Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

3 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Am I the only one who thinks if he is managed well and gets his head right that Ndidi could be a massively valuable player for us in the Champs.

I know "if" is doing some heavy lifting here but anyway....

Well he scored today, that's a good start. 

On 25/07/2023 at 09:29, STEVIE B said:

Maybe, maybe not. 
Every club over eggs the value of their assets don’t they, as a starting point ? 
We want near £20m, someone will offer £14m. An agreement of about £16m will be reached. 

Unless its to Saudi, there is no way I can see us getting anything close to £16m especially with only one year left on his contract. 

13 minutes ago, Viva said:

Unless its to Saudi, there is no way I can see us getting anything close to £16m especially with only one year left on his contract. 

Oh, l totally agree. I was merely showing how l believe transfers work.

Although, if we want to keep him we would set a higher valuation, which is possibly what we're planning. 

It's amazing how much his stock has dropped though. 

Edited by STEVIE B

7 minutes ago, STEVIE B said:

Although, if we want to keep him we would set a higher valuation, which is possibly what we're planning. 

Definitely, a massive decline. I personally would be trying to get him out of the door and not potentially pricing us out of a sale. 

• Like 2

18 hours ago, Fox 4 Life said:

He has been a shadow of his former self but hard to know if Brendan was a factor, would hate to lose him to Forest.

Not really. Apart from Madders, Brendan destroyed every player at the club.

By ‘destroyed’ I mean one or more of: physically (overstretched like Ricardo & JJ), morale and/or motivation (eg Vesty, Cags, Vardy), or technically (eg Ndidi). You can bet Brendan had a negative effect on just about every player we had. 

Edited by Steve Earle
Addition
  • Like 3

4 hours ago, STEVIE B said:

...he is definitely a #6 and not #8, he has taken to that role he has been asked to play and has done it well!!!

Just imagine a player with a better skillset playing that role and being able to pick out a runner in the box to finish. It certainly seems to find ways of paying dividends this new system and when we can have threats all over the pitch, we will be a hard team to play against.

Rodgers exposed his weaker attributes and demoralised him, he cannot play the way that Winks does but he can still be a solid player as #6.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...he is definitely a #6 and not #8, he has taken to that role he has been asked to play and has done it well!!!

Just imagine a player with a better skillset playing that role and being able to pick out a runner in the box to finish. It certainly seems to find ways of paying dividends this new system and when we can have threats all over the pitch, we will be a hard team to play against.

Rodgers exposed his weaker attributes and demoralised him, he cannot play the way that Winks does but he can still be a solid player as #6.

Yes, Rodgers has a lot to answer for. I bet most, if not all of the remaining players are pleased he's gone. 

I can't think of any past managers that had such a detrimental impact, so widely. 

Edited by STEVIE B
  • Like 4

23 hours ago, Brizzle Fox said:

Am I the only one who thinks if he is managed well and gets his head right that Ndidi could be a massively valuable player for us in the Champs.

I know "if" is doing some heavy lifting here but anyway....

sounds like he’s a bit of a risky buy if he’s been injured and off form. I’d be surprised if Forest go for him as we bought too many unconvincing midfielders last season.  I think we’ll go for a clear upgrade or no one.  

also I think Iheanacho is off the table for us now we’ve got Elanga.  

On 26/07/2023 at 11:37, Finn Claw II said:

If Forest and Celtic come in for him then at least we should get a decent fee.

Such a shame he never pushed on as for a while he looked a potential world beater.  

There is a very good player in there.

Celtic usually stop in the "reduced to clear bin" .. To the best of my knowledge, the 9 mil they spent on Odsonne  Edouard is their biggest purchase. He is too good for Scottish Football & will probably go to Premier League if he leaves.

2 minutes ago, gurru991 said:

Celtic usually stop in the "reduced to clear bin" .. To the best of my knowledge, the 9 mil they spent on Odsonne  Edouard is their biggest purchase. He is too good for Scottish Football & will probably go to Premier League if he leaves.

What

This bloke?

Screenshot_20230727_190207_Google.jpg

• Haha 2

https://www.allnigeriasoccer.com/read_news.php?nid=48322

Galatasaray will consider a move for Leicester City star Wilfred Ndidi if they cannot sign their primary target Tanguy Ndombélé.

According to Turkish news channel A Haber, the Super Lig champions are interested in buying a defensive midfielder before the end of the transfer window and have identified the Nigerian international as a target.

The 26-year-old Ndidi is being considered as an alternative to Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Ndombélé.

Galatasaray's first bid for Ndombélé was deemed insufficient by Tottenham Hotspur and it remains to be seen whether a second bid would be accepted by the Premier League club. 

Curious one on Ndidi, there's absolutely no reason to demand an unreasonable fee for him if he's leaving on a free next summer. He'll be on big wages, has been here so long that anything we get for him is pure profit, as there's no amortisation remaining.

But us asking for £20m for a player who's form has fell off a cliff is pretty crazy. I think he's a £12m punt max.

• Like 3

3 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Galatasaray will consider a move for Leicester City star Wilfred Ndidi if they cannot sign their primary target Tanguy Ndombélé.

According to Turkish news channel A Haber, the Super Lig champions are interested in buying a defensive midfielder before the end of the transfer window and have identified the Nigerian international as a target.

The 26-year-old Ndidi is being considered as an alternative to Tottenham Hotspur midfielder Ndombélé.

Galatasaray's first bid for Ndombélé was deemed insufficient by Tottenham Hotspur and it remains to be seen whether a second bid would be accepted by the Premier League club. 

Anything north of £10m and we should accept it IMHO 

• Like 2

24 minutes ago, Ric Flair said:

Curious one on Ndidi, there's absolutely no reason to demand an unreasonable fee for him if he's leaving on a free next summer. He'll be on big wages, has been here so long that anything we get for him is pure profit, as there's no amortisation remaining.

But us asking for £20m for a player who's form has fell off a cliff is pretty crazy. I think he's a £12m punt max.

Agree with this, I'd think we'd be lucky to see 8m.. maybe 5 or 6 tops from Turkey.

3 years ago he was one of the first names on the team sheet, now I don't care either way, won't be missed but would also do a Jon on the division.

I'd rather take the money and run with the centre mids we have for now

• Like 1

4 hours ago, moore_94 said:

Bracing myself for a £2m offer.