As I say, it’s not like they are more attractive to all players either. Just depends. But there has been a lot overestimating our pull over the likes of Sheffield United with McAtee.

...it may have been interesting if Mcatee had not had last season at Sheffield!!!

Didn't he say Man C were keen for him to come to us but he wanted to go Sheff U, if that's the case how does it go down with MC management are they already lining him up for a perm move to Sheff U as he possibly has a blackmark against him?
Sounds petty but you bet it happens regardless of talent, i know we are not in the Clough era of cancelling contracts because a player parks in the managers space but there will certainly be a nose put out of joint.

Regardless of pull, He's done what he's done for the reasons he thinks is best for him but history will tell us if McAtee made the right choice, in general players that chase the money or go against a parent club often get found out.

3 hours ago, BKLFox said:

Didn't he say Man C were keen for him to come to us but he wanted to go Sheff U, if that's the case how does it go down with MC management are they already lining him up for a perm move to Sheff U as he possibly has a blackmark against him?
Sounds petty but you bet it happens regardless of talent, i know we are not in the Clough era of cancelling contracts because a player parks in the managers space but there will certainly be a nose put out of joint.

Regardless of pull, He's done what he's done for the reasons he thinks is best for him but history will tell us if McAtee made the right choice, in general players that chase the money or go against a parent club often get found out.

Can’t imagine it’d make a difference really as they will probably sell him. They sanctioned a move to Sheff Utd so doubt Man City are bothered really.

Also not like he’s chasing the money as it’s a loan move and Sheffield Utd are probably by now paying their players in bottles of Hendo’s sauce that they’ve bulk bought!

He purely wants to test himself at a higher level for a club he built an affinity with last season. Not sure how anybody can criticise him (not saying you are btw).

• Like 1