Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Sir Shep

So, Players for the Championship rebuild, who do you want?

23 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Just been discussing this with Jack and likely will again on the pod later.

I think a striker in a Maresca system needs to be good in the air, quick, able to hold the ball up and create space. Iheanacho is very erratic at all of that and Vardy is now just an impact player and that's absolutely fine.

Daka doesn't suit this system so we do need another striker with one or both of Iheanacho and Daka likely off this week.

Leaburn was my main pick way back in June, he's been injured but is back now and destined to be a top player.

I posted a link earlier today but Adrian Benedyczak at Parma is another tall, quick and talented striker who'd fit the bill. Started the season very well. I'm surprised Maresca hasn't targeted youngsters in Serie A teams academies this summer or players at Serie B clubs that we represent a step up to.

He's probably out of our reach but Armando Broja at Chelsea on loan would be a huge coup.

I've also been monitoring Faris Moumbagna at Bodo/Glimt who's having a devastating season.

personally feel Leaburn would be the option/one to go for even if hes injured(fit right in anyway) Benedyczak and Moumbagna are decent options too;

also on the whole thing, feels like we've left it far far too late in regards getting a striker in anyway; as i dont trust us to get a decent striker in within what....3 and a bit days

option would be a loan from a prem team, like Zeqiri from brighton or Broja but i doubt hed drop a level

Edited by FrankieADZ

Miles Leaburn to replace Daka if he leaves

Hugo Cuypers to replace Iheanacho if he leaves (although might be slightly ambitious, not sure if we would get him)

Liked the look of a few other strikers only to then find they had already moved ffs lol

Edited by moore_94

With him, Timmy and Wilf all out we looking at what .. 40-50 I’m fees and a huuuuge wedge off the wages. 

who’d you bring in? 

I’d like langstaff, THB … is it entirely possible enzo plays an AM there? Kinda like Spain did with the World Cup? But doubtful. 

Edited by casablancas

22 minutes ago, casablancas said:

With him, Timmy and Wilf all out we looking at what .. 40-50 I’m fees and a huuuuge wedge off the wages. 

who’d you bring in? 

I’d like Scott, thb and sadly no idea to replace kels… is it entirely possible enzo plays an AM there? Kinda like Spain did with the World Cup? But doubtful. 

Alex Scott? That's just transferred to Bournemouth?

• Haha 1

Miles Leaburn looks a real talent. I will say though that I think he needs more time to develop and he wouldn’t be ready for us just yet. Just my personal opinion. 

Stated the other day that I feel Enzo will want a target man type someone in the mould of what Giroud was for Arsenal. 

If Kel leaves then Andi Zeqiri from Brighton would be my choice. Great in the build up, good finisher and good in the air.

If Daka leaves then either Faris Moumbanga (Bodo Glimt) or Mama Balde (Troyes) would be good replacements.

3 minutes ago, BroughtonFox said:

Peterborough just signed a CB on loan with rumours suggesting Edwards could be on the move. I’d still like him here 

You may have second thoughts if you saw how Waghorn rinsed him at the weekend!

So we are starting to see way more activity now with Timmy off etc.

We have started amazingly well but against weaker teams and I'm not totally convinced yet (but massively hopeful) BUT isn't there an element of what we get in or move up e.g. McAteer, would be really useful to be mainly(75/80%) Prem appropriate/standard?  Do the non loan purchases fall into that category?????

Also Enzo and the set up is for a very particular style of play in his image.  Some stats:

Only 3 Prem managers have done more than 3 years 8 months currently

1 Leicester Manager since June 2000 has done 4 years (Brendan & he won a Cup and finished 5th twice)

Pearson is 3rd in the Championship with 2 years 6 months.

IF Maresca last 3 years he'll have done well, if the team is totally configured to his thoughts and style of play, will that be a challenge & is it totally sensible???

1 hour ago, MGLCFC said:

You may have second thoughts if you saw how Waghorn rinsed him at the weekend!

Is that from first hand observation can I ask? I haven’t seen it myself by the way but saw some comments that it was his CB partner who was mainly rinsed and let him down. 

If he did have a bad game, he’s still young so it wouldn’t put me off wanting him here.

21 minutes ago, HankMarvin said:

Germany star Nadiem Amiri shocks Leeds by REJECTING a £5m transfer after he flew in by private jet to look around the city with his family... and then telling club to cancel the deal!

any good?

I've never been to Leeds personally but I'd imagine if he didn't like the look of their city I can't imagine he'd suddenly be up for signing for us after taking in the delights of our city centre.

44 minutes ago, LCFCJohn said:

Is that from first hand observation can I ask? I haven’t seen it myself by the way but saw some comments that it was his CB partner who was mainly rinsed and let him down. 

If he did have a bad game, he’s still young so it wouldn’t put me off wanting him here.

Not directly, but I have a friend who is a Peterborough season ticket holder. I mentioned to him that we may be interested in him. He said he looked distinctly average on Saturday, but he did say that was unusual for him and that maybe he's had his head turned by transfer speculation before the window closes and didn't want to risk an injury.  

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MGLCFC said:

Not directly, but I have a friend who is a Peterborough season ticket holder. I mentioned to him that we may be interested in him. He said he looked distinctly average on Saturday, but he did say that was unusual for him and that maybe he's had his head turned by transfer speculation before the window closes and didn't want to risk an injury.  

Ah ok, fair enough. Yeah those things could be a factor. Definitely seems one for the future.

Another striker possibility if Nacho or Daka leave. Fotis Ioannidis of Panathinaikos has been getting good reviews, recently signed a new contract though but could be available for around £10 million 😕

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, kingfox said:

Another striker possibility if Nacho or Daka leave. Fotis Ioannidis of Panathinaikos has been getting good reviews, recently signed a new contract though but could be available for around £10 million 😕

Name did crop up in my research yesterday. He ticks a fair few boxes.

• Like 1