Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Lambert09

Castagne to Arsenal

1 hour ago, smudger63 said:

Probably Castagnes agent working overdrive, getting his name out there.

I`ve no doubt he will go, but no way will Arsenal have any interest in him.

i’m sure people said the same about Cedric. 

As a back up, it’s plausible. 10m for a belgium international would on the surface sound like good business 

Edited by Lambert09

4 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Why would Arsenal want to sign a player who has struggled at RB all season? He’s better, just, at LB.

I think castagne is a bit like brendan and has a reputation far better than his ability 

• Like 2

Getting lots of stick here, but he was a steady and consistent preformer before this season. At one point looking like a perfect Richardo replacement. 

He'll leave as he is a sellable assert in a position we're covered for. I would imagine he will want to leave now his mate Youri has left. 

We should be getting 15m minimum 

• Like 2

Most seasons I have felt he was mostly just a comfortable performer for us

Would be a 6 / 7 out of 10 but never ever really go above that but wouldn't have a shocker

But this season though he seems to have struggled to even consistently played at a 6 out of 10 and has had some shockers

€15-20m would be a great deal and he is one I expect to leave anyway - not to Arsenal, I think he will end up back in Italy

Edited by moore_94
  • Like 2

I remeber Arsenal fans complaining we were nicking their potential signings-- they mentioned Soyuncu--and now we're selling one of our better players to them being relegated, in need of cash. Yay

• Like 1

Contrary to the consensus on FT, I actually thought Castagne wasn't a bad player. Got absolutely ZERO protection from anyone around him, and wasn't afraid to get forward. If we are going to get 15-20m then sure, sell. If we get offered 8-10, i'd rather keep him and sell Justin or Pereira. 

• Like 4

56 minutes ago, hackneyfox said:

Why would Arsenal want to sign a player who has struggled at RB all season? He’s better, just, at LB.

They would have him for both positions, Tierney wants out and possibly moving to Newcastle, it would improve their CB options as well with not having to play White at RB

• Haha 1

19 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

I'd be looking at Calvin Ramsay, Connor Bradley or Louis Patris as a replacement. 

Completely forgot about him. He's been injured since Feb apparently, but would be a great option. I'm liking the sound of Patris though, especially with Leuven as our sister club.

Failing that, I guess Justin first choice with Wormleighton as backup isn't too bad?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, CloudFox said:

Completely forgot about him. He's been injured since Feb apparently, but would be a great option. I'm liking the sound of Patris though, especially with Leuven as our sister club.

Failing that, I guess Justin first choice with Wormleighton as backup isn't too bad?

I think we'll sell Castagne, loan out Ricardo and then sign a right back and the 4 will be Thomas, Kristiansen, Justin, new RB. Wormleighton will be 3rd choice.

Ramsay was on our radar before going to Liverpool. Not massively in favour of filling our squad with loan signings that we don't have options to sign permanently but 1 or 2 are OK. Ramsay or Bradley from them would be decent business. Patris though could be a really shrewd signing and would be silly money.

• Like 1

Looked like he had something about him in the early days but he's been going backwards for a while now. I'd be surprised if he ends up at Arsenal. Like others have said, for squad depth he wouldn't be a bad signing for them, but I can't see him starting many games. 

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

I think we'll sell Castagne, loan out Ricardo and then sign a right back and the 4 will be Thomas, Kristiansen, Justin, new RB. Wormleighton will be 3rd choice.

Ramsay was on our radar before going to Liverpool. Not massively in favour of filling our squad with loan signings that we don't have options to sign permanently but 1 or 2 are OK. Ramsay or Bradley from them would be decent business. Patris though could be a really shrewd signing and would be silly money.

I like the sound of that. I can see Justin operating as a wide centre back if we go three at the back too. I wonder if that's where his future lies, given his injury. Although I do seem to recall he wasn't great at dealing with balls over the top?

Class for a while but has been poor for months now. Can't help feeling under a different manager and some more luck with injuries he'd have continued to shine. Also seems a decent bloke compared to many of them. But 15m and above its a no brainer.