Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Castagne to Arsenal

4 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Wouldn't be unhappy with that. He's on my list of "also could be sold" players that I just think we should be able to replace with solid up-and-comers from the EFL without really damaging the team. 

He's a sellable asset we should easily be able to get around 12 - 16 combined with what we get off the wage bill should be nice.

IMO if the likes of Castagne, Praet, Ricardo, etc can be moved on then it gives us more chance of keeping people like Iheanacho that I think could be really valuable to us this year.

Agree with that although he’s a little more in the must go pile for me. 

Max Aarrons is in his final year at norwich, who just had Bali Mumba have a great campaign for plymouth. Their fans expect to move aaron’s on as they’ve already got his replacement now and they expect him to possibly be better than aarrons. Would make sense for us to tak Max and bank 10m 

Edited by Lambert09

1 minute ago, Lambert09 said:

Agree with that although he’s a little more in the must go pile for me. 

Max Aarrons is in his final year at norwich, who just had Bali Mumba have a great campaign for plymouth. There fans expect to move aaron’s on as they’ve already got his replacement now and they expect him to possibly be better than aarrons. Would make sense for us to tak Max and bank 10m 

I'd obviously take Aarons in a heartbeat but I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a Premier League move.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Lambert09 said:

A few articles suggesting they are interested and we want to receive between €15-20m 

The report came from belgium so likely his agent pushing his name out there

http://sportwitness.co.uk/arsenal-considering-move-defender-premier-league-relegated-team/

Makes sense as full back has been their weak point due to lack of numbers 

23 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

I'd obviously take Aarons in a heartbeat but I'd be surprised if he doesn't get a Premier League move.

Norwich fans (friends) reckon his form has fallen off dramatically last 12-18 months… not the player they were expecting him to become…

Been the definition of average since his debut. The same people who give Thomas stick, seem to give Castagne license to get away with the same errors/flaws despite being way more experienced. The big problem is that he can't defend, hence 352 at Atalanta...But he doesn't get forward enough now either.

As with the Tielemans links to Liverpool a few years back, Castagne to Arsenal makes just as little sense. Arteta has been playing with a 3rd CB out there, with White and Tomiyasu and Castagne's weakest area of his game is the same as their strengths. 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, smudger63 said:

Probably Castagnes agent working overdrive, getting his name out there.

I`ve no doubt he will go, but no way will Arsenal have any interest in him.

They need right backs. White has been filling in all season as Tomiyasu is an injury worry. Murmurs from some Arsenal fans is that Arteta sees the Japanese lad as CB cover so need an rb if he's fit but has to cover centrally.