Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

12 minutes ago, Blanchflower78 said:

All I know is that if Enzo is still picking 2 keepers on the bench after the window shuts then all is not well!

I'd be fairly confident that if any of Soumare, Daka, Souttar, et all are still at the club come the 1st then they'll all be back in the squad. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I'd be fairly confident that if any of Soumare, Daka, Souttar, et all are still at the club come the 1st then they'll all be back in the squad. 

Not so sure they will, we currently have 1 spot free in the 25 man squad excluding Souttar, Soumare and 2 of Ward, Iversen and Smithies.

7 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Not so sure they will, we currently have 1 spot free in the 25 man squad excluding Souttar, Soumare and 2 of Ward, Iversen and Smithies.

I make the current squad count 21 (assuming AFI signs) excluding:

Two of Ward, Iversen, Smithies 

Kristiansen

Thomas 

Souttar 

Ndidi 

Soumaré 

Daka 

Assuming Kristiansen has more of less gone already and Ndidi has gone that leaves 6 players to fill 4 spaces and two of those would be our 4th and 5th choice goalkeepers. 

Reminder that if the THB rumours have weight to them, he wouldn't require a squad place. 

There's no way we have Daka, Soumaré and Souttar playing for the U23s all year or even just til January. If they stay, the majority will be registered IMO. It's a main part of why we need to get rid of people before we sign, same reason as last year, we can't really afford to have people sat around getting paid to do nothing. 

2 minutes ago, FosseSpark said:

If we get rid of Castagne, Kristiansen, Iversen, Ndidi I don't see why we have to then sell iheanacho, daka, souttar. 

The books and squad size would hopefully be relatively balanced.

well 2 out of that 4 have gone, well VK hasnt been confirmed yet, but its just about done

34 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Kristiansen

Thomas 

Souttar 

Ndidi 

Soumaré 

Daka 

Assuming Kristiansen has more of less gone already and Ndidi has gone that leaves 6 players to fill 4 spaces and two of those would be our 4th and 5th choice goalkeepers. 

Reminder that if the THB rumours have weight to them, he wouldn't require a squad place. 

There's no way we have Daka, Soumaré and Souttar playing for the U23s all year or even just til January. If they stay, the majority will be registered IMO. It's a main part of why we need to get rid of people before we sign, same reason as last year, we can't really afford to have people sat around getting paid to do nothing. 

I’m sure loans have to be counted even if they’re under 21

edit: I guess you’re counting his signing as permanent 

Edited by dbtcity
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, dbtcity said:

I’m sure loans have to be counted even if they’re under 21

edit: I guess you’re counting his signing as permanent 

Yeah my understanding is that if we THB at all it'll be a sale. 

He's got a year left. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

Kristiansen

Thomas 

Souttar 

Ndidi 

Soumaré 

Daka 

I make it 24, excluding Souttar, Soumare, Kristiansen, Iversen and Ward. Wanya and Nelson don't need to be included as born in 2002 or later (Kristiansen wouldn't need to either if he had stayed)

Hermandsen

Stolarczyk

Smithies

Coady

Doyle

Vestergaard

Thomas

Faes

Justin

Ricardo

Hamza

KDH

Winks

Albrighton

Casadei

Praet

Ndidi

Mcateer

Mavididi

Akgün

Issahaku (presuming he signs)

Vardy

Daka

Iheanacho

10 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I make it 24, excluding Souttar, Soumare, Kristiansen, Iversen and Ward. Wanya and Nelson don't need to be included as born in 2002 or later (Kristiansen wouldn't need to either if he had stayed)

Hermandsen

Stolarczyk

Smithies

Coady

Doyle

Vestergaard

Thomas

Faes

Justin

Ricardo

Hamza

KDH

Winks

Albrighton

Casadei

Praet

Ndidi

Mcateer

Mavididi

Akgün

Vardy

Daka

Iheanacho

by the logic we can have one more.......for the love of god i hope we get a striker lol

14 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Hermandsen

Stolarczyk

Smithies

Coady

Doyle

Vestergaard

Thomas

Faes

Justin

Ricardo

Hamza

KDH

Winks

Albrighton

Casadei

Praet

Ndidi

Mcateer

Mavididi

Akgün

Vardy

Daka

Iheanacho

Well yes but you've included Daka which is part of my point. And Ndidi appears to be being sold and Thomas loaned out. 

27 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Well yes but you've included Daka which is part of my point. And Ndidi appears to be being sold and Thomas loaned out. 

In response to you saying if they were still at the club next week they'd be back in the fold, but that will require us to sell others and not sign replacements. I think if the likes of Ndidi or Iheanacho go, we replace.

1 hour ago, matty98 said:

Southampton and Leeds being linked with Matt O'Riley. Surprised he's being linked with Championship moves but would definitely take him here.

I suggested this lad the other day! We’ve been linked Before and let’s be honest the SPL is wank so if he’s available we should be all over it!

Unproven and honestly his record leaves a lot to be desired, but thought Rodrigo Muniz looked very good for Fulham tonight, Big and strong and was close to scoring. Bit hit and miss from what I've seen from boro fans. Don't exactly want him, but maybe others know more about him. Had a decent game, unlikely to feature for Fulham. Tbh I still have no idea what Enzo wants from his striker as nobody seems to really be able to produce much from that position so far. 

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

If it were the case they were all here. Iversen, Soumare and Ward would all remain out of the squad I think. 

Daka and Souttar would remain depending on the CB situation.

I think Daka will go, as will Souttar and Soumare…. Even if they’re loans. Ward will probably end up in Scotland and Iversen will land himself a move to a championship rival I think. 

12 hours ago, Ric Flair said:

Hermandsen

Stolarczyk

Smithies

Coady

Doyle

Vestergaard

Thomas

Faes

Justin

Ricardo

Hamza

KDH

Winks

Albrighton

Casadei

Praet

Ndidi

Mcateer

Mavididi

Akgün

Vardy

Daka

Iheanacho

Wasn't Mcateer born 2001?

34 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Yes, which means he needs to be counted in the 25 man squad

Didn't you say in your post that the cut off was 2002?

*edit* never mind, I'm being an idiot!

Edited by Scotch