Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Wymsey

Amazon

Be careful from buying from Amazon..

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-wiltshire-65310418

I personally had been charged £30 a couple of years when cancelling my Amazon Prime account; this was despite stating to them when complaining to them that I when cancelled my contract, which was made within a 'free' trial period, I shouldn't have been charged to cancel it.

They blamed it on a 'technical glitch' and refunded me eventually..

Edited by Wymsey

2 minutes ago, Wymsey said:

I personally had been charged £30 a couple of years when cancelling my Amazon Prime account; this was despite stating to them when complaining to them that I when cancelled my contract, which was made within a 'free' trial period, I shouldn't have been charged to cancel it.

40 customers out of how many millions?  Clearly someone dodgy is nicking from them and Amazon have to be allowed to investigate properly as I also have no doubt dodgy people make false claims similar to this all the time.

Remember a couple of years ago and my then housemate buying an Xbox from Amazon, to only receive mens face wash. The best thing was that as we were all watching him open it, we were quite aware it wasn’t an Xbox, yet he genuinely still believed it was, until the moment a pot of face wash fell out. 
Amazon were really bad about it and made him send the face wash back if he wanted to receive his Xbox.

I recently worked in a John Lewis warehouse, was very tight security. Everyone had to take their shoes off and pass through an X ray scanner everytime they left the warehouse area, random locker checks as well. I assume this Amazon scam is in the van though and not done at the warehouse.

20 hours ago, Wymsey said:

I ordered a PS5 controller and got a paint roller lol been going on for ages, heard plenty about it.

• Haha 1

I worked in an Amazon warehouse over covid. All the packages go through machines which weigh them and measure the boxes. If it's out of tolerance it will kick out and it's someone's job to open the box and manually check it (an experienced, specially trained person - changed on rotation most shifts).

The place is like Fort Knox; be really hard to get a laptop or PS5 out. One person on their own wouldn't be able to do it.

There will be a record of who picked it, packed it, who was on the slam machines, who shipped it and who delivered it. Would be easy to see a pattern as you're not allowed to use other people's login.

You do get some right idiots there. A few times people would pack two PS5's by accident. 

Edited by Guesty

On 22/04/2023 at 11:02, Parafox said:

100% wouldn't be the driver.

As @Guesty said, the packages are all labelled by weight. You can see this by looking at the delivery label on the front of your package, its no secret. 

A driver can carry between 300 and 500 individual parcels per day and has no idea what is in 99% of them.

I'd guess it's collusion at the highest level in the warehouses to make a few quid.

Drivers could guess a high value item though, as the customer would need to provide a passcode to receive it.

However, a passcode could be required for many reasons, one of them being that the customer is dishonest and reported a high amount of deliveries not being received. 

The chances of a driver replacing an item with something of the same weight and making the packaging look untampered with are slim to none.

Anyway, if a driver wanted to steal something, they could just report the package as missing to their office.

It happens occasionally, but chances are, another driver has it on their van as an extra.

I'd very, very rarely have a missing parcel, but had a couple of extras a week.

As an extra to what I just said, if you've ordered something high value from Amazon, ask the driver to wait while you open it.

Most won't mind, only takes a few seconds, covers their arse too.

If it isn't what you ordered, they'll immediately notify their office who are sat in the same room as Amazon employees, who know instantly. And you can refuse the delivery.

• Thanks 1

Remember buying a lawnmower off Amazon, Saturday was the delivery day, waited in nearly all day, then a knock on the door and some grinning tit wanted me to sign for the mower and said it was coming later.

Rang up Amazon and the lady I spoke to was more incensed than me since she had to deal with a fair few complaints, my mower arrived in less than an hour and she rang me back to make sure and said she herself had forwarded a complaint about the incident, because she was sick to death of dealing with complaints.

Never had any trouble with deliveries from them since.

• Like 1

On 23/04/2023 at 16:00, tom27111 said:

As an extra to what I just said, if you've ordered something high value from Amazon, ask the driver to wait while you open it.

Most won't mind, only takes a few seconds, covers their arse too.

lol

Cant remember the last delivery we had where I actually saw anything other than the back of the driver scurrying to the van or the dust trail as the van accelerated away as I opened the door. They don’t wait for a response to knocking, fvck staying for the opening!😂