Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

@Ric Flair right you’ve sold it to me for Arnau Tenas. I watched the game yesterday and he was be decent also we could sign him no problem and he could be our number 1 for years to come! Didn’t we get a Barca B coach ? Maybe that could help 

14 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Nico O'Reilly & Ade Mebude (Man City), Reyes Cleary(WBA) and Jesurun Rak-Sakyi(Palace) are all potential loan players we're interested in. 

Cleary has 1 year on his contract according to transfermarkt.com, great goals return in PL2. Looks like he can play across a front 3. Lowdown please from the usual suspects...

1 minute ago, JimJams said:

Cleary has 1 year on his contract according to transfermarkt.com, great goals return in PL2. Looks like he can play across a front 3. Lowdown please from the usual suspects...

Would seem an odd one to loan mind.

18 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Nico O'Reilly & Ade Mebude (Man City), Reyes Cleary(WBA) and Jesurun Rak-Sakyi(Palace) are all potential loan players we're interested in. 

Why would WBA want to loan out on of their promising youngsters to a Championship rival?

27 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Mebude and Rak-Sakyi pacey right forwards. Would prefer the latter given his league experience. 

O’Relly looks far too young, wiry and would get completely bullied in the Champ.

Love the look of Cleary but why aren’t WBA playing him? Strange one 

6 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

It would be absolutely nonsensical if we weren't in for Alex Robertson. Which means we won't be.

I tell you what Ric, I hope I’m wrong but it’s starting to feel awfully like our other transfer windows. Our current squad I don’t think goes up as it lacks any bite for this level, as seen when we played Blackburn. 

43 minutes ago, Sankey93 said:

Any rumours on bobb, Borges ? 

Not names that have come up in conversation. Spent a couple of hours in the clubhouse today with my person.

Lots of irons in the fire, some will come off and some won't.  

Obviously we scout a lot of younger talent, the names mentioned are just a few that have been discussed  looked at.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Not names that have come up in conversation. Spent a couple of hours in the clubhouse today with my person.

Lots of irons in the fire, some will come off and some won't.  

Obviously we scout a lot of younger talent, the names mentioned are just a few that have been discussed  looked at.

I'm guessing Glover's gonna be extremely important for this rebuild. Is it correct to assume both coady and winks were from him? Doyle too, since Southampton signed a couple of man city youth players while he was there.

9 minutes ago, abdul_fox said:

I'm guessing Glover's gonna be extremely important for this rebuild. Is it correct to assume both coady and winks were from him? Doyle too, since Southampton signed a couple of man city youth players while he was there.

Both Winks and Coady were long term interests before Glover. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Sambiasso said:

Both Winks and Coady were long term interests before Glover. 

I find it really interesting that players that a club are interested in can out live a manager, head of recruitment etc...

I mean, it pretty obvious really, that there are people within those teams that will out live there bosses. But still. 

37 minutes ago, lcfc sheff said:

I tell you what Ric, I hope I’m wrong but it’s starting to feel awfully like our other transfer windows. Our current squad I don’t think goes up as it lacks any bite for this level, as seen when we played Blackburn. 

Yeah, I don't want to be negative but I personally think we'll make a right bollocks of this window. We ain't got the bumflufferies to sort it properly. 

5 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yeah, I don't want to be negative but I personally think we'll make a right bollocks of this window. We ain't got the bumflufferies to sort it properly. 

it always seems to feel like we have a decent list of primary targets… but as soon as we miss out on them things go to shit. 

There’s bound to be that one player we spend all summer after and just don’t get sorted 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Enzo’s had more players return this week. He’s probably having a look at them prior to making a decision. anyway, we’re not dragging our heels, we’re making decent signings. I’m sure now the u21 tournament is over we can expect to see us live for a few more younger players, especially a couple from Man City. 

...that would not prevent us from dealing with other players not part of the U21 tournament!!!

3 hours ago, Adster said:

Yeah. But just because there isn't rumours in a tabloid doesn't mean the club are sat on their arse twiddling their thumbs lol

Oh I agree with you that things will be happening. I guess it’s because not much comes out the blue now as transfers have just become a circus unfortunately. Even like Winks and Coady were known a while before. The exception recently would be Faes last summer as they seemed to come suddenly. 

So it does kind of seem like nothing is imminent based off that is what I’m getting at :dunno:

For what it’s worth, I would sooner it was something where it just came out the blue rather than the whole circus stuff!

3 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

We could probably buy him. They aren’t flush with cash so would probably sell. 

i think Clearly would be a buy as you said given WBA and their off the field issues, the 2 city players could easily be buys too but loans also