Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ryan Giles

3 minutes ago, sacreblueits442 said:

...is that due to us moving too slowly to snap up a player!!!

You would think with Maresca at the helm he would have felt that he had a head start on the other players here. Conversely, he may not be a fan of Maresca so it could have been a stumbling block.

A chance to play in the Premier League would be hard to turn down, so good luck to him, he certainly is an exciting player.

Or we just weren't interested in him 

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

An extremely attacking left back that's also played a few games as a defensive midfielder. 

To continue the we are mini Man City narrative, is Giles more of a Zinchenko type player? 

Does seem odd that VK is getting kicked down but maybe he and Madividi down the left make sense for overlap and tucking in. 

I wonder if Timmy will continue down the right? 

33 minutes ago, Molson Canadian said:

primarily a left back?

31 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

An extremely attacking left back that's also played a few games as a defensive midfielder. 

A LB who's weaknesses apparently include "defensive contribution" and "Tackling" according to the all knowing Internet. 

I'm almost certain he would be used as a defensive winger. Or another option for the Ricardo role on the other side if we wanted to play JJ as RB coming into RCB and Ricardo on the wing. 

• Like 1

Just now, Scotch said:

A LB who's weaknesses apparently include "defensive contribution" and "Tackling" according to the all knowing Internet. 

I'm almost certain he would be used as a defensive winger. Or another option for the Ricardo role on the other side if we wanted to play JJ as RB coming into RCB and Ricardo on the wing. 

or converted into a left winger perhaps..... 

5 minutes ago, Scotch said:

Are you talking about Thomas or Giles there? LOL 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Muzzy_no7 said:

He’s being considered as a LW.

We aren’t in the market for a LB or LWB. 

But the beauty of it is he's an excellent LWB should we want to play 3 at the back and he be the LWB rather than Kristiansen or Thomas.

• Like 1

Just now, Ric Flair said:

But the beauty of it is he's an excellent LWB should we want to play 3 at the back and he be the LWB rather than Kristiansen or Thomas.

Yeah that’s the beauty of signing him, hope we get it done as the mighty Luton are sniffing 😂

1 hour ago, HoustonFox said:

To continue the we are mini Man City narrative, is Giles more of a Zinchenko type player? 

Does seem odd that VK is getting kicked down but maybe he and Madividi down the left make sense for overlap and tucking in. 

I wonder if Timmy will continue down the right? 

1 hour ago, Scotch said:

Honestly his attacking contributions at this level are so positive it genuinely wouldn't surprise me if we just have plans to make him a full on winger. But equally he lets us play an ACTUAL 343 instead of this sort of odd 3241 thing so maybe it's just about options. Or he could do what Ricardo is currently doing just flipped but then I don't know what we do with Doyle? I dunno. Loads of questions. It'll make more sense no doubt after a few games.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Finnegan said:

I don't think he has played as a defensive mid?

Other than about 10 games down the right he has always played somewhere down the left

10 minutes ago, moore_94 said:

I don't think he has played as a defensive mid?

Other than about 10 games down the right he has always played somewhere down the left

You know what you appear to be absolutely correct. I'm not sure where I got that from, I think I took it on face value from someone else in this thread without questioning it which is unlike me lol

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

Honestly his attacking contributions at this level are so positive it genuinely wouldn't surprise me if we just have plans to make him a full on winger. But equally he lets us play an ACTUAL 343 instead of this sort of odd 3241 thing so maybe it's just about options. Or he could do what Ricardo is currently doing just flipped but then I don't know what we do with Doyle? I dunno. Loads of questions. It'll make more sense no doubt after a few games.

I said that earlier. If Giles does the inverted WB thing that Ricardo has been doing, Doyle and Coady as CB with JJ being the RB that becomes the RCB like Doyle has been doing. It could even mean Ricardo being the  winger on the right side. 

But I do think Giles will just play winger. 

I also said this last night, Giles just opens up more options than Thomas does. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Ric Flair said:

What about Justin? If Ricardo start RB, I can't see Thomas or Kristenson playing LB.

Doubt either Ricardo or Justin will leave due to their recent injuries 

44 minutes ago, Finnegan said:

26 minutes ago, Scotch said:

I said that earlier. If Giles does the inverted WB thing that Ricardo has been doing, Doyle and Coady as CB with JJ being the RB that becomes the RCB like Doyle has been doing. It could even mean Ricardo being the  winger on the right side. 

But I do think Giles will just play winger. 

I also said this last night, Giles just opens up more options than Thomas does. 

Seems like he gives us options. Would he play the 4 or the 3 in the 343? If we get Madividi I can see him being the 3 making this guy the 4 then Doyle goes to the 3 and then Ricky goes 4 on other side but then we need a 3. 

make sense? LOL 

Just now, HoustonFox said:

Seems like he gives us options. Would he play the 4 or the 3 in the 343? If we get Madividi I can see him being the 3 making this guy the 4 then Doyle goes to the 3 and then Ricky goes 4 on other side but then we need a 3. 

make sense? LOL 

Like you said, it's options. 

In that scenario, him and Ricardo would be in the 4, yeah. 

5 hours ago, sacreblueits442 said:

You would think with Maresca at the helm he would have felt that he had a head start on the other players here. Conversely, he may not be a fan of Maresca so it could have been a stumbling block.

A chance to play in the Premier League would be hard to turn down, so good luck to him, he certainly is an exciting player.

No it’s due to a premier club playing in the Europa league wanting to sign him. 

• Thanks 1

On 20/07/2023 at 08:20, Pliskin said:

I’ve heard that Enzo is having more of a say in transfers, just down to how impressed they are with him. So far if he has you would suggest he’s made good suggestions….. not like signing an aggressive front footed defender…… who isn’t a an aggressive front footed defender…..

This is no dig at Maresca as I like the cut of him so far but this seems all a bit familiar.

For what it's worth I do think the manager should obviously have a say but there just needs to be sense behind it, which we lost under Rodgers.

On 20/07/2023 at 18:31, sacreblueits442 said:

Doesn't seem to be anything to suggest that based on what we've seen so far - there was no messing about getting coady and winks (who they obviously felt were key signings and achievable).

The club are famous for being tight lipped about targets and have brought in very specific not particularly expected players.  I think if they'd wanted Borges and could afford him, they'd have had little trouble agreeing to it with man city, it seems much more likely he was destined for the PL.