Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
Iran

Wilfred Ndidi

Just now, Scotch said:

Ideal! I reckon we will get more from a Saudi team than we would a club who know what they're doing. 

...they have to outbid the established leagues in order to entice players to come to their clubs!!!

Back in the day, there was good money to be earned in the USA for players who were looking for a last big contract. It is not that these Saudi clubs,  have little idea of what they are doing, just building up a league that will produce homegrown talents eventually and grow the game in their backyard.

What could have been. There was a point early on in his time with us where I thought we would lose him to a top, top team. Now I think a deal like this would be perfect for us, likely to pay well over the odds, likely to offer him a very good payday to encourage him to go. If he took this I think it would be an indication that he acknowledges his best days have well and truly been and gone.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Ideal! I reckon we will get more from a Saudi team than we would a club who know what they're doing. 

Why are there DoFs in Saudi Football named Al Ruddifuddi?

• Haha 4

2 minutes ago, LcFc_Smiv said:

What could have been. There was a point early on in his time with us where I thought we would lose him to a top, top team. Now I think a deal like this would be perfect for us, likely to pay well over the odds, likely to offer him a very good payday to encourage him to go. If he took this I think it would be an indication that he acknowledges his best days have well and truly been and gone.

...the style of play which will be brought in by Maresca will be a bigger determining factor than anything else!!!

His inability in possession will be a major factor, as the need to be comfortable on the ball will be paramount. 

• Like 1

I’d still like to see him play under a diff manager as I think BR tactics destroyed him as well but I assume he wouldn’t fit Maresca style anyway. 

If its its Saudi though we should push for between 20-30mill. A few years ago he was in the 60-80mill bracket 

1 minute ago, An Sionnach said:

If Wilf is going and Papa already gone , Hamza will be making a glorious return. I have to laugh , if I had said that a year ago I would have been slaughtered.

...there is no guarantee that this will be the case, only FT pushing the Hamza inclusion!!!

We extended his contract in order to get a fee, we most likely will still be looking to offload.

The only way I’d consider keeping Wilf now is to play at CB. He’s finished as a CDM. 

I would sell immediately if a decent offer from Saudi comes in. Get the wages off the books and a fee for him and reinvest in the midfield with a young hungry player. 

• Like 1

Was it injuries?  Was it Brendan?  Did the game move on and leave him behind?

Who knows and quite frankly,  who cares?  He's been absolute dogshit for a couple of seasons and that winner against Villa at home he gave away, really sums up just how shit he's become.

If we can get rid of him for any kind of fee it'll be a win.  He's likely to be on decent money too so ditching him now is the smart thing to do.

Real shame as at one point when we are at peak Brendan, him, Youri and Maddison were pretty much the best midfield trio in the league.  We all used to laugh at the suggestion that Declan Rice was better than him!!

• Like 1