Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Jump to content
Wymsey

FA Cup 5th Round v Blackburn Rovers - 28/2/23, 19:30

Recommended Posts

Posted

Try and win the cup again, and Rodgers becomes a legend despite the poor league season?..

 

Blackburn have been pretty impressive, so shouldn't dismiss them.

 

Posted
12 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

Try and win the cup again, and Rodgers becomes a legend despite the poor league season?..

 

Blackburn have been pretty impressive, so shouldn't dismiss them.

 

Solidly in the playoff places, 3-match league winning streak, undefeated in nine.

 

We need to take this one seriously.

  • Like 3
Posted
47 minutes ago, SecretPro said:

I don't even want to win the Cup if it means we have another 18 months of "he won the FA Cup again, he's brought untold riches to this club, it doesn’t matter if he deliberately gets us relegated to league 2 and takes a dump on the Vichai memorial he simply has to be our manager until the world finally ends" bollocks. 

Don't worry, there's not a cat in hells chance of winning that again. Certainly not this year.

  • Like 3
Posted

Imagine Rodgers winning 2 FA Cups and he gets hounded out. The media would justifiably slaughter us, worse rhan they did after Ranieri 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Posted
1 minute ago, tom27111 said:

Can we play a 3-5-2 please?

 

Dominate the midfield and have 2 players making runs up top.

 

Kristiansen and Ricardo as wing backs, Amartey effectively stepping in front of the other 2 CB's, almost as a DM.

 

Slate me if you want, but unlike Brendan, I'd like to try other things.

I wanted us to play 352 today, shame we didn’t 

  • Like 1
Posted

I'm not really sure what the best approach is. Usually yes rotate and give some gametime/try something different. But our starting XI looks so out of sorts maybe we need to throw them all back in to try and get a positive result/some momentum back.

 

No point rotating then rotating back to sh** again

  • Like 1
Posted (edited)
32 minutes ago, Koke said:

 

I'll take winning the cup even if I have to tolerate Rodgers for another 18 months.

Obviously there's is a certain amount of Jest in my post but if I really consider it, I'm not sure I would to be honest...

 

We've won it recently and it was obviously a massive tick, at last. But the thought of another 2 years watching this abject horrorshow on and off the pitch with all that entails, mood wise, the slow demise of the club and atmosphere, the not even being able to get excited for the weekend etc. It all adds up, its been pretty torrid and I hoped we had turned a corner the other week but even just the though that that may have been a false dawn is enough to make me miserable again. I wouldn't even mind losing games if the football was at least exciting, but it's not, its terrible, the atmosphere is terrible. 

 

Would people really take another couple of years of that, plus relegation, the inevitable financial problems that come with it etc just for the sake of another FA Cup win so recently after the last? 

Edited by SecretPro
  • Like 1
Posted

If we play like we did against Spurs, or the first half against Man Utd, we can win the whole competition  

 

Brendan probably got the boys watching videos and analysing what they did wrong lol

 

I would quite happily slaughter my family for us to win it again though, especially if I had a ticket for the final!

  • Like 1

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...