Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

9 hours ago, JimJams said:

The rumoured fee that Gala are offering for NDombele is 8million Euros. Spurs want £11mill. So they're a little over halfway on the fee that they need for their primary target. I think if Spurs hold firm they don't pay it.

Surely that's less than the amortisation cost to keep him for a year. Would be strange to keep him

Just think people writing this guy off are borderline insane. Most every player regressed under Rodgers. Ndidi has had a host of off field issues to contend with. Hopefully, under Enzo, we can see him rebuild himself into the beast he was. 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Just think people writing this guy off are borderline insane. Most every player regressed under Rodgers. Ndidi has had a host of off field issues to contend with. Hopefully, under Enzo, we can see him rebuild himself into the beast he was. 

I wish it were so, but the truth is that he isn't a patch of what he was. Time to move on, I cannot see a recovery here.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, foxinsox said:

I wish it were so, but the truth is that he isn't a patch of what he was. Time to move on, I cannot see a recovery here.

How can you say that?  Enzo has just taken over. Whole new coaching system being put in place. I think the right thing is to give the guy a chance rather than sell for absolute peanuts now. We’ve shipped enough talent and replaced with lesser players. Sometimes, grasshopper, patience is the key. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

How can you say that?  Enzo has just taken over. Whole new coaching system being put in place. I think the right thing is to give the guy a chance rather than sell for absolute peanuts now. We’ve shipped enough talent and replaced with lesser players. Sometimes, grasshopper, patience is the key. 

From watching him on the often infrequent occasions when he is fit to play.

Was 5 years ago possibly the best DM in the Premiership, but those days are gone. His shooting has always been poor and his passing indifferent at best. He excelled at ball winning and was great in the air, but seemed to have lost those skills over the years. I really cannot see him getting those skills or his fitness back. 

5 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Ndidi's been here 7 years, reached 1 UCL quarter final, won an FA cup where he was a key player, finished 5th place twice where he was class in both seasons. For me he's one of our best ever players and, dare I say it, a club legend.

Yes he's not had a good 18 months but whether he stays or goes I think we should treat a player who has given us so many good years of his career a lot more respect.

Good player and instrumental to the way we played, but to call him a club legend is a stretch!

Edited by scinnell
  • Like 1

57 minutes ago, ARM1968 said:

So where are you playing him? Deep lying playmaker or number 8? 

We've not lined up with a DM in pre-season and THAT is were he made a name for himself. 

Sure we can keep him in the squad as an option to play a DM when needed but then we'll lose him for free next summer anyway...

15 minutes ago, scinnell said:

Good player and instrumental to the way we played, but to call him a club legend is a stretch!

Ndidi has a more accomplished leicester career than any player that wasnt part of our title winning team. I cant see why he isnt seen as a legend.

27 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

Ndidi's been here 7 years, reached 1 UCL quarter final, won an FA cup where he was a key player, finished 5th place twice where he was class in both seasons. For me he's one of our best ever players and, dare I say it, a club legend.

Yes he's not had a good 18 months but whether he stays or goes I think we should treat a player who has given us so many good years of his career a lot more respect.

Edit: for those of you who forgot how good Ndidi was for us

https://twitter.com/midfieldxr/status/1683766140345122816?s=20

Club Legend. :nigel:

1 hour ago, Les-TA-Jon said:

For me, it's not about whether Ndidi is good enough or not - we can't keep letting valuable players walk for nothing. We should be actively trying to sell Praet, Vestergaard, Ndidi, Iheanacho and Choudhury if they won't sign contract extensions this window. 

Will we get enough money to get a better player?  Unlikely. Will he sign a new contract? We don’t know. Would he be likely to sign one if we’re romping the Championship by Christmas? Possibly. I think we’re better with him. Yes it’s a risk, but so is buying a player who turns out shite. 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, ARM1968 said:

Will we get enough money to get a better player?  Unlikely. Will he sign a new contract? We don’t know. Would he be likely to sign one if we’re romping the Championship by Christmas? Possibly. I think we’re better with him. Yes it’s a risk, but so is buying a player who turns out shite. 

You cannot carry that much risk, it would bre proliferating the same mistakes. Same with Kel, same with anyone who won`t sign an extension.

They have to go as we cannot be so moronic to be carrying such financial risk - yes he may make the difference but recent history dictates otherwise, its just too uncertain  :(

22 minutes ago, Scotch said:

So where are you playing him? Deep lying playmaker or number 8? 

We've not lined up with a DM in pre-season and THAT is were he made a name for himself. 

Sure we can keep him in the squad as an option to play a DM when needed but then we'll lose him for free next summer anyway...

I’m not. That’s Enzo’s decision. 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, MrsJohnMurphy said:

You'll all be crying over him when he goes full Vinnie Jones against Coventry and comes away with a hattrick of clangers 

fixed.

Edited by MPH
  • Haha 3

1 hour ago, honeybradger said:

Edit: for those of you who forgot how good Ndidi was for us

https://twitter.com/midfieldxr/status/1683766140345122816?s=20

Club legend is pushing it id say. Was a very good player in the early years but has been found out as the game has become a lot more technical in recent times. Not sure being a good player out right qualifies you for legend status 

Edited by South Shire Fox

2 hours ago, ARM1968 said:

He has looked good in pre-season, playing a slightly different role.

I am sure he will have a great season for us, if he stays.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, South Shire Fox said:

Club legend is pushing it id say. Was a very good player in the early years but has been found out as the game has become a lot more technical in recent times. Not sure being a good player out right qualifies you for legend status 

He was a lot more than just "good". In that video i linked he made Thiago Alcantara, one of the best midfielders of his generation, look like a competition winner. Ndidi was one of the best DMs in europe for most of his career with us and was a vital part in us finally winning the FA cup, a trophy that we as a club were desperate to win for a very long time. I guess in a world where fans debate whether Andy King or Danny Drinkwater are club legends then i guess Ndidi might not be a club legend, but for me he definitely is.

5 minutes ago, honeybradger said:

He was a lot more than just "good". In that video i linked he made Thiago Alcantara, one of the best midfielders of his generation, look like a competition winner. Ndidi was one of the best DMs in europe for most of his career with us and was a vital part in us finally winning the FA cup, a trophy that we as a club were desperate to win for a very long time. I guess in a world where fans debate whether Andy King or Danny Drinkwater are club legends then i guess Ndidi might not be a club legend, but for me he definitely is.

I know, thats why i said ‘very good’. But he has also made alot of mistakes over the years which have led to us conceding goals which is why Leicester will be the peak of his career