Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Castagne to Arsenal

When things are going well, your football is free flowing and attacking, he's a great addition.

When things are against you and need that back against the wall attitude, he's either there or a million miles away.

Issue we had, as did the whole team, was it was more the latter throughout last year 

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, UniFox21 said:

When things are going well, your football is free flowing and attacking, he's a great addition.

When things are against you and need that back against the wall attitude, he's either there or a million miles away.

Issue we had, as did the whole team, was it was more the latter throughout last year 

Absolutely this. A lack of resilience and characters.

1 hour ago, Nod.E said:

Would be a great player for us to generate some much needed funds from.

Ricardo and Justin are both better players on the right, and in Kristiansen and Thomas we should have enough on the left.

Castagne just isn't that good. Loses the ball too often and gets beaten too easily. Wouldn't weaken us at all to lose him.

Not if they can't stay fit!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, StanSP said:

What fee do you think we'll get for him? 

£15-20m? 

original source, which appears to have had accurate info suggested we were pushing for that but in euros. 

So that translates to about 12-17m  assuming we end up in the middle  15 sounds about right 

He makes sense for Arsenal because the one things he’s decent at hugging the touch line, playing a 1-2 in and around the box and getting to the byline which is a key part of Arsenal’s attacking play to keep Saka inside.

Cant defend 1v1 mind and that performance at Palace against Zaha this year was as bad a RB performance as I’ve seen. A 60-year old Danny Simpson would do better.

• Like 1

Was one of the best right backs in the league in his first season and he's consistently declined every season since into one of the worst right backs in the league.

I have a theory that he was only able to reach that initial high level due to the quality coaching he received at Atalanta, players bought from there tend to get worse a year or so after they leave.

It could end up that he does well at a CL club like Arsenal whilst also being a player that we as a championship club desperately need to get rid of, depending on how good Artetas coaching really is. If he does return to the level he was at when we first signed him he could be a surprise hit for them, similar to how Chilwell succeeded at Chelsea whilst looking ropey for us in his final season.

Thought he was one of our best players when he arrived.

I think we persisted with him far too long because of how good he initially was, similar to other players. 

Became one of our worst players towards the end, and actually cost us games with his defending. 

Arsenal is a great move for him, but I think he may struggle there and be shipped out after just 1 season. 

Just hope Arsenal over pay! 

There's a lot of recency bias with people's assessments of him. Was poor in the season jus one but almost everyone was. First two seasons he was a very decent full-back. Surprised to see a link to Arsenal but he can definitely be playing at a higher level than the championship. 

I rate Castagne and am not surprised he’s linked with Arsenal at all.

His frailties:

Defending far post crosses

Playing an attacker onside

The crosses could be down to the facial injury, not sure I’d want to back pedal into a potential head clash after the injury he suffered.

The discipline for offsides, I’d put that down to coaching.

He arrived a better player than he is now - another example of Rodgers regressive coaching

Edited by 5waller5
  • Like 4

If he signs for Arsenal he's going to be backup and perhaps rotation here and there. You're not going to get a full on quality world class player to accept that so Timmy going makes sense.

He's a regular for Belgium so it's not as if he's a nobody so having a full regular international for a decent world team willing to play second fiddle is a good move for Arsenal. 

2 hours ago, Dames said:

10-12 max i'd say. 

Seem's a tad low for a 27yr old guy that's got 2yrs left on his contract, 31 full caps for Belgium & can play in multiple positions which is a real squad saver

We have already shifted a lot of wages with the OoC players + Tilly & soon Maddison maybe Barnes. Forest spent 15m on a 31yr Chris Wood i'm not sure we will just bendover & take what we can  just to get him off the books.

• Like 1