Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Castagne to Arsenal

4 hours ago, hackneyfox said:

Why would Arsenal want to sign a player who has struggled at RB all season? He’s better, just, at LB.

Sell Tierney, replace him on the bench with TC - who can cover both sides - and put £20m in the bank. Sounds like a smart move to me. 

I've given him quite a bit of leeway but he's been a bit average really. Don't think him and Rodgers ever really fit each other. He's a wing back rather than a full back but I think his attacking has dipped a bit.

• Like 2

43 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

If Arsenal want to give it a go next season they won’t want to be bringing on a sub in a fair few games who is at the level of Castagne, how many goals has he cost us this season? It’s a fair few. Arsenal can afford better.

In my childish anti chestnuts movement I would say most of them 

I like that he seemed about the only one who could see through BR’s BS but kind of took it as a given he’d be off. 

He hasn’t really hit the heights we’d expect and we really need to go back to basics with defenders who can defend this coming season. 

• Like 1

Looked about the only bloke with half a brain in 21/22 and I think he’s been a victim of having played a lot of games due to other full backs being made of hamster bedding, but it just makes so much sense to sell for all parties now. He’ll be an okay squad player at a big club or a starter at a reasonable side in Serie A. 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Dan LCFC said:

I've given him quite a bit of leeway but he's been a bit average really. Don't think him and Rodgers ever really fit each other. He's a wing back rather than a full back but I think his attacking has dipped a bit.

But Rodgers acknowledged that he’s better in that forward position it’s just that we never had Ricardo fit to sit behind him.

Start of the season Ricardo was going to be RB with Castagne RW but then Ricardo popped meaning TC had to drop.

We couldn’t really play with wingbacks because it meant dropping Barnes & putting Thomas there 🤷‍♂️ 

16 hours ago, J.Lisemore said:

Looked like he had something about him in the early days but he's been going backwards for a while now.

14 hours ago, foxer said:

Class for a while but has been poor for months now.

:brendan_still:

1 minute ago, coolhandfox said:

Will always be remembered as one of the FA Cup winning team.

Gökhan Inler featured in the title season but let's not pretend he'll always be remembered with the same fondness as many of the others.

26 minutes ago, coolhandfox said:

Inler Gokhan played 195 minutes of a 38 games season.

Castange played in 5 out of the 6 FA Cup games and played 90 minutes in 4 of them including the Final.

His also played 112 times for the club compared to Gökhan 5.

Bit different.

Cheers Timmy, but it's well too warm outside to be sat googling stats to back up an opinion no one cares about. lol

• Sad 1