Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

2 minutes ago, Hamilton Fox said:

Not been his biggest fan over last 2 years but if we have him for the rest of the season we will have player that still much better than this league and give us a better chance of promotion (even as a sub)

He has been woeful over the last 2 years, and I would not have been that bothered if he had gone today. 

However, he definitely has a spring in his step playing for Enzo, and his physicality will always be useful, especially in this league. 

I just hope we see more of this new Wilf, and less of the one we got used to over the last 2 years. 

• Like 2

It’s a strange one.

If Wilf can get back to the form of a few seasons ago then he’s definitely got a lot to offer at this level. Especially if we were playing him as a CDM. 

His limitations are such though that you wouldn’t think he’d excel in his current role. On balance I think I’m happy that he stays, but not overjoyed. More important to get rid of Soumare 

5 hours ago, whoareyaaa said:

Happy Wilf is staying, he has improved this season... said wouldn't mind if he went but thinking about it he looks a much better player under Enzo and he should continue to improve.

The fact Wilf has gone from his position essentially being a defensive midfield “destroyer” (havent seen that in a while) to some sort of box to box midfielder who spends more time in the oppositions final 3rd than he does his own and we can confidently say he’s improved is a great sign for me. 

Hes playing a position he’s never played before for us, with a role he’s never played in his career and I think most of us would have laughed if we were told Wilf was going to be arriving into the box, driving forward and putting crosses in, yet here we are and he’s doing a pretty decent job of it. 

I’m fully confident Wilf will prove this forum wrong and be one of our best all round performers this season. 

• Like 2

7 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Do we think Wilf will be starting most games then? 

Casadei having to be patient? 

Seems weird to continue to play him in that role but not done much wrong really

I think for me it’s Casadei who will replace KDH.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, STUHILL said:

Do we think Wilf will be starting most games then? 

Casadei having to be patient? 

Seems weird to continue to play him in that role but not done much wrong really

I think Wilf may play the next 3 games keep him onside after the window has closed, then Start to rotate when we get to Bristol City, Liverpool and Blackburn.

• Like 1