Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Castagne to Arsenal

On 13/06/2023 at 05:32, Jon the Hat said:

Timmy is much better than his recent performances show, and would thrive at Arsenal I think.  Another one ruined by Brendan.

This all day long.

These players aren’t bad players (Timmy, Tielemans and others), they’ve just been part of a disintegrating regime borne out of complacency and apathy.

Castagne will look ‘a really good fullback’ elsewhere 

• Like 2

On 13/06/2023 at 09:50, 5waller5 said:

I rate Castagne and am not surprised he’s linked with Arsenal at all.

His frailties:

Defending far post crosses

Playing an attacker onside

The crosses could be down to the facial injury, not sure I’d want to back pedal into a potential head clash after the injury he suffered.

The discipline for offsides, I’d put that down to coaching.

He arrived a better player than he is now - another example of Rodgers regressive coaching

Additionally: defending near post crosses (with his hands)

15 minutes ago, Col city fan said:

This all day long.

These players aren’t bad players (Timmy, Tielemans and others), they’ve just been part of a disintegrating regime borne out of complacency and apathy.

Castagne will look ‘a really good fullback’ elsewhere 

So will Amartey 😉 

On 13/06/2023 at 05:32, Jon the Hat said:

Timmy is much better than his recent performances show, and would thrive at Arsenal I think.  Another one ruined by Brendan.

I agree, you don’t play for a national team that was Until recently ranked #1 for the last 4 consecutive years just for fun 

https://sportwitness.co.uk/will-choice-make-leicester-player-admits-will-look-transfer-top-club-summer/

Following Leicester City’s relegation to the Championship, some sort of mass exodus is expected from the King Power Stadium.

A lot of those looking for a move happen to be from Belgium, with Youri Tielemans already agreeing terms with Aston Villa, while Timothy Castagne, Dennis Praet and Wout Faes are all likely to want a transfer too.

In fact, the first in that Leicester trio has already made his intentions clear in a press conference ahead of Belgium’s international games, relayed by Walfoot.

Speaking to the local media, Castagne was asked about what his future would look like, and whether it would be with the Foxes or not.

He replied: “The two months after the national team will be important. For now, I’m letting my agent do what needs to be done, then there will be a choice to make, that’s for sure.

“The objective is always a top club, but the risk is to wait for too long and to find yourself with nothing. My focus for now is the national team, and then we’ll see.”

Arriving from Atalanta in a €21m transfer back in 2020, Castagne established himself as a regular for Leicester over the years, and continued to do so last season, as he scored two goals and picked up four assists in 42 appearances.

Edited by moore_94

9 minutes ago, floz said:

"The risk is to wait for too long and to find yourself with nothing". We being the "nothing" presumably.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Timbo. 

a bit like how we waited too long to get rid of his incompetent arse and ended up with nothing too 

13 minutes ago, floz said:

"The risk is to wait for too long and to find yourself with nothing". We being the "nothing" presumably.

Don't let the door hit you on the way out Timbo. 

Exactly my thoughts 

He lives on my in laws street (where I work from not home because of the kids) really nice couple who seem down to earth, quite normal and not flashy. 

let’s my daughter stroke his dog and took her shirt into training to get signed by all the FA cup winning players just before they all left.

be sad to see him go but won’t begrudge him that. He’s a player that is good enough for the prem IMO. A touch suspect with crosses and playing people on side but great when we’re on top, that’s the modern full back though 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, jonny_wright said:

I never want to see him in an lcfc shirt again, please p*as off immediately out my club 

I’m confused about this? Not with you, but quite a lot of people are saying things like this. 

what’s your reason? (I’m not being confrontational, I genuinely want to know your thoughts). 

If it’s to do with our complete lack of defending this season I’d say:

1) He was probably the best defender of the bunch over the season 

2) I don’t particularly blame the defence, the issue was they were left so exposed constantly from lack of press from the team and lack of shielding from the midfield that it was inevitable. I’d actually get the frustration more with the midfield  

• Like 2

Perhaps one of our biggest recruitment errors recently has been to buy too many footballers that whilst technically good have lacked or have been unable to develop enough (or any) passion for the club they play for. Basically professional sportsmen but without the extra fight that allegiance brings.The Belgians Timmy, Youri, Wout and Dennis appear to fit this category. Timmy seems only concerned with his future and getting away, with little thought for the club that he helped deliver into The Championship. All squads always have had a proportion of players like this, we’ve just had too many and it’s probably why we had such a lack of fight for much of the season.