Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Castagne to Arsenal

Firstly, I've always thought he was an honest player and I don't think he was one of those who downed tools either during our problems.

Coincidence was it that he was left out for a short period after commenting in the media that sometimes, the players didn't understand Rodgers instructions?

I think he's a decent right back but not a wing back. I also feel that he lost a bit of confidence, possibly and understandably after his bad injury as he's noticeably not very brave when heading the ball and often turns his back on players in a combative situation. 

All in all, I'd wish him well. He worked harder than many.

Guest Mee-9
2 hours ago, Pliskin said:

Shame, he’s one of our best ever Dutch players. 

Up there with Nobby Solano, Peter Canero and Yann Kermorgant for our best Dutch exports. 

He's a good player. Was just coached out of him by Rodgers and then it was too late. In general,  I'd be amazed if the club do anything next year. Not least our best and decent players will be gone. They'll really need to land on their feet with a breathtaking manager appointment who can revolutionise the club. Seems very unlikely.

• Like 2

Guest Mee-9
9 minutes ago, Pliskin said:

I still think Harrison Panayiotou is our greatest ever Dutch player. 

I’d argue that Patrick Gerrbrand was up there too, same with Kisnorbo. Fantastic academy Ajax lads. 

5 minutes ago, Corky said:

I like him, he called out Rodgers bullshit then was banished for "not training well enough". Probably loathes him as much as we do.

Same here. I remember him getting quite animated with team-mates who made mistakes that led to goals; he seemed to care (at the time, at least).

• Like 1

35 minutes ago, MPH said:

Doesnt it at least make you wonder why these too 6 and top European clubs are after our players?

Not really, I can only think their recruitment is as short sighted as ours in recent times if they want to take our shite on board. 

50 minutes ago, Arkie Bennett said:

It makes me wonder why these PL-standard players couldn't get it to work when they were all appearing for us. 

Are you suggesting that it was possibly not the players that were the problem but other influences and factors? :D

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, SK3Blue said:

Not really, I can only think their recruitment is as short sighted as ours in recent times if they want to take our shite on board. 

lol you’re talking about a manager and team who finished 2nd