Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
StanSP

Summer 2023...

19 minutes ago, Filberts lovechild said:

Still a long way to go in the window but I find it concerning we’re mostly being linked with defenders and GK’s when we need more creative players, CAM and wingers. Hopefully the Penny will drop after the Northants game

I know we'll lose Madders and Barnes, but creativity was not the problem last season. It was that we couldn't defend.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

I know we'll lose Madders and Barnes, but creativity was not the problem last season. It was that we couldn't defend.

Maddison, Barnes and Tielemans supplied nearly all of our goals though. So now we can't defend nor create and score anything. Superb

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 2

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

Maddison, Barnes and Tielemans supplied nearly all of our goals though. So now we can't defend nor create and score anything. Superb

The focus is on defence first, it would have been bonkers to do anything else first.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Lionator said:

Yeeeaaa about that…. You’ve just literally listed our creativity lol madders and Barnes scored 23 goals between them and assisted 11…. The rest combined scored 35 and assisted 29

1 minute ago, dbtcity said:

Yeeeaaa about that…. You’ve just literally listed our creativity lol madders and Barnes scored 23 goals between them and assisted 11…. The rest combined scored 35 and assisted 29

Don’t need to score so many if you don’t ship so many,  there’s that. lol

• Haha 1

33 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

The focus is on defence first, it would have been bonkers to do anything else first.

I suspect all of our attacking signings are being worked on using the prospective Barnes money. His £35m is pure P&L as well and the Maddison funds were for our defence (Winks aside).

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Ric Flair said:

I suspect all of our attacking signings are being worked on using the prospective Barnes money. His £35m is pure P&L as well and the Maddison funds were for our defence (Winks aside).

Would suspect the same but would imagine those two major incomings are supplemented by some smaller ones, like Hirst and hopefully even further inflated by the likes of Castagne

• Like 1

I suspect players have pretty much signed but not announced until another sale is completed to soften the blow. Maddison sold, Winks and Coady sign. Barnes sells and a couple more come in and repeat with Iheanacho, Castagne, Ricardo etc..

One of the keepers, lamp post, Praet and a couple of others will be moved on for smallish fees to free up wages and the club expect the fans to be ok with that which I expect we will be.

there’s 7 days left until we fly on tour… just 20 until the league starts… there’s still so much to do. 

With enzo’s vision needing time to implement we need the bodies on the plane next week and we don’t need anyone flying who’s fecking off. 

12 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

there’s 7 days left until we fly on tour… just 20 until the league starts… there’s still so much to do. 

With enzo’s vision needing time to implement we need the bodies on the plane next week and we don’t need anyone flying who’s fecking off. 

Maybe Enzo,s vision isn’t someone else’s especially if Enzo wasn’t a candidate put forward via the usual route. Really hope our club isn’t sabotaged by juvenile reactions to noses being put of joint.

• Haha 1

We really need to go after the following players..... need some creativity.

Illias Chair

Ismalia Sarr/Adama Traore 

Ezequiel Barco  from Atalanta 

Piroe.

Potentially get 4 of those for under 40 Million. Traore would cost the most.

After a frustrating week it's slowly coming together. 

Would absolutely love to see this followed up by:

Piroe, Chair and Poku 

Rak Sakyi + Casadei on loan

I'm being a tad optimistic there though.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, LVFox said:

After a frustrating week it's slowly coming together. 

Would absolutely love to see this followed up by:

Piroe, Chair and Poku 

Rak Sakyi + Casadei on loan

I'm being a tad optimistic there though.

42 minutes ago, Fox85 said:

We really need to go after the following players..... need some creativity.

Illias Chair

Ismalia Sarr/Adama Traore 

Ezequiel Barco  from Atalanta 

Piroe.

Potentially get 4 of those for under 40 Million. Traore would cost the most.

I think Piroe might be our final permanent signing this Summer if we don’t sell Barnes, now we’re also signing Hermansen. 

Expect more loans - Casadei and a couple of wingers, and we’re cooking. 

Edited by lcfc_forever

I still cannot believe there wouldn't be takers for Praet for a nominal fee and cover most of his wages, Ndidi for £5m and cover his wages, Iheanacho £15m, Castagne £10-15m.

Get those done + Barnes. We can then pay off Vestergaard for the remaining element of his wages that another club won't cover and possibly loan out Faes. We'd then have a lot of leg room to get Piroe and 2 ACM's and 2-3 wingers.

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Sounds like Blackburn could be having to sell some players off

Tyrhys Dolan - 21 year old right winger

Adam Wharton - 19 year old defensive/centre mid

They rate Wharton very highly. I can't imagine he'll be cheap. 

On 14/07/2023 at 23:23, Ric Flair said:

I still cannot believe there wouldn't be takers for Praet for a nominal fee and cover most of his wages, Ndidi for £5m and cover his wages, Iheanacho £15m, Castagne £10-15m.

Get those done + Barnes. We can then pay off Vestergaard for the remaining element of his wages that another club won't cover and possibly loan out Faes. We'd then have a lot of leg room to get Piroe and 2 ACM's and 2-3 wingers.

Maresca mentioned Praet’s name a lot in the post match interview yesterday, and I think Praet fits his system perfectly. Be interesting to see if he stays. 

If we keep Praet and sell the other players you’ve mentioned we would have brought in around £105m from player sales (including Barnes). We’ve already spent around £23m including the Hermansen deal. Leaves us with £82m.

As you’ve stated bring Piroe in for around £12-£15m, get 1-2 ACM’s on loan dependent on the Praet situation, get 3 wingers in one permanently (Mavididi £6m) and 2 more on loan. 

Can see us bringing in another 4-6 players after Hermansen and would leave us with a profit of around £60m on player turnover.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Bluearmyfox28 said:

Maresca mentioned Praet’s name a lot in the post match interview yesterday, and I think Praet fits his system perfectly. Be interesting to see if he stays. 

If we keep Praet and sell the other players you’ve mentioned we would have brought in around £105m from player sales (including Barnes). We’ve already spent around £23m including the Hermansen deal. Leaves us with £82m.

As you’ve stated bring Piroe in for around £12-£15m, get 1-2 ACM’s on loan dependent on the Praet situation, get 3 wingers in one permanently (Mavididi £6m) and 2 more on loan. 

Can see us bringing in another 4-6 players after Hermansen and would leave us with a profit of around £60m on player turnover.

I thought the same - he mentioned Dennis and KDH alot. I think they are firmly in his mind of pushing players into the box

• Like 2