Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

3 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Nico O'Reilly & Ade Mebude (Man City), Reyes Cleary(WBA) and Jesurun Rak-Sakyi(Palace) are all potential loan players we're interested in. 

...this player is very exciting, just needs to learn to place the ball into the net rather than shooting at the keeper!!!

Those rumoured names show we may actually go for some wingers after all.

Rak-Sakyi could be an excellent addition, but it would fvcking hurt when he goes back to Palace and becomes part of their plans.

2 hours ago, Lambert09 said:

it always seems to feel like we have a decent list of primary targets… but as soon as we miss out on them things go to shit. 

There’s bound to be that one player we spend all summer after and just don’t get sorted 

Well it's clear one man is a ****ing useless ****, but I guess we will just have to accept it. We always fanny around with transfers, miss out and end up with 3rd rate shit. Its been the same ever since Rudkin got the job and will likely stay that way until the **** ****s off. 

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Foxin_Mad said:

Well it's clear one man is a ****ing useless ****, but I guess we will just have to accept it. We always fanny around with transfers, miss out and end up with 3rd rate shit. Its been the same ever since Rudkin got the job and will likely stay that way until the **** ****s off. 

The most unforgivable window in the clubs history is probably the one after we won the league! Players wanted to come! We had the biggest draw we’ve ever had and we used it to sign Slimani, hernandez, Benalouane and musa… such a colossal waste of an amazing position. 

Its always been my, what if … window 

• Like 4

1 hour ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...this player is very exciting, just needs to learn to place the ball into the net rather than shooting at the keeper!!!

15 goals (and 8 assists) for a not very good Charlton side last season.  He knows where the back of the net is.  

Having watched pretty much every game he played I can say his decision making in the final third is also very decent, particularly given his age.

Imagine he will want to stay in London but who knows.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bordersfox said:

15 goals (and 8 assists) for a not very good Charlton side last season.  He knows where the back of the net is.  

Having watched pretty much every game he played I can say his decision making in the final third is also very decent, particularly given his age.

Imagine he will want to stay in London but who knows.  

Him and Miles Leaburn please

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Sambiasso said:

Nico O'Reilly & Ade Mebude (Man City), Reyes Cleary(WBA) and Jesurun Rak-Sakyi(Palace) are all potential loan players we're interested in. 

To me this would say the likes of Palmer, Borges and Bobb are all pipe dreams if we are being linked with O’Reilly and Mebude from the same youth set up.

O’Reilly has great numbers in the U18 Prem league, but not sure if he’s ready for men’s football yet? 

Mebude good with both feet, can play across the front line. Didn’t stand out as much due to the likes of Borges and Bobb. But still managed impressive numbers with 11 goals and 13 assists in 26 games last year. 

Reyes, I find an odd link especially on loan with all the financial trouble they have this year I’m surprised he’s being suggested for their first team. He’s very quick though and has a wand of a right foot on him. Scored some screamers last year. 

Rak-Sakyi is my personal favourite from the list, he was running rings around league 1 defenders last year, got great numbers as well with 15 goals and 8 assists in 43 games.

The theme with all of them is that they are quick, direct and very gifted technically which is exciting.

My personal wish if we had 3 behind the number 9 would be Borges, Bobb and Rak-Sakyi but seems very unlikely.

• Like 1

Rak Sakyi is a no brainer for any championship club wanting a right winger. Insanely talented and if it wasn't for them having Olise, I'd imagine he'd be in Palace's first team.

A bit of patience needed this summer, think plenty need to leave before replacements are bought in

Souchaux have just been kicked out of Ligue 2.

Rassoul Ndiaye is a good 21 year old CM. Got those peak Wilf telescopic legs but can also drive forward. Would be a good squad player.

Edited by LVFox

Im becoming resigned to the fact we are going to have Wilf, soumare, praet, castagne and vesty next season. I just cant see anyone paying what wed value them at.  We might see an ayoze style pointless loan for some but considering they are obviously available there are so few links, so Im guessing their agents arent getting nibbles. Castagne could get a move but again not for what we'd likely accept for him 

3 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

Im becoming resigned to the fact we are going to have Wilf, soumare, praet, castagne and vesty next season. I just cant see anyone paying what wed value them at.  We might see an ayoze style pointless loan for some but considering they are obviously available there are so few links, so Im guessing their agents arent getting nibbles. Castagne could get a move but again not for what we'd likely accept for him 

Praet and Ndidi are available on a free next summer so I'd take anything for them, even if it's a nominal fee to free up wages and squad space to get some new additions in. Castagne will go, either on loan with a big loan fee or for £10-15m. Soumare I think stays as he has 3 years left on his contract, is young and I think Maresca will like him.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Praet and Ndidi are available on a free next summer so I'd take anything for them, even if it's a nominal fee to free up wages and squad space to get some new additions in. Castagne will go, either on loan with a big loan fee or for £10-15m. Soumare I think stays as he has 3 years left on his contract, is young and I think Maresca will like him.

It's a shame Castagne gets lumped in with the likes of Vestergaard and Soumare here. Often think the hate Castagne gets is overstated. 

Having said that, regarding Soumare, he seemed to have a new lease of life after Rodgers went. I do wonder how Maresca will use him. Not that I'd be sad if he did leave, but there's absolutely no rumours of him going to I guess he's here to stay. 

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, StanSP said:

It's a shame Castagne gets lumped in with the likes of Vestergaard and Soumare here. Often think the hate Castagne gets is overstated. 

Having said that, regarding Soumare, he seemed to have a new lease of life after Rodgers went. I do wonder how Maresca will use him. Not that I'd be sad if he did leave, but there's absolutely no rumours of him going to I guess he's here to stay. 

I definitely dont hate Timmy,  I just dont think he's ever suited us. 

He doesnt defend well and is very careless with the ball, I dont think he's technically all there. I personally dont think he'd  suit Maresca because of that.  I even remember on his debut when everyone was raving about him because he scored, I was thinking about the 3/4 times he aimlessly gave the ball away under pressure... Ive just always felt that without space he makes the wrong decisions.  He covers up his faults with a few moments of brilliance but Id rather have someone who consistently did the basics right. :dunno:

• Like 2

1 hour ago, StanSP said:

Castagne is being talked amongst that lot in the sense he wants to leave, only has 2 years left on his deal and isn't really that indispensable. He's certainly nowhere near as crap as the others.

8 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Castagne is being talked amongst that lot in the sense he wants to leave, only has 2 years left on his deal and isn't really that indispensable. He's certainly nowhere near as crap as the others.

Castagne also has some transfer value, whereas Vestergaard on his current contract does not. 

The thing that conflicts me about selling Castagne, and even more in regards to selling Barnes is - how do you weigh the transfer price and wages we'd have to pay them in the championship vs the increased chance that they would get us promoted? If we go straight back up, the added revenue from being back in the Premier League would far outweigh the transfer fees we would collect.

Should we just roll with a team of Premier League players in the championship and roll the dice on our financial future? Or should we be more pragmatic and sell all the assets from last years' team and spend more time in the championship in order to rebuild from the ground up.

Those are the kinds of questions I am struggling with, and I would LOVE to hear from literally anyone associated with the club on their thoughts, but we all know that will never happen.

• Like 1