Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

9 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

lol I know its quoted he older than 26 but I don't believe that he can't get round the pitch anymore.. maybe a pre season under a different coach with different regimes might help his fitness.

Not necessarily his age but all his injuries taking its toll. Just saying what i see with my eyes 😂. Last two years ive seen a double decker bus turn faster then him. About as agile as Steve Howard

Edited by South Shire Fox
  • Like 2

1 minute ago, whoareyaaa said:

Soumare?

I get what your saying we are going to be dominating possession but we have been doing that since Puel started the transition so it's nothing new. 

No! I was willing to give him an opportunity but he’s proven he literally has zero awareness, a little bit like Hamza. Soumare is still far too erratic/sloppy in possession in my opinion and doesn’t have an engine. If we got a half decent offer from someone I would move him on.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, MalletFox said:

No! I was willing to give him an opportunity but he’s proven he literally has zero awareness, a little bit like Hamza. Soumare is still far too erratic/sloppy in possession in my opinion and doesn’t have an engine. If we got a half decent offer from someone I would move him on.

I would bet that Nididi and/or Soumare will be featuring next season.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

30 minutes ago, whoareyaaa said:

I would bet that Nididi and/or Soumare will be featuring next season.

Which is quite a concern….I don’t buy into the mantra that players suddenly have the ability to track back (Soumare) or do basic football things (Ndidi) just because we’ve dropped a division.

Ndidi wasn’t able to run last season so not sure that he is somehow going to wind back the years and go back to the beast mode he once was.

• Like 1

If he can get back to 85-90% of his best he’d be the best CDM in the league. There’s two big questions over him. Firstly why the decline; if it’s mental a new manager could fix it, if it’s physical it’ll be more of a challenge. The second is how he’ll fit into that role in a Maresca team. We’ve seen under Rogers if he’s asked to do anything other than intercept and pass it on he struggles.

5 minutes ago, Dahnsouff said:

Christ I hope not

People keep citing Peps systems and philosophy and positional changes have been part of it. Is Wilf better on the ball than our other defenders? Probably not. You might be safe.

You can never tell wether or not he’s taken a first touch, or played a crisp three yard pass.

He used to be pretty efficient at what he did but I’ve never thought he was as good as people made him out to be. I remember reading the Nigeria manager moaning about him being at Leicester and that his level was much higher - I laughed out loud when I read that, even back then.

Even in a short period of time the game has moved on from him. We should take the first offer that comes in.

thing with Wilf, the injuries and Rodgers have took it out of him, lets not forget how good he was for us for like the first 3 yrs, then rodgers changed it up so to speak

if he gets back to the form we know hes got he'd be good for anyone, but i think hes run his course with us

On 15/07/2023 at 09:43, Samilktray said:

I personally don’t have it in me to cheer for sexual predators but fair play if you do

...apparently, there are videos that disprove her allegations!!!

He may have put himself in a situation where he was open to being exploited and that is down to him and the way he chooses to relax. The people frequenting these get together have ulterior motives,  Victoria Beckham and a friend went to a party knowing that Ryan Giggs would be there and he was the reason why they went. She did not get to spend time with Giggs but met David Beckham instead. Their relationship developed from there.

You either take the view that you are prey to some people or you keep yourself to relationships where you meet in a one-on-one situation. This is not the first time that this has happened and it will not be the last. If you choose to live this way, it is a risk that leaves you open to accusations.

On 15/07/2023 at 12:50, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We're stuck with him. He's not even wanted by the Saudi's.

Seems he's happy here to collect a big wage and run out his contract.

...perhaps the fact that he has little or no other options, means that his collecting his salary is perhaps not out of choice!!!

On 15/07/2023 at 07:50, CrispinLA in Texas said:

We're stuck with him. He's not even wanted by the Saudi's.

Seems he's happy here to collect a big wage and run out his contract.

Completey our fault if he’s on  a big contract, not his…

• Like 3

35 minutes ago, MPH said:

Completey our fault if he’s on  a big contract, not his…

He's one that I don't really blame the club for giving a big contract. There are plenty other instances that we could question but not this one. 

It wasn't too long ago, his stats were up there with the best DM's in the world. OFCOURSE we were going to do what we could to keep him and that very much includes showing him the money. 

Who could have guessed that he would have touched a basketball and the wee alien guys from spacejam would have taken all his footballing abilities? 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, Alf Bentley said:

Apart from poor finishing, he was surprisingly effective playing a more attacking role on Saturday.

Good pace, fitness, runs into space and creativity - albeit for about half an hour against weak opposition, of course. :D

Will be interesting to see what becomes of him. Either Enzo is serious about trying him in a new role or I presume he'll move on, as I can't imagine he'll have a place as a DM under the new tactical regime.

I wish him well whatever happens. He might have had a poor season last year, but was one of our best players for several years. Yes, in a limited role, but an important role in which he was highly effective.

It was a strange one to see, he seemed to have drive and vision.  I thought his Leicester career was moribund but I’m reserving judgement on Ndidi for now. 

Ward, Soumare, Vestagard, Castagne and Praet can still leave. 

• Like 1

On 15/07/2023 at 10:51, South Shire Fox said:

Not necessarily his age but all his injuries taking its toll. Just saying what i see with my eyes 😂. Last two years ive seen a double decker bus turn faster then him. About as agile as Steve Howard

I don’t want to be shot down, but I think it’s reasonable to question his age given he was caught up in a scandal at youth level where players underwent some sort of test and they thought he was older than the age group he was representing.

In other news, he’s played like a 35 year old for the last 2 years. 

Edited by Wasyls Pec Deck
  • Like 2

On 15/07/2023 at 14:09, FrankieADZ said:

thing with Wilf, the injuries and Rodgers have took it out of him, lets not forget how good he was for us for like the first 3 yrs, then rodgers changed it up so to speak

if he gets back to the form we know hes got he'd be good for anyone, but i think hes run his course with us

We keep saying this though, and yet there’s no evidence to suggest he’s able to. In the last two years he was so often the worst player on the pitch in a side that was largely abject week-in, week-out.

Whether it’s personal, mental, physical (I don’t buy into the age conspiracy theory, BTW) or a combination of factors, I just don’t think we’ll ever see him anywhere near that level again. An unprecedented decline and it feels like we’re past the point of no return with him.

I hope he proves me wrong.

• Like 1

Shame, I was looking forward to seeing Enzo turn him into a marauding box to box :ph34r:

https://soccernet.ng/2023/07/19-time-super-lig-champions-overtake-celtic-in-race-for-leicester-citys-wilfred-ndidi.html

Turkish Süper Lig giants Fenerbahce have taken the lead in the pursuit of Leicester City and Nigerian midfielder Wilfred Ndidi, Soccernet.ngreports.

5 hours ago, Wasyls Pec Deck said:

I don’t want to be shot down, but I think it’s reasonable to question his age given he was caught up in a scandal at youth level where players underwent some sort of test and they thought he was older than the age group he was representing.

In other news, he’s played like a 35 year old for the last 2 years. 

Those MRI scans found their ages were older than claimed but only “slightly” above the cutoff for the U17 tournament and he was withdrawn as a precaution. If he is older than he claimed then it is only very marginal according to the MRI scans. So it’s a non-consideration. He is in his mid 20s. 

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

15 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

Shame, I was looking forward to seeing Enzo turn him into a marauding box to box :ph34r:

https://soccernet.ng/2023/07/19-time-super-lig-champions-overtake-celtic-in-race-for-leicester-citys-wilfred-ndidi.html

Turkish Süper Lig giants Fenerbahce have taken the lead in the pursuit of Leicester City and Nigerian midfielder Wilfred Ndidi, Soccernet.ngreports.

In the ME there is apparently a tradition of giving "baksheesh" to people involved in a negotiation. No one wants to see bribes, but maybe we can call it baksheesh in order to get this deal done.