Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

2 minutes ago, FoxinNotts said:

They always do. It looks like a hard market to get into, but once you are in it (Brighton, Forest etc) they all start to arrive 

its a hard market to get into per say, its just hard for some people within our club to understand where south america is

1 minute ago, Tommy Fresh said:

I haven't looked in to and it was more a that's crazy if it is 😂 Reckon they'll be some unexpected countries with huge figures though.

Just looked. Apparently in 2022 it was …

1. Premier League - 643m per game.

2. La Liga - 76m per game.

3. Ligue 1 - 10.1m per game.

4. Liga MX - 3.7m per game.

5. Seria A - 2.0m per game.

6. MLS - 2.0m per game.

7. Bundasliga - 1.7m per game.

8. Brasileiro Serie A - 1.4 m per game.

9. Erervedise - 1.2m per game.

10. China

9 minutes ago, Sly said:

Just looked. Apparently in 2022 it was …

1. Premier League - 643m per game.

2. La Liga - 76m per game.

3. Ligue 1 - 10.1m per game.

4. Liga MX - 3.7m per game.

5. Seria A - 2.0m per game.

6. MLS - 2.0m per game.

7. Bundasliga - 1.7m per game.

8. Brasileiro Serie A - 1.4 m per game.

9. Erervedise - 1.2m per game.

10. China

That's ridiculous, had no idea the viewing figures for the Prem were that dominant.  

So as I make it:

OUT - Soumare - Savilla

OUT - Castagne - Fulham

OUT - Kristensen - Bologna

POTENTIAL OUT - Ndidi - Forest

POTENTIAL OUT - Thomas - Leeds

POTENTIAL OUT - Iversen - Crystal Palace

IN - Issakahu - Sporting

IN - Hardwood Bellis

I think that potentially leaves us short in

central midfield personally, unless we’re planning on pushing McCateer central? 

I’ve thought about it, and given the rumours/ITK posts out there at the moment I think this is the vision. I think long term plan is to move McAteer inside, leaving us with 5 wingers both sides. Question marks on 4 things:

Whether Daka stays or goes

Whether they might finally shift Praet to bring in someone like Chair

Shifting one of Souttar and Vestergaard and bringing in Harwood-Bellis in as a CB

image.thumb.jpeg.989f0c0eba50b137aeefef4e83143152.jpeg

Looks damn tidy imo. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Sly said:

So as I make it:

OUT - Soumare - Savilla

OUT - Castagne - Fulham

IN - Issakahu - Sporting

IN - Hardwood Bellis

Ndidi to Forest is a lot closer to happening than Soumare to Sevilla I think. 

Soumaré's annual amortisation is ultimately more than most clubs in Europe think he's worth and can afford. Sevilla like a bargain basement deal, I can't see them pulling the trigger unless we get desperate and settle on a loss. 

I think he'll still go out but I think we'll wait til the last afternoon of the window before we give up and just let him go to whoever is offering to cover the most of his wages. 

I'm assuming that our remaining business is being done with the Ndidi and Castagne savings and that we view whatever happens to Soumaré as just a bonus. So really no reason to rush to get him off the books until the last minute. 

• Like 1

55 minutes ago, Sly said:

So as I make it:

OUT - Soumare - Savilla

OUT - Castagne - Fulham

IN - Issakahu - Sporting

IN - Hardwood Bellis

I could  definitely see another CM coming in if we get all 6 out... But i also think that we will likely hold on to some money to see if a problem arises for January..

52 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

any strikers @Ric Flair you think are worth the wonga?

know Leaburn, but any others?

cant think of too many at this late stage of the window we'd be able to get

maybe that lad from brighton we was loosely linked with

I wondered if we’d dip our toes into the water with a loan offer for Balogun, however he seems set to join Monaco.

Mejbri Is still primed for a loan move. I’m surprised we haven’t been linked.

Palmer as well, I could see going out on loan, now they’ve signed Doku. 

11 minutes ago, Sly said:

I wondered if we’d dip our toes into the water with a loan offer for Balogun, however he seems set to join Monaco.

Mejbri Is still primed for a loan move. I’m surprised we haven’t been linked.

Palmer as well, I could see going out on loan, now they’ve signed Doku. 

Balogun and Palmer would be the dream, but obviously not going to happen. 

1 minute ago, Drink Water said:

Balogun and Palmer would be the dream, but obviously not going to happen. 

Palmer will go to the Premier League I’d imagine. He’d play for 50% of the league I think, he’s that good. 

Balogun is an interesting one. Monaco are paying over £35m for him. I rate him and I thought Arsenal Might give him another year in England. 

7 minutes ago, Sly said:

Palmer will go to the Premier League I’d imagine. He’d play for 50% of the league I think, he’s that good. 

Balogun is an interesting one. Monaco are paying over £35m for him. I rate him and I thought Arsenal Might give him another year in England. 

Yeah, Palmer could end up at Brighton. 

Arsenal have quite a few strikers and I think just want to cash in on Balogun to help recompense for Declan Rice. 

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, FrankieADZ said:

any strikers @Ric Flair you think are worth the wonga?

know Leaburn, but any others?

cant think of too many at this late stage of the window we'd be able to get

maybe that lad from brighton we was loosely linked with

Just been discussing this with Jack and likely will again on the pod later.

I think a striker in a Maresca system needs to be good in the air, quick, able to hold the ball up and create space. Iheanacho is very erratic at all of that and Vardy is now just an impact player and that's absolutely fine.

Daka doesn't suit this system so we do need another striker with one or both of Iheanacho and Daka likely off this week.

Leaburn was my main pick way back in June, he's been injured but is back now and destined to be a top player.

I posted a link earlier today but Adrian Benedyczak at Parma is another tall, quick and talented striker who'd fit the bill. Started the season very well. I'm surprised Maresca hasn't targeted youngsters in Serie A teams academies this summer or players at Serie B clubs that we represent a step up to.

He's probably out of our reach but Armando Broja at Chelsea on loan would be a huge coup.

I've also been monitoring Faris Moumbagna at Bodo/Glimt who's having a devastating season.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

He's probably out of our reach but Armando Broja at Chelsea on loan would be a huge coup.

He doesn't seem like he'll ever be given a crack at it with Chelsea so I reckon a deal wouldn't be impossible. Jackson is ahead of him, Nkunku will be ahead of him when he's back from injury. Lukaku is still on the books. Only trouble really is he's already had a Prem loan so I think you only get him if you buy him. But given they'll need to make money to balance their mad spends you could probably score a loan then sale. But if he's on the market someone up the ladder will go for him.

How many players do Chelsea need though? They’re a box of frogs, signing players, then getting rid of them. 

They were bad under Abramohvic, however seem to of got worse under Bohely, as they now sign people they don’t need.