Our system detected that your browser is blocking advertisements on our site. Please help support FoxesTalk by disabling any kind of ad blocker while browsing this site. Thank you.
davieG

Ryan Giles

On 20/07/2023 at 21:58, HoustonFox said:

To continue the we are mini Man City narrative, is Giles more of a Zinchenko type player? 

Does seem odd that VK is getting kicked down but maybe he and Madividi down the left make sense for overlap and tucking in. 

I wonder if Timmy will continue down the right? 

VK seems more likely targeted to play as an alternate to Doyle.  From what i've read here, Giles seems more likely to be pushed up into the KDH/Madivadua position....

23 hours ago, Finnegan said:

Honestly his attacking contributions at this level are so positive it genuinely wouldn't surprise me if we just have plans to make him a full on winger. But equally he lets us play an ACTUAL 343 instead of this sort of odd 3241 thing so maybe it's just about options. Or he could do what Ricardo is currently doing just flipped but then I don't know what we do with Doyle? I dunno. Loads of questions. It'll make more sense no doubt after a few games.

I think the beauty of your bewilderment is that we're suddenly finding ourselves with OPTIONS. Which is fantastic after the rigidity of BR.

23 hours ago, Scotch said:

I said that earlier. If Giles does the inverted WB thing that Ricardo has been doing, Doyle and Coady as CB with JJ being the RB that becomes the RCB like Doyle has been doing. It could even mean Ricardo being the  winger on the right side. 

But I do think Giles will just play winger. 

I also said this last night, Giles just opens up more options than Thomas does. 

I suppose this could be the case against sides that are particularly good/bad on one side; that we can target/protect according to the way the opponent lines up?

• Like 1

23 hours ago, Kierzz said:

What about Justin? If Ricardo start RB, I can't see Thomas or Kristenson playing LB.

Doubt either Ricardo or Justin will leave due to their recent injuries 

Kristiansen has come in and played the Doyle role in all the friendlies so far,

2 hours ago, Molson Canadian said:

@Sambiasso

Anything on this one?

Form his post in the Mavididi thread....

Casadei is 50/50 - Needs convincing

Rak-Sakyi is on a long list of potential wide players, wouldn't set your heart on it - Been doing very well for Palace.

Giles I expect to be done

Mavididi 

28 minutes ago, Lillehamring said:

Kristiansen has come in and played the Doyle role in all the friendlies so far,

That's most liklely because Enzo wants to see him in action in a few games. He knows what Doyle can do from his Man City days.

20 minutes ago, Happy Fox said:

Thomas is better than Giles

Thomas is average. I would be moving him on. Kristiansen can compete at lb with Doyle and we should be aiming to bring in minimum of 2 wingers and an attacking midfielder. 

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

I'm sorry but anyone who bought into his non-committal posts here only has themselves to blame. With all the info that was and is out on the players we've signed so far, it's really not that hard to make something up that'll hold true. 

This forum has a rather annoying habit of falling for anyone who posts even remotely believable things about our transfer business. And then we always get to hear the familiar "I'm not claiming to be ITK, just letting everyone know what I've been told". Do you honestly think that the club that barely feeds Percy/ Tanner anything would allow for info to get out to Foxestalk members?

Spot on. 

18 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

I'm sorry but anyone who bought into his non-committal posts here only has themselves to blame. With all the info that was and is out on the players we've signed so far, it's really not that hard to make something up that'll hold true. 

This forum has a rather annoying habit of falling for anyone who posts even remotely believable things about our transfer business. And then we always get to hear the familiar "I'm not claiming to be ITK, just letting everyone know what I've been told". Do you honestly think that the club that barely feeds Percy/ Tanner anything would allow for info to get out to Foxestalk members?

hook line and sinker @Sambiasso has took us for a ride 🤣

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, LFox99 said:

I agree 100%

I just find it odd behaviour. It's really not that hard to say "Oh yeah we're interested in X player and plan to hold talks with player Y" then adding a little sprinkling of "talks progressing well" when reputable journos are reporting on the matter already.

The only one on this forum I trust with leaks is @Ashley with our kits :* 

• Thanks 1

1 minute ago, Marshall Cockney Fox said:

It's a tad depressing that any club coming in from the Prem. Now reduces us to 2nd choice at best. 

Not exactly, Coady, Winks, Doyle all had suitors in the prem but still chose us. 

• Like 2